News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2017 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, July 21, 2016, 12:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

In this topic,we're going to try guessing some of next year's releases.Behold my guesses:

Wild Safari:Deinocheirus,Utahraptor,Quetzalcoatlus,Qianzhousaurus
CollectA:Supreme Microraptor,Apatosaurus,Deluxe Carnotaurus,a recently discovered ceratopsian (newer than Mercuriceratops  ;) ) ,Qianzhousaurus,and a mosasaur.
Papo:Acrocanthosaurus,Iguanodon.

profnik

What the idea for 2017 hopes & dreams is

Wild safari prehistoric world:
Tilkaalik
Cave bear
Hadrosaurus
Dreadnoughtus
American Mastodon
Dimetrodon

Prehistoric Mammals Toob including:

re-use the 3 figures  from the Prehistoric life Toob if they need another species to pad this one out is
Woolly Mammoth
Giant Sloth
Smilodon

Daeodon
Cave Bear
Mastodon
Gigantopithecus
Woolly Rhino
Paraceratherium
Embolotherium
Castorocauda
Repenomamus

Extinct Species toobs including :

Tasmanian Tiger
Dodo Bird
Passenger Pigeon
Giant Moa
Quagga
re-use the Woolly Mammoth from the Prehistoric life Toob if they need another species to pad this one out is
Great Auk
Steller's Seacow
Auroch
Golden Toad
Baiji Dolphin
Irish Elk

Pterosaur Toob including:

Pterodaustro
Quetzalcoatlus
Ramphorynchus
Pteranodon
Dimorophodon
Jeholopterus
Tapejara
Dsungaripterus 
Anhanguera 
Thalassodromeus
Nyctosaurus
Peteinosaurus

Good luck minis:
Saber-tooth tiger
Trilobites & Ammonites
Dunkleostus & Mosasaurus

AcroSauroTaurus

WS: Edmontonia(due to the success of the Sauropelta), Spinosaurus remake, any ceratopsian, and...  how about a bigger Helicoprion.

CollectA: Giganotosaurus, Apatosaurus, Supreme Microraptor, Elasmotherium, Livyatan, Any ceratopsian, Oxalaia, Gualicho(might be too recent, but knowing CollectA, theres a chance), sauropod carcass, Sauropelta, Carnotaurus, Ceratosaurus, Kaprosuchus, Thylacosmilus, Varanus priscus, Basilosaurus.

Schleich: Don't care as long as they're cool looking.

Papo: Acrocanthosaurus, Iguanodon, are those even counted as predictions since they were confirmed?
I am the Dinosaur King!

Pachyrhinosaurus

I'm hoping for more mammals from Safari. A mastodon would go well with their current selection (and a re-release of the arsinoitherium).
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

suspsy

*Sigh* I can never resist these threads.

From Wild Safari, I would like:

-New Stegosaurus
-Rubeosaurus
-Deinonychus
-Cearadactylus
-Woolly Rhino

And from CollectA, my dream 2017 assortment would be:

-Supreme Yi qi with articulated jaw
-Deluxe Austroraptor with articulated jaw
-Deluxe Purrussaurus with articulated jaw
-Deluxe Basilosaurus with articulated jaw

-Bravoceratops
-Gigantspinosaurus
-Dakotaraptor
-Dromaeosaurus
-Shantungosaurus
-Caviramus
-Globidens
-Arctotherium
-Megaloceros

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CarnegieCollector

safari ltd:
Yi Qi
Gigantoraptor
Updated mosasaurus
Eniosaurus

CollectA:
Extra-large dimorphodon
Beipiosaurus
Yutyrannus
Caudipteryx
Deluxe amphicoelias. Yes. Yes. a 1:40 scale amphicoelias. That would be enormous. And that's a good thing

Schleich:
Yutyrannus (I really wanna see how they do a floofy dinosaur.)
Mosasaurus
Ichthyosaurus
Rhamphorynchus
Short legged spinosaurus
Utahraptor

Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

Silvanusaurus

CollectA:

Updated Baryonyx
Ambulocetus
Basilosaurus
Ornithosuchus
Saurosuchus
Giant Moa
Updated Megalosaurus

Wild Safari:

