You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What 5 other prehistoric animals would we like from CollectA?

Started by Sim, June 10, 2023, 08:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What 5 other prehistoric animals would you most like from CollectA?

Aquilolamna
2 (7.7%)
Anatosuchus
0 (0%)
Armadillosuchus
1 (3.8%)
Barinasuchus
2 (7.7%)
Beelzebufo
7 (26.9%)
Bramatherium
1 (3.8%)
Cotylorhynchus
8 (30.8%)
Cryptoclidus
2 (7.7%)
Diplocaulus
3 (11.5%)
Elginia
5 (19.2%)
Eretmorhipis
1 (3.8%)
Eryops
2 (7.7%)
Eurypterus
2 (7.7%)
Eusthenopteron
2 (7.7%)
Fasolasuchus (deluxe)
4 (15.4%)
Globidens
1 (3.8%)
Leedsichthys
6 (23.1%)
Metriorhynchus
0 (0%)
Nothosaurus
7 (26.9%)
Ophiacodon
3 (11.5%)
Omnidens
1 (3.8%)
Plesiosaurus
4 (15.4%)
Prionosuchus
4 (15.4%)
Prolibytherium
0 (0%)
Purussaurus (deluxe)
4 (15.4%)
Rhizodus
2 (7.7%)
Rhomaleosaurus (new)
4 (15.4%)
Scutosaurus
4 (15.4%)
Shonisaurus
5 (19.2%)
Simbakubwa
3 (11.5%)
Simosuchus
8 (30.8%)
Sivatherium
5 (19.2%)
Stomatosuchus
5 (19.2%)
Tiktaalik
13 (50%)
Xenokeryx
1 (3.8%)
Zatrachys
2 (7.7%)
Any phytosaur
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Sim

Well, here's the last poll.  Its options are very diverse, let's see how much we'd like each one!

Pliosaurking

I picked the same I had on my original list. It was quite a difficult choice however as pretty much all are a good choice!

Fembrogon

I'm voting for 3 of my original non-dino nominations, plus Tiktaalik and Simosuchus.
Simosuchus, in particular, feels like it would be a great candidate for both standard and deluxe versions; and it would probably be a good seller following its appearance in Prehistoric Planet.

Concavenator

Unaccountable that there isn't a good Tiktaalik figure around.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Concavenator on June 11, 2023, 12:59:16 AMUnaccountable that there isn't a good Tiktaalik figure around.

Not anymore I guess. I couldn't find it in their store.
https://www.paleozoo.com.au/tiktaalik.php
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

ceratopsian

I never ordered the Paleozoo, beautiful though it was, because I wasn't sure it would survive the journey intact in view of its fragility.

ceratopsian

My choices

Beelzebufo
Cotylorhyncus
Simosuchus
Tiktaalik
Any phytosaur

Concavenator

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono Thank you for the reference. I had already seen that model before, but I'm not familiar with Paleozoo stuff and I fear it's out of my reach. An affordable and widely available version would be appreciated!

Faelrin

I could easily pick ten. Five is not enough for me with the options here, lol.

I did vote in the poll though, and this is what I voted for:
-Beelzebufo: I wanted a figure prior of one, but Prehistoric Planet S2 got me wanting it even more now lol
-Cotylorhynchus: It boggles my mind that there is no figure yet of this hilarious tiny headed huge body synapsid
-Leedsichthys: Wanted a larger one since the mini they did back in 2017
-Prionosuchus: One of my favorite prehistoric temnospondyls still missing figure representation
-Tiktaalik: One of the most important fossil finds, filling in the fossil gap, and still no figure outside of the Paleozoo model

Other five bonus picks:
-Diplocaulus: There's been several quality figures of this made in the past, but it would be nice to have a larger, easily obtainable one.
-Eretmorhipis: Wonderful weird Triassic period animal, and I feel bad for forgetting about this one for a while now.
-Simosuchus: No doubt going to skyrocket in popularity thanks to Prehistoric Planet Season 2, but I wanted a figure of this from someone long before then.
-Sivatherium: Probably of the few mammals I want in my collection that no one has done in plastic toy form.
-Shonisaurus: Their marine reptiles were great this year, and this would be a wonderful addition to them.

Not on this list, but Jaekolopterus would be a nice figure to see from them too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

I voted for the following:
1. Nothosaurus.  I tend to dislike CollectA's prehistoric marine animals as they get covered in wrinkles which doesn't make sense for predatory active swimmers.  Nothosaurus is basal enough that I think it might avoid getting covered in wrinkles, so I voted for it.
2. Stomatosuchus.  This is such a cool animal, but I don't know how anyone would render its tiny teeth.

Perotorum

Surprised nobody has yet mentioned deinosuchus, the only good 1/35 versions I know of are by Rebor, and they are a bit expensive for my taste.

Halichoeres

This set of polls is like the US Senate, where this particular poll is California, and all the others are like Wyoming and North Dakota.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.