News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kapitaenosavrvs' Dioramas

Started by Kapitaenosavrvs, February 20, 2020, 08:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thank you very much, everyone.

As usual i am way behind my expectations and haven't found time to finish it yet. I darkend the Endmonto and gave it a fresh bloody wound. Sadly, it darkend up a bit too much, but it looks worse in the Pics :/ The Wounds are high gloss, but thats hard to get on Photo without movement and an older Smartphone. In the end there will be a bit Blood on the Plants aswell. But not too much. It should blend in.

As for the younger and wild T. rex, i have started to paint them up and just got the base colouration on them. They will also get darker in general and hopefully a lot of Detailwork. I plan to give them a bit of a vibrant colour on the head. Any wishes? Please tell me if you like and we'll see.

They will also get a bit of a darker pattern on their bodys. It is interesting to paint similar coloured Animals that size.

To get a bit preassure on my side, i post a test fit of them on the base. A small update, but why not. There is so much paintwork to do now, but it is fun. I hope i can make them in a realistic way that fits the overall Style of this Diorama. They aren't the most detailed 3D prints :D Hopefully.

Have a great Weekend and stay safe everyone. We all need to at the Moment.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Oh! avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs They are custom made/painted. But not 100%. I found a lot of plastic Plants in 1 Euro Stores and so on. I just cut them like i need them, glue them together in new shapes and paint them, because they normally are just plain green. But i still want to try Paper and wire in the future to create more time accurate Vegetation.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Thanks for the tip! What an absolute stunning piece this already is. You've done an incredible job so far - I'm in awe. Can't wait to see the final result.  :) On the note of the head color I think some bright orange would look great perhaps above their eyes or at the throat...

Die_Maulquappe

Very cool dioramas.
With your love to detail you are upgrading every figure in it.
No matter if the figure was a quality model or a cheaper toy.
In the end everything looks high-quality!
Videos of my statues, figures and dioramas here:
TITANS_of_the_EARTH
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2QYASMKvj9McImqRk1MhCA

Halichoeres

Excellent work. A really beautiful composition.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Kapitaenosavrvs

Helo.

Finished the big bois. Sadly, it is dark outside, so i will make Pictures with proper Light tomorrow. They look different in this spotlight like light with bad colouring. But i wanted to show the bois now :D Here are some bad ones. :) Hope everyone had great Days!

SidB

Looking good with the night light on - can't wait to see it during daylight hours.

Dusty Wren

Gorgeous work! I can't get over how beautiful the base is. The details in the rock formations, the tree roots rising out of the earth, all the different types of plants included. It looks lush, and alive.
Check out my customs thread!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Unbelievable! Your work blows my mind   :o   very excited to see the daylight pictures :)

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thank you :)

Sadly, there was no sun today :D Just a few northern Germany rays. I'll try tomorrow again. I am courious myself :D

Kapitaenosavrvs

Well. Its Winter. There was one sunny Day but i was in another City that time. While i wait for Light, i started on finishing the small Desert Part for the Wild Past Protoceratops and dancing Raptors.

Thanks again, all of you, for the nice Words.

Paleo Flo

Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Weather is not very cooperative this time of year. I've been inside just working on cleaning reorganizing and a bit on new projects.

Pliosaurking

Great job, looks gorgeous!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Helo. Again, it took ages, and i still didn't manage to get good Photos, but here is at least a bit more Colour and Sloppy Painting galore. I found it quite hard to paint up the Tyrannosaurs, because they have so little Detail in the sculpt and mostly because they are printed in FTL and are glued together out of 8 or 10 Pieces. Not the best starting point, but it was an experience. Also, doing two times the same was something new. And so, they look a bit sloppy from being next to them, but it is working from a bit further away. More detailed Sculpts are way easier to paint in my opinion. I would definitly want to do 3D prints again, and at the Moment, i have 3 ready printed smol models here for painting. But they are more detailed, smaller and in resin.

Thanks, avatar_Paleo Flo @Paleo Flo !

Absolutely. I do not have to go outside a lot at the Moment, but it is freezing cold again here. I am really loking forward to your new Projects, because they get better and better everytime :D avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon

Thank you, avatar_Pliosaurking @Pliosaurking

As always, i better not set Deadlines on the Internet, but at the Moment i have 2 Projects in the Making with a 3rd starting the next days. Moreover, when i am prepared a bit later this year, i wanted to ask the Community about the Interest of Multipurpose or for a special Figure Bases, that are easy to send, faster to make and not expensive. I thought about that for a long time but to get more into Detail, i need so HAVE something to show and explain, rather than just talking about it. I do that too much even now. :D

TooOldForDinosaurs

Again - this is just incredible! Your level of skill and dedication amazes me. Love the colors!  :)avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs

Kei

My god -that's absolutely gorgeous work avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs - The dynamic pose really elevates the whole diorama, not to mention the beautiful paintwork.

Paleo Flo

A very nice diorama and a beautiful base. Great work pal! :)
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Jiminy350

I've just discovered your thread and have been admiring your work. I think the latest piece, the Tyrannosaurs and Edmontosaurus is your best yet, partially because it has the most artistic composition. I love the poses of the two Tyrannosaurs, competing and threatening each other for the meal. You do a fantastic job with the bases/environments; love the judicial placement of the plants.

Your pieces will just get better and better! Looking forward to seeing more in the future.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.