News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Lanthanotus' Collection of Prehistoric Life

Started by Lanthanotus, March 21, 2017, 05:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

Very nice. You clearly have a developed sense for aesthetic.
Some people just throw all figures into the shelf in a large pile - what misses the whole point.
As for myself - I have a mixed filling about background pics - They sure do add to the view -
on The other hand - they tend to blur the outlines of the displayed figures - so usually I go without any background.

Libraraptor

These are beautiful and stunning works of art. Not only as diorama background. Those painting stand for themselves. Great work! Congratulations to the artist and to you as the customer.

SidB

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on November 02, 2021, 09:06:53 AM
Very nice. You clearly have a developed sense for aesthetic.
Some people just throw all figures into the shelf in a large pile - what misses the whole point.
As for myself - I have a mixed filling about background pics - They sure do add to the view -
on The other hand - they tend to blur the outlines of the displayed figures - so usually I go without any background.
I've noticed this too, so whenever I use backgrounds with any degree of complexity, I place the display so as to see it relatively close up with adequate lighting to allow the figures to be appreciated in context.

ceratopsian

What beautiful artwork by irimali - you will have years of pleasure from contemplating these forests.  Glad they made it through Customs eventually!

Shonisaurus

My congratulations, those painting commissions are great. Those diorama backgrounds that you have sincerely commissioned enrich the photograph, they fit very well Rebor's tyrannosaurus retror and PNSO's stegosaurus. By the way, customs at a global level are often abusive, they should not financially penalize one for requesting figures from other nations, let alone hold packages for so long, I have experience in that.

Halichoeres

That's very nice work. I've thought of making something similar as a backdrop for my own figures, but I couldn't hope to match irimali's skill (not to mention expertise on plants!).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lanthanotus

Thank you all for your kind comments.

I hope I can get to work with the desk rather sooner than later, and I`ll sure post pics once it is done and a "final" array of figures set up :)

Bread

Wow, really like that customization on the Tarbosaurus. I am neither for or against lips, but I can't deny that some figures improve once lips are added. Amazing work.

Also love the new background painting you have acquired. Looks beautiful and goes well with figures as you showed.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Wow, that Backdrop is stunning. Really beautiful work from avatar_irimali @irimali. And congratulations on that wonderful piece of Art.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Lanthanotus on November 01, 2021, 05:33:58 PM
I am very proud to present my latest acquisition...

Wow, that is incredible! What a lovely background for your displays.