News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Cretaceous Collectables

Started by AcroSauroTaurus, April 28, 2016, 04:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

Since my birthday was the 17th, it will be celebrated by two more wave 2 species! Placerias and Opisthocoelicaudia.

Wave 2 species list so far:
Paranogmius
Centrosaurus
Spinosaurus
Prionosuchus
Placerias
Opisthocoelicaudia

There are 6 more species planned(making a total of 12). ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Shadowknight1

Can't wait to see what you have planned for Spinosaurus.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

AcroSauroTaurus

Lets just say it'll be different from any other Spinosaurus figure. >:D
I am the Dinosaur King!

Takama

Any news on this line?

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Takama on June 12, 2017, 05:35:20 PM
Any news on this line?

Sorry for the lack of updates... nothing has really happened with it lately. It takes time to make the sculpts as accurate as possible. ;) I can say that this line will definitely be happening though, as I have a person to do the mold making/casting.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Kaprosaurus

Prionosuchus!? That is my favorite temnospondyl.I hope it has the external gills like an axolotl.

AcroSauroTaurus

Wave 1
Enchodus (Complete)
Sub-adult Sauroposeidon carcass (Complete)
Acrocanthosaurus (WIP)
Gigantspinosaurus (WIP)
Coahuilaceratops
Menoceras
Triceratops
Shunosaurus
Belantsea
Carnotaurus
Umoonasaurus
Gasosaurus

The line will start in 2 years.(because the friend of mine that will be doing the mold making/casting will be going to an out-of-state college in August, so he won't be available until he's done.) But I can safely say it will start-up in 2 years.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Kaprosaurus

Finally! An onchopristis! Although it's 3 years before this line will take off :'(

ZoPteryx

That's an awesome list!  Can't wait to see the prototypes!  :)

AcroSauroTaurus

So, the Acrocanthosaurus sculpt was looking pretty bad, the proportions were way off and it looked nothing like an Acrocanthosaurus. Mainly because I was basing the proportions off of the Papo running Tyrannosaurus(which is the figure I used to get the armatures length, the proportions were accidental.)

So, I resculpted the head, arms, and body, basing the new proportions off of(obviously) Scott Hartman's skeletal. And I must say, it looks 100% better than it was looking.

Lighted photos:

I am the Dinosaur King!

ZoPteryx

Shadowknight1

I love that the spine is a bit higher and more noticeable!

AcroSauroTaurus

The new Logo for Cretaceous Collectibles, and my artwork in general. Also, the line will start in two years, not three.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Shadowknight1

Takama

Quote from: A. atokensis on November 22, 2017, 08:58:32 PM
Where can I get the models? and please dont create a Coahuilaceratops until I make mine.

I believe it is his own line , so he can create whatever he wants ::). There is no contest to see who can make what first.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Takama on November 22, 2017, 09:00:46 PM
Quote from: A. atokensis on November 22, 2017, 08:58:32 PM
Where can I get the models? and please dont create a Coahuilaceratops until I make mine.

I believe it is his own line , so he can create whatever he wants ::). There is no contest to see who can make what first.

Coincidentally I ended up switching out Coahuilaceratops for another ceratopsian.(that I will not reveal at this time.)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Reptilia

Any update on the Acrocanthosaurus sculpt?

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on April 02, 2018, 09:52:15 PM
Any update on the Acrocanthosaurus sculpt?

I don't have a sculpting area in the house my family moved to yet, so no updates. But when I can give updates, I will.
I am the Dinosaur King!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.