News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mojo Fun: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, January 12, 2023, 03:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: suspsy on June 12, 2023, 02:20:11 AMI really hope Mojo does a prehistoric mammal next year that hasn't already been done by CollectA or Safari. Although Megatherium would be an exception; the Safari version is nicely sculpted but much too small.
I would love more of these fantastic prehistoric models!  And yes an updated Megatherium is overdue.  I love the Safari but it's really showing it's age now.  A new one with crisp detail at the scale they made the wholly mammoth and the wholly rhino would be great and really showcase how massive these animals were.

I would also love it if someone actually make a 1/35 scale smilodon too.  I realize Mojo just made their's in 2021.  I know it would be a small figure but none of the ones I own can pose with the other prehistoric mammal figures I own. 

SidB

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on June 12, 2023, 07:58:32 PM
Quote from: suspsy on June 12, 2023, 02:20:11 AMI really hope Mojo does a prehistoric mammal next year that hasn't already been done by CollectA or Safari. Although Megatherium would be an exception; the Safari version is nicely sculpted but much too small.
I would love more of these fantastic prehistoric models!  And yes an updated Megatherium is overdue.  I love the Safari but it's really showing it's age now.  A new one with crisp detail at the scale they made the wholly mammoth and the wholly rhino would be great and really showcase how massive these animals were.

I would also love it if someone actually make a 1/35 scale smilodon too.  I realize Mojo just made their's in 2021.  I know it would be a small figure but none of the ones I own can pose with the other prehistoric mammal figures I own. 
avatar_Carnotaurus @Carnotaurus , Paleo Sculpture (Mike Eischen) on eBay sells a pair of big Cats, Homotherium and Smilodon at 1/35. Check out my repaint thread if interested.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SidB on June 13, 2023, 12:01:18 AM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on June 12, 2023, 07:58:32 PM

avatar_Carnotaurus @Carnotaurus , Paleo Sculpture (Mike Eischen) on eBay sells a pair of big Cats, Homotherium and Smilodon at 1/35. Check out my repaint thread if interested.
S @SidB
Do you have a link to his page on E-bay?  I found the figures but the name on the page was not either paleo sculpture or mike eischen. 

I looked up your custom thread and you did a Fantastic job on those two!  Both schemes were really beautiful!  I guess I didn't realize what a small animal Smilodon was compared to say a wholly rhino or a megatherium.  I don't care tho, I still want a nice 1/35 scale version to put on the shelf :)

Remko

Halichoeres

avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS the Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 Smilodon is close to 1:35.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 13, 2023, 03:58:20 PMavatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS the Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 Smilodon is close to 1:35.
Thank you for posting this, I'll try to find one.  A few years ago I think my son or my wife gave me these two, they came in a box together "Takara Tomy" brand, never heard of them but these are really nice but have no idea what the scale is, they might be 1/32.  So a really large smilodon and a power forward sized caveman, LOL.

Fembrogon