News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Collecta 2022 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews), October 19, 2021, 05:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on November 03, 2021, 01:51:31 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 02, 2021, 05:02:50 AM

That would be awesome if they started this week 😃

I'm hoping to see a ceratopsian, a sauropod, and please, we need an Ouranosaurus😃

Is it too much to ask for a Sivatherium or Bramatherium?🥰

Yes to all of these!

Seconded on all counts. I'd be overjoyed if all of these made the list.
Check out my customs thread!

Dinoxels

Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

suspsy

Quote from: Dinoxels on November 04, 2021, 04:16:03 PM
Reveals tonight, right?

Again, I've heard conflicting rumours, so don't be disappointed if it's not tonight. The reveals are definitively supposed to commence sometime this month, though.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gothmog the Baryonyx

2am says Everything Dinosaur on facebook
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on October 19, 2021, 05:54:10 PM
Mini Pterosaurs "Toob"
- Rhamphorhynchus
- Dimorphodon
- Nyctosaurus
- Pterodaustro
- Thalassodromeus
- Darwinopterus
- Anurognathus (or any relative)
- they can reuse their mini Guidraco if they want to
- I'm sure some version of Pteranodon and a giant azhdarchid will be in there

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews), I'm very keen on CollectA releasing a mini pterosaur set.  I have some thoughts I'd like to share on this.

1. Firstly, I noticed that their mini dinosaur sets have 10 figures but their other prehistoric mini sets have 12 figures.  If CollectA does a mini pterosaur set I hope they would include twelve figures, but 10 would be great too.

2. The only mini CollectA has re-used so far is the Pliosaurus, which makes me wonder if they did that since they are retiring the prehistoric marine mini set (I don't know if this is actually happening) and they feel the Pliosaurus is popular enough to keep in production.  If so, I imagine they wouldn't reuse their Guidraco for a mini pterosaur set unless they were planning on retiring the mini set it's currently in.  I think there's no need for them to reuse the Guidraco since it can be obtained already from the mini set it's currently in.

3. If CollectA wants to include a Pteranodon, I wouldn't want their current naked mini Pteranodon.  I also wouldn't want a mini of either of their shrink-wrapped azhdarchids.  Similar to the situation with their Guidraco, there's no need for CollectA to re-use any of their current mini pterosaurs for a mini pterosaur set.  If they did re-use any it wouldn't be nice to those who are already purchasing other CollectA mini sets and who then end up with doubles of certain figures.

4. I would love a mini Rhamphorhynchus from CollectA.  A mini version of their Dimorphodon would also be great.  If they make a mini of their Caiuajara I'd prefer it with its mouth closed as it looks bad with its tongue sticking up.  If CollectA makes a mini of their Caviramus I would like it if they made its tail crest vertical - there's nothing to support it being horizontal.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Sim on November 09, 2021, 08:56:39 PM
4. I would love a mini Rhamphorhynchus from CollectA.  A mini version of their Dimorphodon would also be great.  If they make a mini of their Caiuajara I'd prefer it with its mouth closed as it looks bad with its tongue sticking up.  If CollectA makes a mini of their Caviramus I would like it if they made its tail crest vertical - there's nothing to support it being horizontal.

I totally forgot about the large Caiuajara and Caviramus models! In that case, they would definitely need representation in a mini pterosaur set as well.

Faelrin

I would love a mini pterosaur tube from them. They have some great pterosaur sculpts but most are just too large for my limited displays.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.