Cotylorhynchus
Sphenacodon
Placerias
Eryops
Coelophysis
Montealtosuchus
Updated Spinosaurus
Baryonyx
Eryops

Papo:

Any prehistoric crocodilian (though unlikely they'd do another so soon after Kaprosuchus, I suppose)
Plateosaurus
Iguanodon
Therizinosaurus (only if fully feathered)

MLMjp

Quote from: CarnegieCollector on July 21, 2016, 04:45:52 AM
Deluxe amphicoelias. Yes. Yes. a 1:40 scale amphicoelias. That would be enormous. And that's a good thing

You are asking for imposible my friend, no toy company will produce such a huge thing, unless you mean the smaller species:

sauroid

i hope WS would re-issue their wooly rhino.

Schleich:
Smilodon remake
wooly rhino
Pteranodon (any species)
any Ornithomimid
i dont want this brand to make sharp toothed animals because they will just screw up the shape of the teeth and make them appear like they're wearing bad dentures. 

Battat:
all the unreleased figures that are long overdue

Favorite:
more obscure species

Mojo Fun:
i've lost hope for them re: prehistoric animals

Papo:
Quetzalcoatlus
updated Spinosaurus
Estemmenosuchus
Giganotosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus
Camarasaurus
Plateosaurus
Protoceratops

Wild Safari and CollectA:
any species
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

Amphicoelias sadly doesn't have a bone to stand on. All we have to go on are field notes and drawings from the 1870s, and many paleontologists now suspect that Cope overestimated the size. It wouldn't be the first time he made a sloppy error.

There's lots of better known colossal sauropods that I would buy in a heartbeat at 1:40 scale: Alamosaurus, Puertasaurus, Mamenchisaurus sinocanadorum, Dreadnoughtus, Argentinosaurus, or the unnamed titanosaur at the AMNH. An Alamosaurus from CollectA that came up past my knee would make for the ultimate display piece. I'd pay $100 or around there for such a toy. And I'm sure lots of other hardcore fans would as well. But CollectA and Safari and Papo and other companies also need to consider what will market well towards kids and parents. And they need to consider what stores would be willing to sell such a massive toy on their shelves.

All that said, if an Amphicoelias toy ever does get released, of course I would buy it. :)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

MLMjp

Unlike the vast majority of you, I don't care who makes the figures as long as they do it and it is in the 1:40/1:30 scale range.

However I will like two companies to do something.

-Papo: Please release a Giganotosaurus along with the already confirmed Iguanodon and Acrocanthosaurus, please.
-Battat: Release the remaining figures. There has been some time since we have heard new from the Terra line.

Having said that, I would like to see the following dinos in a 1:40/1:30 scale range made by any company:

Theropods:
-Baryonyx
-Suchomimus
-Tarbosaurus
-Gallimimus(With feathers please)
-Concavenator
Sauropodomorphs: Any
Marginocephalians:
-Centrosaurus
-Chasmosaurus
-Anchiceratops
-Any other smaller member of the family
Thyreopods
-Toujiangosaurus
-Whuerosaurus
-Pinacosaurus
Ornithopods:
-Edmontosaurus annectens
-Shantungosaurus
-Saurolophus
-Tenonotosaurus
Marine reptiles:
-Opthalmosaurus
-Platecarpus
Other creatures:
-Xiphactinus
-Sarcosuchus

Jose S.M.

From Wild Safari I wish ceratopsians and ornithopods. Maybe some pre-mesozoic animals and ankylosaurs would be nice too. I also wish they make more "exotic" theropods in the future.

From Collecta,  more feathered dinosaurs and an ornithopod (I think this year they didn't released  any ornithopod?),  also a sauropodo.

A nice Giganotosaurus from Collecta or Papo.

But what I want the most lately is more Hadrosaurs in general from the more mainstream companies. 

Postosuchus84

I'd love for a decent and as accurate as possible Megalosaurus replica either from Safari or an updated one for CollectA in Deluxe/1:40 scale.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Joe289 on July 21, 2016, 01:29:18 PM
From Wild Safari I wish ceratopsians and ornithopods. Maybe some pre-mesozoic animals and ankylosaurs would be nice too. I also wish they make more "exotic" theropods in the future.

