News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

2013 Predictions

Started by Balaur, January 02, 2013, 10:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUTABA

Good point.

(It'd be nice, albeit egotistical, of me to think I may have inadvertently acted as the catalyst for my own prediction).
:P
I really really like blue things.

amargasaurus cazaui

On the subject of herbivores etc, I remember Jack Horner commenting that any animal will sometimes feed upon an egg as well, even an herbivore. That tends to also make great sense to me.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Splonkadumpocus

Another prediction i made earlier this year:

Quote from: Splonkadumpocus on January 03, 2013, 12:41:13 AMThere will be a conflict over privately-held dinosaur remains.

Can I just say "Dueling Dinosaurs"?

Simon

The only conflict was over the stolen Mongolian Tarbosaurus that was auctioned, then seized by the Feds and returned to Mongolia.

The "Dueling Dinosaurs" are simply going to be auctioned off in November, that's all.  And hopefully whoever springs for the $$$ to buy them will also make sure that the entire block is examined with ultrasound, MRI, or whatever else so they can see what's inside and decide whether to excavate the entire fossil.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Simon on August 04, 2013, 01:23:08 AM
The only conflict was over the stolen Mongolian Tarbosaurus that was auctioned, then seized by the Feds and returned to Mongolia.

The "Dueling Dinosaurs" are simply going to be auctioned off in November, that's all.  And hopefully whoever springs for the $$$ to buy them will also make sure that the entire block is examined with ultrasound, MRI, or whatever else so they can see what's inside and decide whether to excavate the entire fossil.

Very expensive hobby for someone. No responsible scientist would ever publish those results if it's in private hands, and we'd end up with another Amphicoelias brontodiplodocus.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Balaur

Quote from: Balaur on January 04, 2013, 01:12:50 AM
Here are my last 10 predictions.

6. We will find a pterosaur that was entirely herbivorously in Spain, the same formation in which Concavenator was found in of the early Cretaceous.
7. A Big cat will be found that has the jaw sabre-holders like that of Thylacosmilus.
8. A tiny pterosaur that attacks giant sauropods in swarms like piranahs will be found.  ^-^
9. My cat will dig up a Daemonosaurus bone in the backyard and eat it, and will become super cat.  :)
10. I will draw a dinosaur picture depicting a dinosaur eating a dinosaur.   :o
11. New coprolites of pteranodons will see that they ate fish, and dinosaur babies.
12. New skeletal remains of Gigantopithecus will be found, and will show they are not bipedal, but quadrapedal.
13. A skull of Balaur bondoc will be found.
14. Quill knobs on a Tyrannosaurus arm will be found, showing they had feathers.
15. No old paleontological discoveries will be made, only new ones.  :))

6. I have nothing yet.
7. Nope.
8. No.
9. I can only hope.
10. I have, but I haven't posted yet.
15. I have to say I totally nailed that one...  :))

Quote from: Splonkadumpocus on August 04, 2013, 12:29:49 AM
Another prediction i made earlier this year:

Quote from: Splonkadumpocus on January 03, 2013, 12:41:13 AMThere will be a conflict over privately-held dinosaur remains.

Can I just say "Dueling Dinosaurs"?

I'll say thats a hit.

Everything_Dinosaur

We too have tried to predict what is going to happen in the following year, just for a bit of a laugh over the Christmas and New Year period, anyone can contribute and then we vote for the top ten, in no particular order.  The predictions have mutated over the years and involved some company bits and pieces - number of blog posts, Youtube views for our dinosaur model reviews and so on.  At the end of the year, we review our success or lack of it.  It is just for a bit of fun, no reputations at stake and such like.  Your own suggestions are intriguing, you never know in palaeontology.

Here are the predictions for 2103 from Everything Dinosaur: Everything Dinosaur's Predictions for 2013

Everything_Dinosaur

Just for completeness, the verdict on our predictions made for 2012: 2012 Predictions - how did we do?

We stick our heads above the parapet and then 12 months later we review what we said and how things have turned out.

Concavenator

These are my predictions!  ;)
1.A new ceratopsian will be found ( other than the already discovered Nasutoceratops)
2.An unusual new spinosaurid will be found.
3.An odd looking dromaeosaurid will be found.

Zhuchengotyrant

Predictions:
1. A ornithopoda, a basal iguanodontid to be specific
2. Ceratopsian, a centrosaurine to be specific
3? A new feathered tyrannosaur, maybe if correct, they should call it "Opteryxtyrannus", which means "Feathered Tyrant" or "Winged Tyrant", the same meaning of Yutyrannus.
-Zhuchengotyrant