News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

To tag, or not to tag?

Started by Loon, January 12, 2020, 08:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

I've been working on reorganizing my collection and I've been wondering what I should do with all my figures tags. I currently tend to keep the tags on figures that come with, I don't know why, I just do; but, it doesn't necessarily make for the cleanest looking display.

So, I want to know, what do you all do with your tags? Do you cut them, remove them and save them, or what?

Ikessauro

I remove all tags and boxes from my figures. The tags are small enough, so I can store them all in a plastic container and not worry about it. They all take very little space. The boxes sometimes I throw away, when they are not particularly appealing. For instance, the Mattel Jurassic World toys, I dispose of all boxes, since they are not really space friendly, not very interesting and all of them look the same. As for the more refined boxes, like Rebor, PNSO, I keep most of them.

Concavenator

In my collection, I don't display my figures with tags, but I like saving them. I keep the tags in a drawer. However, I have the cards that come with the Eofauna figures on display next to their respective models.

Shonisaurus

The labels together with the comparative figures of Collecta or the Humbold Museum have them stored in drawers, I have come to cut information from the boxes of Battat dinosaurs and other brands. I keep the boxes of Carnegie's China dinosaurs and have them labeled, sorted by brands and sorted alphabetically.

I have a lot of figures from the Humbold Museum and Collecta as many as Deluxe series figures made the Collecta brand and the same can be said of other brands, Safari, Bullyland, Papo, Vitae, PNSO but I usually remove the remains of packaging except sometimes the packaging that protects the dinosaurs from deformations of the feet, for example the Nanmu carnotaurus, the Vitae giganotosaurus, the plastics in which the pentaceratops and gorgosaurus are held, the Collecta rajasaurus for giving several examples. In that I am very conservative.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I remove tags from almost everything, and have two boxes from older Safari figures filled with them.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

CityRaptor

I always remove tags. Some smaller figures have some serious issues standing with them still attached and it makes for a better display. I keep tags, cards and other sources of info in small boxes.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dinoguy2

I keep most of my tags on for display if I have them, though a lot of my figures are old it bought second hand and don't have tags, or the tags are unattached. I do usually take off that outer child warning tag that covers up the main tag though.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Roselaar

I untag my figures, but keep the tags in a box in the attic. I hate to throw stuff away.

Silvanusaurus

Rip them off immediately. Straight in the bin. Sometimes burn them. Sometimes destroy the very atoms from which they are composed. No looking back.  >:D

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Loon on January 12, 2020, 08:57:23 PM
I've been working on reorganizing my collection and I've been wondering what I should do with all my figures tags. I currently tend to keep the tags on figures that come with, I don't know why, I just do; but, it doesn't necessarily make for the cleanest looking display.

So, I want to know, what do you all do with your tags? Do you cut them, remove them and save them, or what?

I tend to display them with them but recently I've just safely removed the tags and saved them in a little treasure box.

Libraraptor

I store the tags  in a basket. I throw the annoying little Schleich tags away.

ceratopsian

I keep a set of files with information sheets on all my acquisitions.  (Though sometimes I fall behind.)  I keep tags on the model until I make a sheet (and entry for it on my Excel sheet).  Then I know I still need to do a sheet etc.  Once the documentation is done, the tag is removed and slipped into the folder with the sheet.  Cards: sometimes in with the sheet, sometimes displayed with the model.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 14, 2020, 04:54:38 AM

You mean the Schleich Fähnchen as they are called? Yep, those are annoying. I also get rid of these.
When I got the Dimetrodon ( as a gift ), it had three or four different tags attached. Only kept the one important one.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

I have a small box where I keep tags but I always remove them. I really should organize them. I'm confident the box contains tags to figures I no longer own.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 14, 2020, 09:10:57 AM
Quote from: Libraraptor on January 14, 2020, 04:54:38 AM

You mean the Schleich Fähnchen as they are called? Yep, those are annoying. I also get rid of these.

Yes, exactly.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.