News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Obscurus figure line (by forum member brandem) new for 2019

Started by brandem, September 01, 2014, 06:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandem

Asilisaurus 1:20 ($18) 50 produced

Protosphyraena 1:20 (tbd) small batch production

A.Garcia

That Poposaurus has a lovely paint scheme and a great expression!

Roselaar

Very fine work! :) I have half a mind to buy these, but I need to save money for all the expensive stuff that comes out next year.

DinoToyForum

Quoteand mods if there is anything uncouth about me putting this under toy lines feel free to have it removed

Not at all uncouth, most welcome, in fact! :)

DinoToyForum

Cool. Did you create moulds to mass produce these or do you sculpt each one from scratch?

brandem

Quote from: A.Garcia on September 01, 2014, 06:53:33 PM
That Poposaurus has a lovely paint scheme and a great expression!
Thank you, the idea for the paint pattern is thanks in no small part to forum member paleogene pals

Quote from: Roselaar on September 01, 2014, 07:44:51 PM
Very fine work! :) I have half a mind to buy these, but I need to save money for all the expensive stuff that comes out next year.
Thank you too, I hope you manage to save and extra 10-15 dollars to pick out your favorite of mine.

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 01, 2014, 09:42:31 PM
Not at all uncouth, most welcome, in fact! :)
Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 01, 2014, 09:44:05 PM
Cool. Did you create moulds to mass produce these or do you sculpt each one from scratch?
Glad to here it's ok to be on this part of the site, and each of these are made from a mold that I've cast of the original, so the figure someone receives will be just like pictured above, but perhaps with an improved paint job, but I also don't mind modifying the original if someone has a special request paleogene pals archaeornithomimus sports a crest and tail feathers as well as a magpie paint job.

Paleogene Pals

I have the Poposaurus and Archaeornithomimus. But, the Sinosaurus is a piece I highly recommend getting. While everything from him that I have is good, I like the highly-detailed resin kit of Sinosaurus. It is among the favorites in my collection. The skin texture and the way it folds and sags simulates reptilian skin very realistically. But, I really like the scales on the underbelly and undersides of the neck and tail. I would like him to produce more detailed resin kits of obscure species. I have him commissioned to do a Dilophosaurus, but there is so much more!

And, he charges really reasonable prices. 

Paleogene Pals

And, I might add. With the prices of many of the larger resin kits these days. It is nice to encourage the production of high-quality but smaller and less expensive resin kits as well. Not that I would actually stop buying the more expensive kits, but my wallets need a rest now and then.  ;D

brandem

Thank you paleogene!

Yes don't all of your wallets deserve a break? A break that involves supporting an independent figure line ;)

Takama

Here is my models from Brandem

I recently Commissioned the artist to make a Dinosaur that everyone knows has had some controversy lately

tyrantqueen

QuoteI recently Commissioned the artist to make a Dinosaur that everyone knows has had some controversy lately
Spinosaurus?

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 25, 2014, 10:00:43 PM
QuoteI recently Commissioned the artist to make a Dinosaur that everyone knows has had some controversy lately
Spinosaurus?

Nailed it

brandem

And it's coming along pretty well, I look forward to having some shots of it up sometime in the future

Paleogene Pals

I will need to talk to you at some point about your Niobara collection. I do outreach on the paleontology of South Dakota, and the Niobara is not far from where I live. Be cool to show the kids the kinds of animals that is found in the geology of their backyard.

brandem

Yes I finally found some good references for styxosaurus they should be coming down the line in a couple months or so.

Paleogene Pals

Takama

Prototype of the Spino

I originally requested the legs to be based on Scott Hartman's, and Mark Wittons reworking of the legs. But after this article http://markwitton-com.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-spinosaurus-hindlimb-controversy.html  was published, I had him revert them to the original proportions, which you will see in the final product

SBell

I don't know if it was said earlier--what is the scale of the Spinosaurus?

Takama

brandem

Yes this is the 1:100 sereno spinosaurus, because whether it remains accurate scientifically, it will forever be a part of paleontological  history.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: