News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Charlie Brown Farms

Started by joossa, April 04, 2015, 11:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

I visited a local tourist shop called Charlie Brown Farms. They have a ton of different stuff and among said stuff, they have dinosaur figures and other dino items. I visit every couple of months, and went this morning. They had a ton of new dino items for sale and wanted to share pictures that I took. What's funny is that some things are clearly over-priced while there are some hidden gems that are under-priced.

To start, they have huge dino models outside of the store on display. The raptor has been a favorite.

Some mounts and larger figures:

Pirated figures! These ranged from $2 to $4 USD. I'm pretty sure I have seen them in another thread on this board. I also liked the labels on the box.

They had some heavier statues of Dinos. I've never seen most of these before.

I totally fell in love with this stego statue, but at $42 USD, it was a little out of my budget. I may go back and get it later. Does anyone know anything about it?

Finally, the figures and toys!
This dino egg, I noticed, has the Papo raptor pictured on it.

These dino heads have small and medium dino toys inside!

Lots of Wild Safari, Carnegie, Papo, and CollectA. All legit.

I was surprised... They had three or four of the Carnegie Apatosaurus for $20 USD. All were in great condition, so I picked one up. :)

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Roselaar

Looks pretty neat! The dinosaurs are a bit retro, but cool all the same. The shop is definitely a mixed bag, with sinister rip-offs next to their originals. You should totally get that Stegosaur model though, it looks very nice.

SpittersForEver

Looks cool, I like the head mounts of the dinosaurs.

Arul

Wow very nice, i love the dimetrodon  :D

Shadowknight1

lol @ Papo Carnotaurus, Dimetrodon, and Archaeopteryx in a bin labeled Safari, ltd.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

amargasaurus cazaui

I counted something like three carnegie psittacosaurus? What were they asking for them? It is a tough figure to get anymore....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Takama

WOW all that Prehistoric Merchandise. Makes me Mad that we have no such shop here in Iowa :'(

Kayakasaurus

Wow that is a gold mine! (Overpriced gold) that Is so funny they have the knock offs with the original brands
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

joossa

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 05, 2015, 05:14:23 PM
I counted something like three carnegie psittacosaurus? What were they asking for them? It is a tough figure to get anymore....

They only had one. I moved it around to take the pictures. It was untagged and had no price. The cashiers don't know about rarity or about the figures themselves, so if you have one at check out that doesn't have a tag on it, they will guess a "fair price" at check out and get the okay with you. They are serving a lot of customers at any given time (they have a farmer's market and sell other goods too), so they don't pay attention to much of what's in front of them, especially if they consider it a toy.

With untagged figures, I have walked away with some older Carnegie and WS models each for a couple dollars in years past when I have visited. This last time I went, I noticed they had the Carnegie Psittacosaurus, Dilophosaurus, and the Corythosaurus. All without tags. So, it's up in the air as to what their prices may be, but it's pretty certain it would be a couple dollars for each, depending on the cashier. I bet you could even haggle the price even if it's well below the actual value to begin with. The only downside is that they sometimes have some scuff marks from kids throwing them around in the bins.

ON the flip side things that look "nice" end up being more expensive. I think the Papo spinosaurus and sitting and running rex were about $10 above the normal price. Go figure...
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Kayakasaurus

"Go figure" I love it  ;) it seems so much of the time whether a model is considered "nice" by the general public depends on the paint job. Especially if it has a couple layers of dark brown or green. The paint you can change but I think the sculpt is the most important part
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

amargasaurus cazaui

Joose if you go again and find more psittacosaurus grab them up , nevermind the scuffs, I have them repainted mostly anyways or autographed so pfft. I will make right on them plus....I tend to hoard those.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.