News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Obscurus figure line (by forum member brandem) new for 2019

Started by brandem, September 01, 2014, 06:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandem

Quote from: Takama on September 15, 2018, 12:20:50 AM
Welcome Back to the Forum Brandem

That model looks Fantastic.     :) Nice Fluid motion

Thanks, it's been in my head for 5 years now so I've had pleanty of time to think about the pose.

I thought maybe it was too much for the animal, that's why I reached out to griffin(he's one of the few people to have worked with the fossils) and he ok'd the energetic pose.

SBell

I am looking forward to having the few I can soon.

Assuming they make it on time, I am planning to bring some with me to London for TetZooCon to sell. Save a few people the transatlantic shipping!

ceratopsian

Quote from: SBell on September 15, 2018, 07:01:13 AM

Assuming they make it on time, I am planning to bring some with me to London for TetZooCon to sell. Save a few people the transatlantic shipping!

If you have them with you I would buy one at Tetzoo.

SBell

Quote from: ceratopsian on September 15, 2018, 12:00:06 PM
Quote from: SBell on September 15, 2018, 07:01:13 AM

If you have them with you I would buy one at Tetzoo.

They are on their way. Fingers crossed, they'll make it to me before I leave!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: brandem on September 14, 2018, 05:39:41 AM
Hey all, I took another long hiatus, this time to welcome my son into the world, but I've returned with a new model.

With help from C.T. Griffin from VA Tech I think I've created my most accurate model yet. to make sure people get their model quickly and im able to work on other models production will be limited to only 50.  Each model has it's number out of 50 on the bottom so hopefully you know you have something unique in your collection.

So have a look at Asilisaurus ($17.99) in 1:20, fauna figures will have a handful so if you live in Canada check them out for cheaper shipping,  for anyone state side hold on a but longer and they'll be ready soon.

what do you think of the paint? would you prefer seeing something simpler?

Hey, nice to see you back sculpting!
I love this figure, and the colors are perfect! Can't wait to see what you have been up to next ^-^

brandem

ceratopsian

I liaised with avatar_SBell @SBell yesterday at the TetZooCon in London and picked mine up.  It's a beautiful little model.  Really dynamic and eyecatching.  Of course, it's the only silesaurid in my collection, which is great!

SBell

Quote from: ceratopsian on October 07, 2018, 08:12:19 AM
I liaised with avatar_SBell @SBell yesterday at the TetZooCon in London and picked mine up.  It's a beautiful little model.  Really dynamic and eyecatching.  Of course, it's the only silesaurid in my collection, which is great!

You should have mentioned you were on the forum avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian I always like to meet folks I've only seen online!

And glad you like it!

ceratopsian

avatar_SBell @SBell, my fault. We had been in contact both in this thread as well as Facebook, so potentially confusing!

SBell

Quote from: ceratopsian on October 07, 2018, 09:19:47 AM
avatar_SBell @SBell, my fault. We had been in contact both in this thread as well as Facebook, so potentially confusing!

That's what I thought!

brandem

For your perusal, my sculpt of protosphyraena in 1:20. The paint is still subject to changes and the final product will have a very wet looking finish, but the sculpt and mold are all finished.

Right now I have no set price for this guy and production won't be numerically limited but it will still be rare, made in only small batches.

Halichoeres

This is definitely a species I've wanted to see for a while. I've got one on reserve from Fauna Figures.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

brandem

Im glad you've been wanting one, at least I'm not the only one

Here is another pass at the paint, same colors but a more familiar pattern

Bokisaurus

Quote from: brandem on February 01, 2019, 02:59:25 PM
Im glad you've been wanting one, at least I'm not the only one

Here is another pass at the paint, same colors but a more familiar pattern

How interesting that you sculpted this species! Haha, I actually sculpted one as well back in September but have not had a chance to post pictures of it yet. Very interesting species.
Good job on this one, I like it.

brandem

Thanks, I did p. nitida the smaller of the species because it fit in within the size range of what I was going for. How about yourself?

Bokisaurus

Quote from: brandem on February 04, 2019, 02:59:58 PM
Thanks, I did p. nitida the smaller of the species because it fit in within the size range of what I was going for. How about yourself?

I did the same species like yours :D I just finished painting mine, I went with the mackerel color scheme ^-^ It's a much bigger size than yours since I don't really work with certain scale mainly due to the fact that I can't stick to it and I'm still learning, so bigger size is more easy for me :D
I'm hoping to post it soon in my sculpting thread :)

SBell

I'm looking forward to having these in store! Soon I hope!?

gfxtwin

These are super charming/cute so far. I especially dig the mystriosuchus and raptor. Looking forward to seeing more!  ^___^

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.