News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Mesozoo Dinosaur Brand

Started by Shonisaurus, September 12, 2020, 11:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Definitely prefer the second one overall. It looks like it's moving and not just like someone traced a skeletal, that and the colors are just way better. The first reminds me too much of the 2019 Safari one or the recent PNSO disappointment. If it's a decent size (preferably around 1:35/1:40), this looks like it'll be the Spinosaurus for my collection.

stargatedalek

I love the black and yellow colours, but I still can't get over the legs. Make it bipedal, make it quadrupedal, whatever, but if you're going to make it bipedal don't use oversized leg proportions.

Shonisaurus

I'd better like the upright spinosaurus version for a change. All recent scientific representations of the spinosaurus figure are based on the spinosaurus on four legs. It would be a version of that very rare two-legged theropod like the one shown in that prototype illustration.

ceratopsian

I wonder if it will have stability issues - there is a lot of front weight in those two images.

postsaurischian

Absolutely wonderful! I hope the final product will look as good as these promo pics.
I also hope it's going to be the first colour scheme with the black stripes - just perfect :) .

Bread

I've been wanting an updated bipedal Spinosaurus for a while now. I love both color schemes, but I will say I prefer the top compared to the bottom (images).

While everyone else is worried about stability, my worry is getting a hold of this figure. It is quite expensive to get a hold of the Allosaurus at the moment, so this Spinosaurus will probably be the same.

MLMjp

If it is 1:40-1:35, I am getting that Spinosaurus.

Sim

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 09, 2021, 09:26:28 PM
I love the black and yellow colours, but I still can't get over the legs. Make it bipedal, make it quadrupedal, whatever, but if you're going to make it bipedal don't use oversized leg proportions.

Going by Spinosaurus B, the legs don't look too big: https://www.skeletaldrawing.com/home/road-to-spinosaurus-iv-not-your-fathers-jp3-osaurus11282020

stargatedalek

Quote from: Sim on February 28, 2021, 06:34:58 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on February 09, 2021, 09:26:28 PM

Going by Spinosaurus B, the legs don't look too big: https://www.skeletaldrawing.com/home/road-to-spinosaurus-iv-not-your-fathers-jp3-osaurus11282020
I don't buy into Hartman's leg proportion proposals and haven't since the beginning. That he started by claiming mathematical errors and then continued after those concerns were addressed makes it feel to me he's trying to make the evidence fit the idea he wants.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Stolpergeist on February 28, 2021, 09:12:33 PM
I kind of hope that there will be two pose variants, one neutral and one more upright, but the question is if both will sell.
Another reason to further promote Mesozoo.

Are there going to be two versions of spinosaurus scientifically updated by Mesozoo? I would be interested in both versions. I understand that there will be only one version, as the representative told me ... but dreaming of two versions, biped and quadruped, would be a great dream especially if those expectations were met.

Concavenator

Anyone remembers Mesozoo? They were planning to release an up to date 2020 Spinosaurus figure. Any news?

I have their Allosaurus and I like it very much.

Faelrin

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I think they were also planning on a Prestosuchus. Hope things are going well for them as it is has been pretty quiet here. Last instagram post was 32 weeks ago apparently.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on September 15, 2020, 02:41:40 PM
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Thanks for all the Info :) I just have to second, what ? @Stolpergeist  said about the Prices. Really impressive and i want to be supportive to small Companys/Artists.

And:

QuoteThere has been so much shady stuff going on with other dinosaur games lately I got extremely distrustful towards this industry.

*takes away Path of Titans* My poor, little Game. It is fine, and there is no Trustissues with this Developer. :D *coughes in: The Isle*
You do realise that game is being led by an Isle developer, right?
A fired Isle developer.
Should say a lot about what the final product will be like imo
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

stargatedalek

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 26, 2021, 12:18:38 PM
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Thanks for all the Info :) I just have to second, what ? @Stolpergeist  said about the Prices. Really impressive and i want to be supportive to small Companys/Artists.

And:

QuoteThere has been so much shady stuff going on with other dinosaur games lately I got extremely distrustful towards this industry.

*takes away Path of Titans* My poor, little Game. It is fine, and there is no Trustissues with this Developer. :D *coughes in: The Isle*
A fired Isle developer.
Fired by the lead dev of the Isle who is the bad egg in question. Actually, he was likely fired for, perhaps even not on purpose, revealing that the Isle lead dev was cheating on his girlfriend.

If anything related to The Isle is a stain on his character it's that he associated with the lead developer of that game for as long as he did, not that he was fired.

The story of the lead Isle dev (Dondi) is a whole saga, all of the dev teams he sabotaged (Primal Carnage), people he fired for no good reason (Deathlyrage Path of Titans dev, among others), money he laundered (literally bought a Lamborghini), pedophiles he gave meaningless positions to...

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 26, 2021, 05:26:43 PM

And:

A fired Isle developer.
Fired by the lead dev of the Isle who is the bad egg in question. Actually, he was likely fired for, perhaps even not on purpose, revealing that the Isle lead dev was cheating on his girlfriend.

If anything related to The Isle is a stain on his character it's that he associated with the lead developer of that game for as long as he did, not that he was fired.

The story of the lead Isle dev (Dondi) is a whole saga, all of the dev teams he sabotaged (Primal Carnage), people he fired for no good reason (Deathlyrage Path of Titans dev, among others), money he laundered (literally bought a Lamborghini), pedophiles he gave meaningless positions to...
Just because Dondi is a bad person doesn't mean Deathly is entirely innocent.
Pretty sure he gutted the devkit on his way out out of spite.

stargatedalek

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 26, 2021, 05:33:22 PM

And:

A fired Isle developer.

That wasn't exactly the claim, Dondi claims he "had to" remake the game because Deathly's code was incompetent, not because he gutted the kit on his way out.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 26, 2021, 06:38:20 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 26, 2021, 05:33:22 PM

And:

A fired Isle developer.

That wasn't exactly the claim, Dondi claims he "had to" remake the game because Deathly's code was incompetent, not because he gutted the kit on his way out.
Devkit as in mod developing kit for the steam workshop

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Concavenator on September 22, 2021, 05:52:37 PMAnyone remembers Mesozoo? They were planning to release an up to date 2020 Spinosaurus figure. Any news?

I have their Allosaurus and I like it very much.
Yeah, it has been over an year since I heard anything. Is anyone insightful?

Lynx

Does anyone know where to get the Mesozoo Allosaurus, if anywhere at all? I haven't been able to find it for years.
An oversized house cat.

Concavenator

avatar_Lynx @Lynx When I got mine (in 2021), I bought it through amazon.es. I've just checked and it seems to be out of stock.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: