News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

3D Dinosaur Prints from Primal Carnage

Started by Pachyrhinosaurus, March 06, 2015, 01:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

After a few rounds of Primal Carnage, I went on their website to see if there were any updates. I saw a merchandise section, and was eventually led to this:
https://sandboxr.com/user/shop.php?world=60
It appears that you can have the characters (including dinosaurs) printed in figure form. The program requires a base to print, however the model can be made to your liking, as far as pose. The only thing I don't like is the black between the feathers of the oviraptor and feathered raptor model. I just thought I'd share if anyone's interested.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

tyrantqueen

Interesting. I have no interest in those models or that game, though.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I remember when they started out with only one model to purchase.  Has anyone ordered any of these?

tanystropheus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 06, 2015, 03:10:31 PM

How do you find it interesting if you have no interest in it?  C:-) >:D

tyrantqueen

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 06, 2015, 09:04:18 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 06, 2015, 03:10:31 PM

How do you find it interesting if you have no interest in it?  C:-) >:D

Hahaha, you're right

I've been staying up late again.

I mean that they look nice, but I don't have any interest beyond that.

Shadowknight1

Ah!  They have the feathered raptor now!

Really wish my computer was up to playing that game, I've loved what little I have played.  Games where you can play AS dinosaurs = WIN.

EDIT: Ordered a small model of the feathered raptor mid-stride, I'll let you guys know what I think when it comes in.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

joossa

Never played the game, but have seen videos of the gameplay and it looks very fun and the dino models are very fluid and have great skins to choose from.

Looked around the net and the 3D models don't look look that good, IMO considering the price.

Here's a promo sample, which of course will look much better that those received in production:

And here are some people have posted:

More pictures here: http://primalcarnageforums.com/showthread.php?2204-Some-sandboxr-figurine-PICTURES
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

stargatedalek

If you look at the first spinosaurus and compare it to the last it shows you how far they have come in the past few years (yes, those two are the same size). But regardless $30 (+unknown amount of shipping!) for a model that size and with such QC concerns is not something I'd be willing to risk.

Shadowknight1

Honestly, having bought the smallest size of the feathered raptor, they're not worth it in small scale.  They lose a LOT of detail.  Honestly, I don't think the material is a good one for figurines as it's incredibly fragile.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?