You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What Toys Would You Want Repainted?

Started by suspsy, November 22, 2021, 01:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrimevalRaptor

The Schleich Styracosaurus comes to mind instantly, every time I see it I'm like "wow this sculpt is great" but the paint makes it look like a dollar store toy, even a bit of a wash would help it I feel

Jose S.M.

I would like to see Safari's Diplodocus repainted. I don't dislike the original but it's kind of simple with not a lot of blending or details. I've not seen many repaints on the interne. I can only remember one that was just adding a dark wash.

Concavenator

- PNSO Centrosaurus
- CollectA Deluxe Iguanodon

ceratopsian

I own a repaint of the CollectA Iguanodon, done by Jakrid Sangjak.  It came out really well.

Quote from: Concavenator on September 17, 2023, 07:25:34 PM- PNSO Centrosaurus
- CollectA Deluxe Iguanodon

Bread

Quote from: Jose S.M. on September 17, 2023, 06:39:09 PMI would like to see Safari's Diplodocus repainted. I don't dislike the original but it's kind of simple with not a lot of blending or details. I've not seen many repaints on the interne. I can only remember one that was just adding a dark wash.
Here are a few repaints done by Jagsaurus on Instagram:

ceratopsian

Those Jagsaurus repaints are gorgeous.  I wouldn't recognise the figure.

Jose S.M.

Those look great, a little dark but its probably just the background but they do really elevate the sculpt.

Bread

Quote from: ceratopsian on September 17, 2023, 09:49:44 PMThose Jagsaurus repaints are gorgeous.  I wouldn't recognise the figure.
I thought the same when I first found them, luckily he credits the figure's in the post.

Quote from: Jose S.M. on September 17, 2023, 11:49:54 PMThose look great, a little dark but its probably just the background but they do really elevate the sculpt.
He uses a white background now, these are a little dated. However, seems like he mostly does model kits now so I doubt we'll see any figures like this repainted Diplodocus by Safari any time soon.

ceratopsian

Jagsaurus' work really appeals to me.  He might still be open to commissions for repaints, even if most of his work these days is resins.  But there might be a language barrier - I don't know if anyone on the forum has ever commissioned him for anything?

Bread

Quote from: ceratopsian on September 18, 2023, 12:22:53 PMJagsaurus' work really appeals to me.  He might still be open to commissions for repaints, even if most of his work these days is resins.  But there might be a language barrier - I don't know if anyone on the forum has ever commissioned him for anything?
Same.

I've tried to get a few repaints done by him, but unfortunately he's really busy. He opens commissions every now and then, but you have to be quick to get one placed. Otherwise he's swamped with work ASAP.

Same with BVS Artworks, who I do believe is on this forum? I've just recently tried to get work from him too, but he too is very busy.

It's great to see these artist busy! I am glad they are getting the appreciation they deserve but I just wish I could get a repaint by them lol.

Bread

My apologies for double posting, but I wanted to share a separate post dedicated to a huge list of items I'd like to get repainted!

- PNSO Suchomimus
- PNSO Centrosaurus
- PNSO Deinocheirus
- Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus 2x
- Haolonggood Nasutoceratops 2x
- Safari Ltd. Camarasaurus
- Safari Ltd. Zuul
- PNSO Ankylosaurus
- Haolonggood Wuerhosaurus

Hopefully these could be soon next summer. It's no rush. Funny how I said I'll never get Haolonggood models repainted, but I felt like the two ceratopsians needed it since I would like a more subtle coloration pair who share the same colors. The Wuerhosaurus is obviously need of some sort of wash but at that point might as well get a full repaint.

DinoFan2010

I would love to see a repaint of the Papo Feathered Velociraptor, maybe with a Dinosaur Revolution color scheme.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

DinoFan2010

I don't have one, I just think it would be cool with a new color

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

ceratopsian

Thanks for that information avatar_Bread @Bread. Technically Ben (BVS) is on the Forum but my guess is he doesn't visit.  I remember him saying he found the posting images too much hassle. I'm hoping to get him to do a Dinosauria Creatures commission for me in the nearish future. Perhaps I need to get in line now rather than wait for Martin to finish the current one!

I haven't commissioned Jakrid in ages. I think he still takes some though.

Quote from: Bread on September 18, 2023, 12:30:26 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on September 18, 2023, 12:22:53 PMJagsaurus' work really appeals to me.  He might still be open to commissions for repaints, even if most of his work these days is resins.  But there might be a language barrier - I don't know if anyone on the forum has ever commissioned him for anything?
Same.

I've tried to get a few repaints done by him, but unfortunately he's really busy. He opens commissions every now and then, but you have to be quick to get one placed. Otherwise he's swamped with work ASAP.

Same with BVS Artworks, who I do believe is on this forum? I've just recently tried to get work from him too, but he too is very busy.

It's great to see these artist busy! I am glad they are getting the appreciation they deserve but I just wish I could get a repaint by them lol.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.