News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Thundering Herd: The Ceratopsian collection

Started by Bokisaurus, May 18, 2012, 07:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on July 20, 2019, 12:03:34 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on July 18, 2019, 10:27:45 PM
Quote from: Stuckasaurus on July 16, 2019, 12:31:51 AM
About what scale are the large and mini PNSO Spinops, respectively?

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus the large one is about 1:20 based on head measurements. I don't have the small one but based on comparing the sizes of the two in Boki's review on the blog it looks like it could be about 1:50.

Thanks! That's helpful to know.

FWIW I include a scale estimate for every figure I show in my collection thread; perhaps you would find it useful as a fellow scale nerd.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 21, 2019, 05:14:29 PM
Quote from: Stuckasaurus on July 20, 2019, 12:03:34 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on July 18, 2019, 10:27:45 PM
Quote from: Stuckasaurus on July 16, 2019, 12:31:51 AM
About what scale are the large and mini PNSO Spinops, respectively?

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus the large one is about 1:20 based on head measurements. I don't have the small one but based on comparing the sizes of the two in Boki's review on the blog it looks like it could be about 1:50.

Thanks! That's helpful to know.

FWIW I include a scale estimate for every figure I show in my collection thread; perhaps you would find it useful as a fellow scale nerd.

I've definitely referenced it several times!  ;D
I discovered it surprisingly recently though; I don't think I'd seen it when  I asked that question.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Not that my review will have much new to say for the forum members here, but here's my review of the Wild Past Protoceratops if anybody's interested! I'm just hoping to spread the word around a little more.

https://dinodadreviews.com/2020/05/01/wild-past-protoceratops-with-nest/

And a pic of various mini raptors that I think go well with it:

suspsy

Someone needs to upload images of the Mattel ceratopsians.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

avatar_suspsy @suspsy I don't have all of them (only missing the 2 Battle Damage Triceratops and the 2019 green Dual Attack, and 2020 Sound Strike Triceratops), but I uploaded an image to my instagram a while back showcasing every species released so far. I swear I uploaded it to my imgur too but it is having issues right now so I can't check.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2P5l08Fjj9/

Edit: Working now. Here it is:

Anyways though if you need individual images I have them in my albums, but here they are:

2018:

https://imgur.com/a/civOriY

Protoceratops (Attack Pack):

Triceratops (Roarivore):

Velociraptor w/ Microceratus (Destruct-A-Saurs):

2019:

https://imgur.com/a/Zl2DDJm

Protoceratops (Attack Pack):

Styracosaurus (Savage Strike):

Nasutoceratops (Dual Attack):

Triceratops (grey Dual Attack):

Edit: I also forgot to add the mini figures earlier. Here they are as well:

https://imgur.com/a/BlR3Lun

Triceratops (green):

Triceratops (brown):

Pachyrhinosaurus:

Assuming the new Sinoceratops seen at Toy Fair gets released and I can get my hands on it, expect that one to be added. Ditto with the new brown Battle Damage Triceratops (although those have only been spotted in the UK to my knowledge so that might be tricky for me to get my hands on at this time).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your collection of ceraptósidos I hope you complete your collection soon.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Shonisaurus

What a nice chasmosaurus! I am very tempted by this figure. The pupils of the eyes of both ceratopsides are perfectly visible. They are perfect figures, I would buy those products from everythingdinosaur if it were not for the Bretix that is coming, I am very afraid of customs. As the saying goes "money is money". I congratulate you Halichoeres for having those beautiful figures.

Wallnut

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 17, 2020, 01:37:13 AM

Who maked the oviraptor it looks gorgeus.

ceratopsian

avatar_Wallnut @Triton TR - the Oviraptor is by Kaiyodo. It is a very pretty model!

Halichoeres

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Rexy

CollectA Achelousaurus

CollectA Mercuriceratops

CollectA Xenoceratops

CollectA Kosmoceratops

CollectA Einiosaurus

Chasmosaurus

Jurassic World Sound Strike Sinoceratops

CollectA Diabloceratops
Taking dinosaurs off this island is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas, and I'm gonna be there when you learn that.

Rexy

Baby Triceratops

Triceratops (various sizes)

Styracosaurus (various sizes)

Imaginext Triceratops

Nasutoceratops

Walking with Dinosaurs Torosaurus

Schleich Pentaceratops

Pachyrhinosaurus (various sizes)
Taking dinosaurs off this island is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas, and I'm gonna be there when you learn that.

Rexy

Monoclonius

Baby Pachyrhinosaurus

Mini Styracosaurus

Mini Monoclonius

CollectA Psittacosaurus

Protoceratops

Model Triceratops (complete with internal organs)

Squishy rubber Triceratops

Various mini Triceratops

Halichoeres

SidB

It's good to see this thread getting some attention again.

I'll add this trio of Schleich (believe it or not) ceratopsians. Ceratopsians are one thing with which this company has actually done a good job over the last several years:

Halichoeres

I hadn't noticed that not a single BotM ceratopsian had made an appearance in this thread! Here's mine from last winter:

Splonkadumpocus

Basal ceratopsians:
Leptoceratops (Safari), Protoceratops (Safari), Psittacosaurus (Collecta)

Centrosaurinae:
Diabloceratops (Safari), Xenoceratops (Collecta), Centrosaurus (unknown), Nasutoceratops (Safari), Styracosaurus (Carnegie), Pachyrhinosaurus (Papo)

Chasmosaurinae:
Kosmoceratops (Collecta), Chasmosaurus (Walmart), Vagaceratops (Safari), Pentaceratops (Schleich), Regaliceratops (Safari), Triceratops (Carnegie)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: