You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

POLL: Favourite 'New' Companies/Lines?

Started by Ravonium, June 10, 2019, 05:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is you favourite out of the 'new companies/lines'? (started out/gained prominence from late 2014 onwards)

Beasts of the Mesozoic (BotM)
11 (21.6%)
Damtoys
0 (0%)
Dinostar
1 (2%)
Eofauna
18 (35.3%)
I-Toy
0 (0%)
PNSO
34 (66.7%)
REBOR
3 (5.9%)
Vitae
4 (7.8%)
Southlands Replicas
4 (7.8%)
Nanmu Studio
3 (5.9%)
W-Dragon/Wan Long Tang
0 (0%)
Recur
1 (2%)
[deleted]
0 (0%)
Paleozoo
1 (2%)
Paleo-Creatures
5 (9.8%)
Protocasts
3 (5.9%)
Sonokong
0 (0%)
Diramix
0 (0%)
PREY Collection
0 (0%)
Trilobiti Design
0 (0%)
Other (please specify)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Bokisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on June 19, 2019, 06:41:50 PM
PNSO is winning by a landslide. Rightly so.
Voted and I agree, they are definitely one of the most exciting company to come out ^-^

Faelrin

I ended up going with Beasts of the Mesozoic because of my love for highly articulated action figures being combined with dinosaurs which was seldom done before, but I think PNSO has deserved its spot for the sheer number of genus made (some obscure like Anchiornis, Tianyulong, etc), and the high quality of them. I haven't been able to get any yet though sadly (really do want the two I mentioned plus many of their other smaller cheaper ones). Eofauna seems promising, but only three (?) species so far. Yet again don't have any of those either. I do think Rebor has done some good stuff as well (their Acrocanthosaurus), and it is sad their release schedule seems so haphazard compared with other companies (I forgot did they ever explain why?).

Edit: Forgot to mention Southlands as well. They have some really nice obscure (well for me anyways) choices for some prehistoric figures, and plenty of well done extant Australian animal figures.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Brocc21

I might have voted for eofauna. But they're just so slow! I get it takes time to make a high quality figure but one a year? At least get another sculpted.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

stargatedalek

I also voted PNSO, though I wonder if they would still be on top if we had multiple votes? They seem to be near everyone's (sometimes reluctant) choice for first, but how would they hold up against second?

Flaffy

imo giving members 3 votes would be preferable.

John

Quote from: stargatedalek on June 19, 2019, 09:25:13 PM
I also voted PNSO, though I wonder if they would still be on top if we had multiple votes? They seem to be near everyone's (sometimes reluctant) choice for first, but how would they hold up against second?
In my case,yes PNSO would still be number one.Both PNSO and Eofauna together in my opinion are the best of any company out there right now,but what puts PNSO over the top for me is the fact that more of my favorite species' actually turn up in that line (like Ceratosaurus),and come out well.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

May I ask what [deleted] is?

I have sadly gone with the trend it seems, at least partly because of figures I will have to wait before they arrive here. I was tempted by Eofauna but because they only have a few offerings right now it felt disingenuous of me.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Ravonium

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on June 19, 2019, 10:23:32 PM

Australian Age of Dinosaurs. I ended up removing it on the grounds that they only released one figure before they went bust, meaning it would be an unfair comparison.

stegosauria

Quote from: Ravonium on June 19, 2019, 10:56:03 PM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on June 19, 2019, 10:23:32 PM

Australian Age of Dinosaurs. I ended up removing it on the grounds that they only released one figure before they went bust, meaning it would be an unfair comparison.

They went bust? They went bankrupt or something or do you refer to they just didn't make any more figure after the Australovenator?

Ravonium

Quote from: stegosauria on June 21, 2019, 01:41:53 PM
They went bust? They went bankrupt or something or do you refer to they just didn't make any more figure after the Australovenator?

Ah, I just meant they didn't make any more figures after the Australovenator. The actual museum is still around.

Ravonium

Quote from: Flaffy on June 19, 2019, 09:51:45 PM
imo giving members 3 votes would be preferable.

I would do that, but there's no apparent way in the settings for me to change that. I'll see if reporting the poll to the mods works, although this will likely mean everyone has to vote again.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Southlands for me. Extinct animals aren't the most prominent in its lineup but as someone who collects both modern and prehistoric it's my favorite out of them. Also the only one (besides maybe BOTM) that I'm interested in buying in general.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Halichoeres

Southlands is definitely a worthy contender, but so far they haven't made anything that fits into my personal collection. Now, if they were to do some of the species that Paleozoo makes...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stegosauria

Quote from: Ravonium on June 21, 2019, 04:07:19 PM

Ah, I just meant they didn't make any more figures after the Australovenator. The actual museum is still around.

Thanks! I'm glad I don't have to hunt that down now too.

Probably isn't easy to make profit when the museum is in the middle of the Australian outback. I know the fossil site is there but they could have a smaller exhibition in the closest city or something. Plus they could distribute their figure a little better.

Halichoeres

Quote from: stegosauria on July 05, 2019, 01:28:13 PM
Quote from: Ravonium on June 21, 2019, 04:07:19 PM

Thanks! I'm glad I don't have to hunt that down now too.

Probably isn't easy to make profit when the museum is in the middle of the Australian outback. I know the fossil site is there but they could have a smaller exhibition in the closest city or something. Plus they could distribute their figure a little better.

There are lots of small museums near fossil sites in the western US, too, but despite being from that part of the country, I have hardly been to any of them. By contrast, I have been to museums in Washington, Philadelphia, New York, and Chicago multiple times. I agree that a museum in the outback is less than ideal, and of course that part of Queensland is even more sparsely populated than the western US.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

As requested by the OP, voters can now select as many options as they wish. Voters can also recast their votes.  C:-)

Ravonium

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 25, 2019, 08:53:06 PM
As requested by the OP, voters can now select as many options as they wish. Voters can also recast their votes.  C:-)

Thanks avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum  :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.