News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Leyster's Collection (updated 13/09/24)

Started by Leyster, February 27, 2021, 02:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyster

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres they had a nice Triassic offering, but some (like Mastodontosaurus) were better looking than others.

Another immature Tyrannosaurus, but this is an older specimen, extimated around 8-9 meters long.

Binomial name: Tyrannosaurus rex Osborn 1905
Classification: Dinosauria->Theropoda->Neotheropoda->Averostra->Tetanurae->Coelurosauria->Tyrannoraptora->Tyrannosauroidea->Tyrannosauridae->Tyrannosaurinae
Time: Maastrichtian (late Cretaceous)
Formation: Hell Creek Formation, Lance Formation, Frenchman Formation (present day USA and Canada)
Manifacturer and date of release: Qualia, 2023
Sculptor: ?
Scale: 1:65 for LACM 23845
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Leyster

Special post, it was about time to tick off a grail from my list:

Binomial name: Mammuthus primigenius (Blumenbach, 1799)
Classification: Placentalia->Atlantogenata->Afrotheria->Paenungulata->Tethytheria->Proboscidea->Elephantiformes->Elephantimorpha->Elephantidae->Elephantinae
Time: Chibanian-Meghalayan(Late Pleistocene - Late Holocene)
Formation: Almost all Europe, northern Asia, part of northern and eastern North America
Manifacturer and date of release: Carnegie Collection of Safari LTD, 2003
Sculptor: Forest Rogers
Scale: 1:25 for a large specimen of the Siberian population or a smaller one of the European population.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

SidB

It is indeed a classic. L @Leyster , still top-notch, a great exemplar of Forest Rogers' craft. Obviously I still have one, but back in the day had three at one point - two acquired from thrift shops. I offered these two on the DTF a long while back. Finally sold one but no taker for the other, which surprised me no end, I have to tell you.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.