News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The “Which To Choose” Thread

Started by Concavenator, July 08, 2019, 12:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Hey everyone,

this thread is aimed at slow collectors (like me), or people that, for whatever reason, needs to choose which models they will be getting next, as they can't buy evey figure they want in a single row, so they need to prioritize.

So this thread consists in: a person says the models he is thinking about getting, and says that, out of those, he/she can only buy X out of the total of the figures he/she wants (next time he/she buys figures).
The next person will choose the X figures as would be chosen by who replies, arguing why did he choose them (or why the rest was not chosen).

I will be starting first:

I like the following figures: PNSO Ankylosaurus, CollectA Edaphosaurus, Safari Pteranodon, CollectA Baryonyx, PNSO Spinops and PNSO Eurhinosaurus.

If you could only choose to get one of the mentioned,which one would be your choice,and why?

Shonisaurus

The choice is very difficult because they are all very good figures, but I would choose the pteranodon of Safari 2019 because it is the best pteranodon made by any brand to date and sincerely his painting is great, and it is quite affordable for anyone. However the other figures are also very good and for me that choice has been very difficult because all the figures mentioned have a level of quality as bright as the pteranodon, but in my case I have opted for the reasons mentioned by this great pterosaur.

Cretaceous Crab

I don't know where you live, but if it is in the Western Hemisphere, I may consider getting one of the CollectA figures, as they may not always be available. If you have reasonably good access to them though, it may not be an issue.

That said, I would go for the CollectA Edaphosaurus, as there are very few figures of that genus anywhere.

Shonisaurus

From my point of view as far as texture I can see, Safari's pteranodon is the softest, Collecta's prehistoric animal figures, its texture is good but it is a dry and sometimes gummy texture and PNSO's prehistoric animal figures, especially of the standard brand are beautifully modeled figures but their texture is very rubbery and excessively flexible. That does not happen with your vinyl figures or Museum scale 1:35. It is an appreciation of mine but for me the one that has the best texture is the Safari pteranodon, on the other hand among the miniature prehistoric animals mentioned is the figure that is in this case better painted, his painting is very elegant, that does not mean that the painted figures of Collecta and PNSO are positively remarkable as the pteranodon.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.