News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What three Ceratopsians should SafariLTD make?

Started by Takama, June 02, 2015, 05:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What three Ceratopsians should SafariLTD make?

Anchiceratops
6 (10%)
Aquilops
14 (23.3%)
Arrhinoceratops
4 (6.7%)
Centrosaurus
20 (33.3%)
Coronosaurus
4 (6.7%)
Einiosaurus
19 (31.7%)
Kosmoceratops
11 (18.3%)
Leptoceratops Remake
5 (8.3%)
Medusaceratops
7 (11.7%)
Pentaceratops
9 (15%)
Protoceratops
21 (35%)
Styracosaurus remake
10 (16.7%)
Spinops
3 (5%)
Triceratops remake
6 (10%)
Torosaurus
10 (16.7%)
Utahceratops
1 (1.7%)
A Pachycephalasaur or other Ceratopsian
11 (18.3%)
Psittacosaurus
20 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

DinoLord

Quote from: Doug Watson on June 07, 2015, 02:16:34 AM
Quote from: Takama on June 07, 2015, 01:47:35 AM
I was assuming that one or two of the Listed Ceratopsians was is slated for the next one or two years.

Hey you could be right, or then again you could be wrong, or you could be half right, or you could be...........

I'll tkae that as a confirmation..  ;D

Takama

amargasaurus cazaui

I am betting a psittacosaurus just magically appears the coming few years.....just cause.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Chasmosaur

I'm in favor of the older ones that have frequently appeared in dinosaur books.

1. Chasmosaurus
2. Einiosaurus (I voted for this but Centrosaurus would be a really good one as well)
3. Pentaceratops

Takama

Bump

Voting will be Closed at the end of the year

ceratopsian

I voted for Protoceratops - I have the ancient Carnegie version with youngster and nest and would love to have an up-to-date sculpt.  Protoceratops is a favourite because it reminds me of my childhood and the excitement of reading about expeditions to Mongolia! Then Einiosaurus - it's so memorable and easily identifiable but I haven't found one to add to my collection in any cheap range of models.  And finally Regaliceratops: it's new, exciting, has a well preserved skull and the frill is markedly different from similar animals.

Halichoeres

Quote from: ceratopsian on September 20, 2015, 04:12:12 PM
I voted for Protoceratops - I have the ancient Carnegie version with youngster and nest and would love to have an up-to-date sculpt.  Protoceratops is a favourite because it reminds me of my childhood and the excitement of reading about expeditions to Mongolia! Then Einiosaurus - it's so memorable and easily identifiable but I haven't found one to add to my collection in any cheap range of models.  And finally Regaliceratops: it's new, exciting, has a well preserved skull and the frill is markedly different from similar animals.

Learning Curve made an Einiosaurus for the Dinosaur Train line, but maybe not quite what you're looking for...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

profnik

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Went for Aquilops, Coronosaurus, and Einiosaurus (of course ;D). But seriosly, we need some ceratopsid variety in the market, i don't really have any more room for another Triceratops! ;D
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 20, 2015, 04:41:40 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on September 20, 2015, 04:12:12 PM
... Then Einiosaurus - it's so memorable and easily identifiable but I haven't found one to add to my collection in any cheap range of models.  ...

Learning Curve made an Einiosaurus for the Dinosaur Train line, but maybe not quite what you're looking for...

Thank you - yes, I was aware of this Einiosaurus but it's not for me.  I aim for a good dose of authenticity and want my toys to be "model-like"!  So I'm waiting in hope....

Kovu

Centrosaurus needs some love, I can't really think of any mass-produced figures of one. Same with Einiosaurus, the dinosaur train one is adorable and I totally have it sitting on a bookshelf somewhere, but it's more of a knick-knacky situation and I don't consider it as part of my collection.  I also voted for "other ceratopsian" - Chasmosaurus hasn't really gotten enough love either. I kind of think we need nice figures of some of the "classic" ceratopsians before they get forgotten with all the cool new kids on the block.

Rogue1stClass

Psitticosaurus, because I want on the bandwagon.

Arrhinoceratops, because I'm still a rebel (also, William Stout)

Triceratops, because there somehow still isn't a particularly good one out that costs less than $100.

tyrantqueen

QuoteTriceratops, because there somehow still isn't a particularly good one out that costs less than $100.
The Favorite Ltd. Triceratops is reasonably accurate and cost me £35. The sculpt is also gorgeous.

Patrx

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 29, 2015, 06:51:01 PM
QuoteTriceratops, because there somehow still isn't a particularly good one out that costs less than $100.
The Favorite Ltd. Triceratops is reasonably accurate and cost me £35. The sculpt is also gorgeous.

D'you mean the Favorite Soft Model by Kazunari Araki, or the Favorite Desktop Model by Takashi Oda?
Both are quite nice, but the latter is particularly brilliant, missing the mark in only one area - the number of claws on the otherwise accurate forelimbs. I ask because £35 seems like a lot to pay for the Soft Model, but conversely a really good deal on the Desktop Model.

Shonisaurus

I would like regardless of the options that I have chosen.

Anchiceratops, Chasmosaurus and ahrrinoceratops. They are classic ceratópsidos I like to see because they are unfairly undervalued by toy companies dinosaur.

Moreover I would also like though as a fourth option other lesser known as the diceratops.

Rogue1stClass

I have the Soft Model (sitting on my desk right now, actually) and while it's good, it's a little sickly and blue and not nearly as good as the Styracosaurus. The desktop versions are part of what I meant with "under $100". Three are some really good statues and kits, but not much in the way of really good toys. The Favorite is probably the best, with the Papo and Safaris coming up behind, but are so many better models of similar animals in those and other lines.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Rogue1stClass on September 30, 2015, 12:52:05 AM

I have the Soft Model (sitting on my desk right now, actually) and while it's good, it's a little sickly and blue and not nearly as good as the Styracosaurus. The desktop versions are part of what I meant with "under $100". Three are some really good statues and kits, but not much in the way of really good toys. The Favorite is probably the best, with the Papo and Safaris coming up behind, but are so many better models of similar animals in those and other lines.
Oh, I meant the green one, not the blue one. Greenie is much nicer.

And yes, this particular model cost me £35 (about $50).

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.