Just wondering what you mean by "more exotic theropods"?

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Doug Watson on July 21, 2016, 04:19:48 PM

Well I mean something like this year Masiakasaurus,  species outside the giant well known for the general public theropods like the classic Tyrannosaurus and Allosaurus,  or the recently popular Carcharodontosaurus,  Acrocanthosaurus (that doesn't mean that I dislike those,  in fact I haven't find a Acrocanthosaurus that I like more than the W. S one) . I was thinking groups  like abelisaurs or species inside the popular groups but that are under represented.  I hope I explained myself hehe.

Megalosaurus

Hello.
There are very interesting choices in your hopes & dreams.
These are mine:

1:40
Stemmemnosuchus
Armadillosuchus
Ophiacodon (with posable jaw & amphibian accesory)
Globidens (with posable jaw & crused ammonite accesory)
Edaphosaurus

Not to scale:
Trilobite species toob
Pterosaur species toob
Cretaceous mammals toob

I don't really care who produces them as long as they are detailed sculpts, accurate and fleshy (I hate shrinkwrapping).

-Sorry for spelling errors-
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Shonisaurus

Sincerely to me more like prehistoric mammals and animals Paleozoic and one thing I ask Safari:

Please do not do theropods with articulated jaws.

For me lose a lot of credibility as paleontological figures and that would become a toy.

I do not agree that prehistoric animals are conducted with jaws or members of the articulated body.

MLMjp

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 21, 2016, 06:32:32 PM
Sincerely to me more like prehistoric mammals and animals Paleozoic and one thing I ask Safari:

Please do not do theropods with articulated jaws.

For me lose a lot of credibility as paleontological figures and that would become a toy.

I do not agree that prehistoric animals are conducted with jaws or members of the articulated body.

Technically Safari's dinosaurs are TOYS, in fact almost every company makes dinosaurs TOYS. The figures are aimed to both collectors AND children. Yes they can also stand as paleontological figures since they can represent the animal in the most accurate way posible, but still they are TOYS.

Also about the articulated jaw, I do not think you have to worry about that since Safari has never used that feature. However I must point that giving an articulated jaw to a figure does not make it instantly into a toy.
Just look at Rebor, their figures have articulated jaws. They made PVC figures but they are not "Toys" because they are expensive and aimed to collectors.
An articulated jaws is also not just a toy feature, it also has a collector value. It allows the collector to chose how to display his/her figure, with it's mouth closed or open.

Now if you don't like articulated jaws in your figures then that's fine.

tanystropheus

Quote from: MLMjp on July 21, 2016, 09:56:31 AM
Quote from: CarnegieCollector on July 21, 2016, 04:45:52 AM

You are asking for imposible my friend, no toy company will produce such a huge thing, unless you mean the smaller species:

I think a junior Amphicoelias can be made. It will be a little bit bigger than the largest PNSO sauropod. I can picture CollectA making an Amphicoelias at roughly the same size as their Argentinosaurus because they don't believe in deluxe saropods. A lot of historic dinosaur lines had at least one mega sized legacy sauropod to finish off the line. Definitely Dinosaurs had "Ultrasaur" and Tyco had a lets-just-pretend-Apatosaurus-is-bigger-than-Diplodocus "Brontosaurus".

Doug Watson

Quote from: Joe289 on July 21, 2016, 04:38:57 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on July 21, 2016, 04:19:48 PM

Well I mean something like this year Masiakasaurus,  species outside the giant well known for the general public theropods like the classic Tyrannosaurus and Allosaurus,  or the recently popular Carcharodontosaurus,  Acrocanthosaurus (that doesn't mean that I dislike those,  in fact I haven't find a Acrocanthosaurus that I like more than the W. S one) . I was thinking groups  like abelisaurs or species inside the popular groups but that are under represented.  I hope I explained myself hehe.

Okay, I was a little confused since we recently did do the Masiakasaurus, Monolophosaurus, Yutyrannus, Suchomimus and to a lesser extent Ceratosaurus so I thought we were stepping outside the norm. One thing I can let you know if the majority of the cranium and to some extent post cranial material isn't known I tend not to recommend them. The recent revelations on Deinocheirus show why I am not for too much speculation based on little evidence.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: