News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mighty mighty mosasaurs

Started by DinoToyForum, April 03, 2012, 01:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: suspsy on May 09, 2019, 04:52:18 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on May 09, 2019, 04:40:41 PM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 08, 2019, 08:43:46 AM
very nice! I have always found marine reptiles to be some of the most underepresented next to pterosaurs in the market but it seems i am entirely wrong.

There are like 6 or 8 genera of prehistoric marine reptiles that have plenty of decent figures, but literally hundreds of others that have never been made well.

Indeed. There are plenty of fantastic mosasaurs and pliosaurs, yet Tylosaurus, Mosasaurus, Kronosaurus, and Liopleurodon have enjoyed the T. rex's share, so to speak, of the toys. Personally, I'd love to see Prognathodon or Megacephalosaurus get some love.

Same goes for elasmosaurs and ichthyosaurs. And nothosaurs have nearly nothing.

Im surprised Elasmosaurus is struggling. I thought it was more popular than Plesiosaurus given that its the one with the longer neck that people tend to confuse for a plesio that is smaller.

Bokisaurus

A few good mosasaurs joins in :))
PNSO mini Ectenosaurus
[]

TAKARA TOMY ARTS Mosasaurs
[

And this Dollar store Mosasaur figure from Boley
[]

Reuben03

Who here is a Mosasaur expert? I need help designing something

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

TethysaurusUK

Quote from: Reuben03 on February 01, 2021, 08:21:56 AM

You called??

Reuben03

Quote from: TethysaurusUK on February 06, 2021, 08:26:20 PM
Quote from: Reuben03 on February 01, 2021, 08:21:56 AM

You called??
Ah yes thank you! ive been meaning to message u, let me get what i need and i'll email you soon, thanks so much!

JimoAi

Hi may I ask what scale is the CollectA mosasaurus? In general are mosasaurus 12 to 13 metres long or up to 15 to 18 metres

SenSx

Extremely beautiful !

I just love the Sideshow Mosasaurus, I wish we could get the same design with as much details at a smaller scale.

Halichoeres

Quote from: JimoAi on October 19, 2021, 07:39:35 AM
Hi may I ask what scale is the CollectA mosasaurus? In general are mosasaurus 12 to 13 metres long or up to 15 to 18 metres

avatar_JimoAi @JimoAi sorry I'm seeing this very late but the CollectA is 1:50-1:60 based on a length of 15-17 meters, although 12-13 meters is a more plausible typical length.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Reuben03

the year is 2024 and still he we are with NO safari ltd mosasaurs toob in existence. and if you are looking to buy a mosasaur toy with any kind of posing feature/articulation you better abandon all hope of good proportions or anything without jurassic world spikes.

is mattel making any more mosasaurs as far as we know? platecarpus? tylosaurus? prognathodon? clidastes? globidens? goronyosaurus? its crazy that some of these DONT even have figures.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Reuben03 on February 01, 2024, 04:39:58 PMthe year is 2024 and still he we are with NO safari ltd mosasaurs toob in existence. and if you are looking to buy a mosasaur toy with any kind of posing feature/articulation you better abandon all hope of good proportions or anything without jurassic world spikes.

is mattel making any more mosasaurs as far as we know? platecarpus? tylosaurus? prognathodon? clidastes? globidens? goronyosaurus? its crazy that some of these DONT even have figures.

That is, if you don't count the beautiful resin kit by Cen Dao Yi, or the couple plastic toys out there of the Ice Age II antagonists.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Flaffy

Quote from: Reuben03 on February 01, 2024, 04:39:58 PMis mattel making any more mosasaurs as far as we know? platecarpus? tylosaurus? prognathodon? clidastes? globidens? goronyosaurus? its crazy that some of these DONT even have figures.

Been wanting a good Platecarpus and Globidens for ages. The latter in particular I hope will be in an open mouth pose to show-off its unique round teeth.

Reuben03

Quote from: Flaffy on February 01, 2024, 05:07:16 PM
Quote from: Reuben03 on February 01, 2024, 04:39:58 PMis mattel making any more mosasaurs as far as we know? platecarpus? tylosaurus? prognathodon? clidastes? globidens? goronyosaurus? its crazy that some of these DONT even have figures.

Been wanting a good Platecarpus and Globidens for ages. The latter in particular I hope will be in an open mouth pose to show-off its unique round teeth.
i agree, although i hope it will be posable action figure (hoping for 1/18th scale) because we NEED posable mosasaur figures.

Reuben03

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 01, 2024, 04:57:48 PM
Quote from: Reuben03 on February 01, 2024, 04:39:58 PMthe year is 2024 and still he we are with NO safari ltd mosasaurs toob in existence. and if you are looking to buy a mosasaur toy with any kind of posing feature/articulation you better abandon all hope of good proportions or anything without jurassic world spikes.

That is, if you don't count the beautiful resin kit by Cen Dao Yi, or the couple plastic toys out there of the Ice Age II antagonists.

HAHA i love those two, cretaceous and maelstrom are both awesome character design.

CityRaptor

Meh...those suck.

Maybe if we got a toyline based on Dinosaur Sanctuary. They got Globidens.
https://dinopedia.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000000125704
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Reuben03 on February 01, 2024, 04:39:58 PMif you are looking to buy a mosasaur toy with any kind of posing feature/articulation you better abandon all hope of good proportions or anything without jurassic world spikes.
How off are the proportions on the Plannosaurus mosasaurus? It looks pretty good to me. (Granted, I'm not too well versed in mosasaur anatomy so it could have some weird quirks)

Reuben03

Quote from: crazy8wizard on February 01, 2024, 09:40:23 PM
Quote from: Reuben03 on February 01, 2024, 04:39:58 PMif you are looking to buy a mosasaur toy with any kind of posing feature/articulation you better abandon all hope of good proportions or anything without jurassic world spikes.
How off are the proportions on the Plannosaurus mosasaurus? It looks pretty good to me. (Granted, I'm not too well versed in mosasaur anatomy so it could have some weird quirks)

fantastic mention its literally perfect. i adore it. i had one until it got damaged recently and im now reminded and very annoyed. it wasnt even me who did it!

my dream is that exact model with harder plastic in 1/18th scale.

best mosasaur figure ever hands down 9/10 make it bigger (huge)

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Reuben03 on February 01, 2024, 11:47:16 PM
Quote from: crazy8wizard on February 01, 2024, 09:40:23 PM
I'm looking forward to the Plannosaurus Pteranodon since its flying pose is honestly one of the best I know of. If BanDai decides to make a Plannosaurus Ophthalmosaurus or Kronosaurus I would go absolutely nuts. (especially since there's an even more disproportionate lack of articulated ichthyosaur figures)

fantastic mention its literally perfect. i adore it. i had one until it got damaged recently and im now reminded and very annoyed. it wasnt even me who did it!

my dream is that exact model with harder plastic in 1/18th scale.

best mosasaur figure ever hands down 9/10 make it bigger (huge)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.