News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Thundering Herd: The Ceratopsian collection

Started by Bokisaurus, May 18, 2012, 07:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

They were inspired by the Osteoderms on the Sideshow Triceratops

IF you want one you can order it here.

http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/einiosaurus-finished-model-by-animasaurs/

Bokisaurus

PNSO Mini Einiosaurus  - So beautiful and exciting to finally have a figure of this species!
[

Not do be outdone, a new Kosmoceratops from PNSo mini set - another jewel!
[

Battle of the two ;D
[]

AcroSauroTaurus

Their body parts are either out of proportion, or their bodies are too skinny... Plus Safari is releasing a Einiosaurus. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Bokisaurus

Latest addition to the herd, a beautiful resin model of Triceratops by Greg Wenzel! Wow, amazing figure!
I'm not sure if I want to paint it or to keep it as is.
I got lucky on this one, I paid $29 for it.

With the much smaller Battat Triceratops also sculpted by the same artist
[]

Jose S.M.

Personally I think you can make a really good job painting it, your repaints and paintjobs of unpainted figures are really colourful and vivid, I like them very much.

RobinGoodfellow

Dilopho

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on October 08, 2016, 11:19:22 AM
Protoceratops:

Triceratops:

:)
That Protoceratops.....does it have a weird face for anyone else? I don't know....something about the eyes, mouth and...no nostrils...just looks like a mutant Oviraptor or something! Why does it have horns?
And that Triceratops is just really visually pleasing for me. Lovely colour scheme.  ^-^

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on October 08, 2016, 12:14:19 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on October 08, 2016, 11:19:22 AM
Protoceratops:

Triceratops:

:)
That Protoceratops.....does it have a weird face for anyone else? I don't know....something about the eyes, mouth and...no nostrils...just looks like a mutant Oviraptor or something! Why does it have horns?
And that Triceratops is just really visually pleasing for me. Lovely colour scheme.  ^-^

It has nostrils, they just aren't painted, and Protoceratops hellenikorhinus has horns similar to that model.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Joe289 on October 07, 2016, 09:39:02 PM
Personally I think you can make a really good job painting it, your repaints and paintjobs of unpainted figures are really colourful and vivid, I like them very much.

Thanks for the vote of confidence :D

Dilopho

Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 09, 2016, 04:28:09 PM
Quote from: Joe289 on October 07, 2016, 09:39:02 PM

Thanks for the vote of confidence :D
Same here Boki! Your repaints are amazing.
Uh, but you seem to love stripes haha. Looking at your repainted sauropod picture gives me a headache because they look beautiful but together, all the different stripes make my head wierd.  ^-^ ;D

Bokisaurus

Hot off the press, Safari's 2017 Einiosaurus!

With the rest of Doug's herd ^-^

And a selfie ;)

Shonisaurus

It is of my favorite figures along with Collecta's styracosaurus the two best figures of ceraptosides.

I emphasize the einiosaurus its realism and its aggressive pose.

AcroSauroTaurus

The ceratopsians of my Collection... Hold on to your butts...

Figures:
Family of Marx knock-off Triceratops (brown with blue backs)
2 Marx Triceratops (grey one and brown one) (retired)
JW Mini Triceratops (2 of 3) (retired)
Safari Dinos Toob Triceratops
Blue China Triceratops
Safari Ltd. Sue Torosaurus (retired except in Chicago Field Museum)

Figures:
Animal Planet Styracosaurus (retired)
Repainted Disney Styracosaurus (retired) Individual photos can be seen in my repaints thread.
TAofE Slug (retired)
Lego: Dino Triceratops (retired)

Figures:
Tyco Dino-Riders Triceratops (retired)
Tyco Dino-Riders Monoclonius (retired)

Figures:
Original Bullyland Triceratops (retired)
Schleich Jr. Triceratops x2 (retired)
Schleich Triceratops (retired)
Schleich Pentaceratops

Figures:
Safari Ltd. Vagaceratops
Safari Ltd. Diabloceratops
Safari Ltd. Pachyrhinosaurus
Safari Ltd. Triceratops

Figures:
CollectA Pachyrhinosaurus
Papo Styracosaurus
Papo Pachyrhinosaurus
Battat Terra Pachyrhinosaurus

Figures:
JP 2009 Pachyrhinosaurus (retired)
JP Series 1 Triceratops (retired)

Figures:
CollectA Diabloceratops
CollectA Medusaceratops
CollectA Triceratops carcass
CollectA Torosaurus
CollectA Utahceratops

Figures:
CollectA Achelousaurus
CollectA Kosmoceratops
CollectA Nasutoceratops
CollectA Chasmosaurus
CollectA Xenoceratops

Figures:
Safari Ltd. Nasutoceratops
CollectA Mini Torosaurus and Triceratops
I am the Dinosaur King!

BlueKrono

Some random ceratopsids of mine:

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 08, 2017, 12:38:14 PM
AAA eggs

Awww, I had one or two of those eggs growing up! I wonder whatever happened to mine?

BlueKrono

They also made the Brachiosaurus, Dimetrodon and T-rex.

ceratopsian

I've never come across the AAA eggs before - very appealing indeed!

BlueKrono

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 08, 2017, 08:07:05 PM
I've never come across the AAA eggs before - very appealing indeed!

Well as you can see, I have an extra of the purple Trike and the Stego if you're interested. I also got these three in pastel colors recently from a seller in England. Cute, huh?

BlueKrono

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: