You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Removing dinos from stores' display...

Started by joossa, July 31, 2013, 06:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

I have a gift shop near my house that has a ton of figures and memorabilia all over the place.They have thematic bungalows. One filled with dolls, one with board games, one with retro toys, and one with dinosaurs. They selection isn't huge and it very messy.

I go there regularly and the first time I went, I noticed they had a Safari "mountain" display with attached dino figures similar to this:
http://www.cryptomundo.com/wp-content/uploads/carnegie-mountain.jpg
The display had the Wild Safari Stegosaurus. I looked in the messy area below for a long while sorting the the mix of figures, but there was no Stegosaurus like that one. All the figures on the display had price tags on them. I figured, "What the heck? They're all for sale, right" I grabbed the Steggo and pulled it off the display and it came off cleanly. I took it to the register and purchased it.

Was this wrong to do considering there weren't any more of that figure available in the store? Have any of you considered doing this or have done this?
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

If they sold it to you I wouldn't think there was an issue. It must have been on there very well in the first place.  The dinos on my Carnegie Mountain are glued on so well I would tear their feet off trying to remove them.  I wouldn't worry about it.

SBell

It probably depends on the store--the one I worked at had un-fixed mountains, and people purchased off of them all the time (usually by knocking the rest down...).

But we also received a couple displays from Safari that had figures glued on--if that is the case, those figures are not coming off, without wrecking the figure or the stand.

Takama

When my Local Toyshop sold the Carnegie Collection (long time ago) They had all there figures on Display on the Mountain, and people were free to take one (or maney) off of it to purchase.  I understand that some mountains are sold to stores with Figures glued on though, and i have seen one of them myself. It all depends on the store. Some will have them Glued, some will have them unglued and for sale.

SBell

Quote from: Takama on August 01, 2013, 03:41:27 AM
When my Local Toyshop sold the Carnegie Collection (long time ago) They had all there figures on Display on the Mountain, and people were free to take one (or maney) off of it to purchase.  I understand that some mountains are sold to stores with Figures glued on though, and i have seen one of them myself. It all depends on the store. Some will have them Glued, some will have them unglued and for sale.

You can get them pre-fab with figures from Safari, and based on ones I had, those are not meant to be taken off! You can also just buy the displays, and then do what you will with them.

Pachyallosaurus

I actually bought a store display and really wanted the figures off the display, so I removed them. While some of them look in good condition, others not so much. Hopefully that's ok, because they can be replaced if need be. :-\  Currently, I use it to display my own figures as well.

PumperKrickel

deleted

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.