News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

March of the Titans: The sauropods!

Started by Bokisaurus, May 13, 2012, 04:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

And of course this beauty!
PNSO Amargasaurus and re-issued Mamenchi ;D
[]

Safari 2019 Camarasaurus and Co
[]

Shonisaurus

And to think that my amargasaurus PNSO is still held in customs!  :'( it's frustrating. By the way Boki do not recognize that sauropod that is next to the camarasaurus of Safari, it looks spectacular.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 02, 2019, 12:27:14 PM
By the way Boki do not recognize that sauropod that is next to the camarasaurus of Safari, it looks spectacular.

I think it's a repainted Carnegie Camarasaurus..

Shonisaurus

Thanks Robin for the answer. The repainted ones often deceive and appear to be new figures of sauropods.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Is here an okay place to ask about the durability of the PNSO Mamenchisaurus? If so, how is it?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 12, 2019, 10:24:15 PM
Is here an okay place to ask about the durability of the PNSO Mamenchisaurus? If so, how is it?

Absolutely valid question. It's made of pvc, plastic so it should be durable like any pvc figures.
It's top heavy due to the long neck, but it has a hole one one of its legs for a peg that is attached to the base for stability.
Great figure.

Shonisaurus

I bought the mamenchisaurus from Acro-man some time ago and I can assure you that in my case it does not have any problem of durability or stability. Perhaps the first version of the PNSO mamenchisaurus is made of a more resistant plastic.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 12, 2019, 11:45:18 PM

Absolutely valid question. It's made of pvc, plastic so it should be durable like any pvc figures.
It's top heavy due to the long neck, but it has a hole one one of its legs for a peg that is attached to the base for stability.
Great figure.

Interesting, I have one from the China Post run, and I don't remember it having a peg/hole arrangement. I'll have to double check.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

I don't think my China Post model has a peg. I had to position it carefully to avoid face planting. But I am not at home to check.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 14, 2019, 11:11:35 AM
I don't think my China Post model has a peg. I had to position it carefully to avoid face planting. But I am not at home to check.

It's very well be that the first run, the China post one did not have a hole in one of the leg for a peg.
I checked the review of it on the blog and there was no mention of a peg.
So I think the peg was added later after they realized the top heavy issues with it.

Halichoeres

Amazed this beast hasn't appeared in this thread yet:

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

CollectA Bajadasaurus:

W-Dragon Giraffatitan:

Shonisaurus

Those two sauropods are two heavyweights in collecting from my point of view. Although I have to admit that there are many other very well representative quality sauropods in the toy dinosaur world today such as the safari camarasaurus and malawisaurus, Nanmu apatosaurus without a doubt sauropods are a very well represented species in the market. of the toy dinosaur.

Libraraptor

Found this wooden,  lizard like sauropod a few years ago. Quite an unusual object. What do you think?

Halichoeres

What a strange specimen! It looks much more sprightly and agile than a typical sauropod. How big is it, roughly?

Splonkadumpocus

Baso-Sauropods:

Plateosaurus (Carnegie), Shunosaurus (Collecta), Jobaria (Collecta), Mamenchisaurus (Safari)

Diplodocoidea:

Apatosaurus (Carnegie), Amargasaurus (Battat), Nigersaurus (Safari), Rebbachisaurus (Collecta), Diplodocus (Carnegie)

Macronaria:

Giraffatitan (Carnegie), Malawisaurus (Safari), Saltasaurus (Carnegie), Brachiosaurus (Carnegie), Camarasaurus (Carnegie), Argentinosaurus (Collecta)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.