News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New DTF banner (2015)

Started by DinoToyForum, January 02, 2015, 04:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

the banner looks great the way it is. "less is more" as the saying goes.
the thing with the rebor hatchling trike, it isnt considered a toy. if it gets included, we have to include resin figures in the banner in the future.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

I can change the two figures in the banner every other month, that should be quite easy to do. JP figures for June is a good idea!

Simon

The new banner is superb. 

Much better than the old ones which were a bit crowded with resulting reduced quality of images. 

I love the big bold lettering book-ended between two distinct, eye-catching figures.

"Less is more" sums it up perfectly. It makes a statement.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 03, 2015, 10:30:17 AM
I can change the two figures in the banner every other month, that should be quite easy to do. JP figures for June is a good idea!

Sounds like a plan to me!

alexeratops

Yes, I agree, it would be fun to change the banner more often. But every new year you should do a major change, not just changing the figures, but the whole layout, like you've just done. ^-^ Just a suggestion.
like a bantha!

triceratops83

Just to confuse everyone we should put a bunch of Barbie dolls in the banner.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 04, 2015, 06:30:23 AM
Just to confuse everyone we should put a bunch of Barbie dolls in the banner.

Arul

Lol she want to digging a fossil in shopping mall

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 04, 2015, 07:31:34 AM
Touche, Blade...

They have a more updated version too :

I plan to get one for my niece in a couple years...great way intro girls to dinos and science. ;)

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 04, 2015, 07:39:10 AM
I plan to get one for my niece in a couple years...great way intro girls to dinos and science. ;)

I too will have to get one for my niece, but the damage is already done - she's already a Dino Nut. Dinosaurs are great for kids, they get them interested in the natural world, art, so forth. Good to try and steer them away from all the shallow, superficial stuff they seem to grow up with nowadays, and give them something real to invest in. Better Mr Lambeosaurus from Dinosaur Train than Miley Cyrus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 04, 2015, 07:46:45 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 04, 2015, 07:39:10 AM

I too will have to get one for my niece, but the damage is already done - she's already a Dino Nut. Dinosaurs are great for kids, they get them interested in the natural world, art, so forth. Good to try and steer them away from all the shallow, superficial stuff they seem to grow up with nowadays, and give them something real to invest in. Better Mr Lambeosaurus from Dinosaur Train than Miley Cyrus.

Exactly. I bought here a dinosaur toy set for Christmas and my brother says she likes to watch to dinosaur train already..lol I figure why stop stoking the fire?  ;D

Dinomike

Great work on the banner Mr. Admin! I think dropping off the word 'the' was a good choise. The banner looks very balanced! I also support the idea of JP figures when the movie's about to come out? :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Libraraptor

Nice new banner! I think its enjoyably without frills!

Concavenator

Will this be the definitive banner?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Concavenator on January 04, 2015, 02:14:08 PM
Will this be the definitive banner?

There have been no complaints so yes! I'll change the figures every few months.

Concavenator

A little disappointed,honestly.No disrespect to Ikessauro for his wonderful jobs on the banners,but with so many badass models released this year I think that two is a just a little (imho) poor,even though they'll be changed every month,but I guess everyone else is loving it. :-\

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.