News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Devonian/Permian figures

Started by Bokisaurus, January 29, 2015, 08:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Okay, now that we have the Triassic guys, I thought it's time to bring in the finals from the period before it, the Devonian and Permian.
Some cool critters running around this time :)
Let's begin with the ...

Devonian figures in my collection -
[
[
[
Some sharks ( not all of these are from this period)
[
[]

Permian
[
[
[
Peltobatrachus only

Okay, that's the majority of the figures from my collection, enjoy ;)

Gwangi

Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 29, 2015, 08:03:35 PM
Okay, now that we have the Triassic guys, I thought it's time to bring in the finals from the period before it, the Devonian and Permian.
Some cool critters running around this time :)
Let's begin with the ...

Or in the case of most of the Devonian figures, swimming around.  ^-^ Great thread topic, wish I had more to offer but I think your pictures already display all the Devonian/Permian figures I have (which is a significantly smaller collection than yours).

paleoferroequine

Really great collection, wish mine was as good, although I might have a few that you don't.
However aren't the last three ( Arizonasaurus, Liliensternus and Paratypothorax ) all Triassic?

Arul

Great collection :D They are very unique creature...unfortunately  they are not very well known like a dinosaur. And there is no movie who use this character maybe that is why this creature not very well known like a dinosaur hehehe

laticauda

DC

Lystrosaurus is found on both sides of the Permain / Triassic boundary.  The UHA is the best but digicards also has one.  The Ral partha gorganopsid is very good.  Then there is the TimMee casea.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

JohannesB

A beautiful collection. I have some of those models as well. I especially like the Bullyland figures.

When I think of it, the Permian (and maybe the whole Paleozoic) has always captivated me more than other Era's. It is full of weirdness (animals straddling or crossing the lines of what it means to be an amphibian, or reptile, or mammal) and promise (animals that are mammal-like reptiles, but behave like tree-living wannabe lemurs), but it all came to an end in the most catastrophic extinction event ever...

Anyway, I hope a lot more (bigger) toy models of Permian animals (my favorites are the landlubbers) will be made in the future.

DC

Why does no one like Sphenacodon any more. Just Marx and Linde.  Do really need more Dimetrodons?
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Halichoeres

Quote from: DC on April 19, 2019, 09:44:57 AM
Why does no one like Sphenacodon any more. Just Marx and Linde.  Do really need more Dimetrodons?

I would definitely rather see a Sphenacodon than yet another Dimetrodon.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

How many toys of Cotylorhynchus have been made?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Newt

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 21, 2019, 02:44:33 PM
Quote from: Newt on April 20, 2019, 12:21:36 AM
Quote from: suspsy on April 19, 2019, 09:26:47 PM
How many toys of Cotylorhynchus have been made?

Not enough.

Correct. I think it's actually 0 toys, although Acheson makes an unpainted miniature: https://achesoncreations.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=717&virtuemart_category_id=50

Zero? That is very saddening. Here's hoping that CollectA or Safari will deliver us from our plight next year.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Yeah, not to pick a fight, but this is why I'm so down on new figures of commonly made species. To me each of those is a missed opportunity for a weirdo like Cotylorhynchus or Sphenacodon or what-have-you.

Bokisaurus

True true. Yeah, maybe CollectA will start giving us some :))

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Bokisaurus on April 22, 2019, 04:43:19 PM
True true. Yeah, maybe CollectA will start giving us some :))

Or Safari or even PNSO.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.