News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Diablo VS Diablo

Started by Takama, November 04, 2012, 07:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which 2013 Diabloceratops model do you prefer

CollectA
Safari LTD

Horridus

Safari, definitely. Just a much better all-round sculpt.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

postsaurischian

Can't vote for any of them, because my vote goes to Paleomaster's 1:35 model:

No need for me to buy the other two guys ....... maybe I'll get the Safari, but definitely not CollectA's.  Arf!

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: Jetoar on November 06, 2012, 09:56:33 AM
I think the same. I dont like the colors. Collecta are using the same colors for all ceratopsians with huge frills.

Even worse, Diabloceratops didn't even have that huge of a frill in real life.  Collecta got the proportions wrong!

Brontozaurus

I kind of like the Safari more. It feels less stretched out than the CollectA one does.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

tanystropheus

I'm leaning towards the CollectA Diabloceratops, although I will probably pick up both versions.

CollectA Diabloceratops
+stylized body w/ quills, derived from the aesthetically pleasing 1:15 Triceratops
+bird like eyes (a nod to Tyco?)
+active stance, colorful frill

- too large frill
- too short brow horns
- wrong anatomy for feet

* WS Diabloceratops
+ natural pose
+decent attempt at decorating the frill

- too short frill
- uninspiring colors and/or textures when compared to WS Triceratops or Vagaceratops
- awkward, stocky feet

* I will give the WS Diabloceratops a benefit of a doubt. The final product should, theoretically, appear noticeably more refined.

Jetoar

I think the same that you  ^-^ . Good observation.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Iguanocolossus

In my opinion, Safari usually succeeds and CollectA usually fails. I don't think this is an exception

tanystropheus

Quote from: Iguanocolossus on November 21, 2012, 10:36:02 PM
In my opinion, Safari usually succeeds and CollectA usually fails. I don't think this is an exception

CollectA products are usually hit or miss. They are (generally) well-researched, though.

Concavenator

Quote from: Iguanocolossus on November 21, 2012, 10:36:02 PM
Sorry,don't agree.
Some Carnegie /Wild Safari figures are better than those of CollectA.But CollectA is improving a lot every year,creating unusual species,great poses,very attractive colors and amazing poses.Well,let's see...
The Wild Safari one is accurate .We only know Diabloceratops because of its skull,so if the skull's differently sculpted the figure is inaccurate.The Safari one is a pretty neat sculpt,but the pose isn't very imaginative but oh well.The CollectA one is inaccurate and blah blah blah but it's more impressive.Better pose,better coloration,more imaginative.And with quills.Also:
Quote from: tanystropheus on November 10, 2012, 09:34:13 PM
I'm leaning towards the CollectA Diabloceratops, although I will probably pick up both versions.

CollectA Diabloceratops
+stylized body w/ quills, derived from the aesthetically pleasing 1:15 Triceratops
+bird like eyes (a nod to Tyco?)
+active stance, colorful frill

- too large frill
- too short brow horns
- wrong anatomy for feet

* WS Diabloceratops
+ natural pose
+decent attempt at decorating the frill

- too short frill
- uninspiring colors and/or textures when compared to WS Triceratops or Vagaceratops
- awkward, stocky feet

* I will give the WS Diabloceratops a benefit of a doubt. The final product should, theoretically, appear noticeably more refined.
We can't say the WS one is in a more natural pose.It looks like more relaxed,but the CollectA one represents an animal in an alert mood.Both things happened.Diabloceratops,like all dinosaurs was releaxed sometimes and in an alert mood sometime,so why not calling them natural poses.When I saw the WS Diabloceratops for first time,I,sincerely,was indifferent,though with the time they look like much better than the stock photos.When I first saw at the CollectA Diablo,I was much more excited.I would personally give a tie,because they're both awesome sculpts'though the personality on the CollectA one might help it more.However,I'm going to get both of them.Definetely want more ceratopsians from both of them in the future.

tyrantqueen

I don't like either of them....no offense to anyone.

How about this Diablo?  >:D

leidy

There should be a Diablotyrannus.  If they ever find a new Tyrannosaur, perhaps one with exaggerated gorgosaur-horns, that's what they should call it.  I would.

And in all toys, books, documentaries and media appearences, it should be painted in Primal Rage colours.  Not for any scientific reason  (like all those green skined, red-plated stegosaurs), but just because it's awesome, and everyone should realise this.

joossa

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 07, 2013, 08:16:07 PM
I agree.
A define candidate for Papo, I think.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Concavenator

Quote from: joossa on September 07, 2013, 10:50:14 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 07, 2013, 08:16:07 PM
I agree.
A define candidate for Papo, I think.
I doubt a lot that Papo will release one.I think Papo doesn't want to produce exotic dinosaurs.However,if done,I'd be very happy.

amanda

Buuuuuut.....Papo did put out that pachyrhino. How is a diablo any more exotic?

Concavenator

Quote from: amanda on September 10, 2013, 01:01:01 PM
Pachyrhinosaurus is more well known that Diabloceratops.Diabloceratops is more bizarre,I think.
It would be nice if they would have released it in 2013,but well... :P

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amanda on September 10, 2013, 01:01:01 PM
Pachyrhino has been known to science a lot longer than Diabloceratops. It has time on its side :) Maybe Papo will start making more exotic species when they run out of pop culture dinos to reference from.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: leidy on September 07, 2013, 09:48:04 PM
There should be a Diablotyrannus.  If they ever find a new Tyrannosaur, perhaps one with exaggerated gorgosaur-horns, that's what they should call it.  I would.
I totally agree! Diablotyrannus is an awesome name. I was thinking maybe for either an Albertosaurine with much larger horns or for any kind of Tyrannosuridae, perhaps a close relative of Tyrannosaurus itself :), with an extremely ugly and knarled-looking skull. Fingers crossed for this name to be used :D!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.