News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter” [updated]

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, January 13, 2015, 08:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victoria's Cantina

Over a week later and it's still holding up. Considering that my first one started sagging the same day, I'd say they fixed it.

Viking Spawn

Woorah Victoria!  Its been several months for mine with no problems either.

Erwinonychus

Great news Victoria

Guess the problem is solved after all! Hopefully rebor will continue to make dynamic poses on their deinonychus trio

Dobber

Congrats Victoria  :)

I wonder, if this model had Primaries on it's wings would people have liked it more? Is this missing primaries the main issue for most?

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Shadowknight1

I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Dobber

Yeah, I forgot about the lower jaw too. I remember asking/pointing that out when the first pictures started appearing. Ultimately, I did buy this figure.....believe it or not I don't hate REBOR's products, despite what some people here may think, I've always said they have tremendous talent and the execution of their models, i.e. Paint and finish is second to none IMO. I just wish they would go more scientifically accurate, BUT I DO UNDERSTAND THAT THAT IS NOT WHAT THEY WANT TO DO  ;) so I can accept the figures for what they are....to a point. I've been considering trying to scratch build some primaries for it's wings to see how it would look on this figure...but I don't think I could match REBOR's detailing.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

CityRaptor

The Winter Version should have been their Yutyrannus to begin with. Molting does not work like that. The only reason why I don't consider it the worst Yutyrannus model out there ( at least from a scientific standpoint ) is because there is a bootleg of it.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

To me, the Utahraptor should of looked like this

That is a fan art posted on there Facebook. I commented asking if they be Mad if i stated that i think its better then the real model, ansd surprise, they agreed with me, that it is indeed better then there own work :o

tyrantqueen

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Victoria B on March 08, 2016, 01:52:37 AM
Over a week later and it's still holding up. Considering that my first one started sagging the same day, I'd say they fixed it.

Bumping to ask.  Victoria, is your second Utahraptor still standing true, or has it started sagging?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on November 06, 2016, 06:59:11 AM
Quote from: Victoria B on March 08, 2016, 01:52:37 AM

Bumping to ask.  Victoria, is your second Utahraptor still standing true, or has it started sagging?

I would say it's at least 90% of what it was in that photo. It started sagging just a tiny bit, so I have it propped up with one of those clear polycarbonate pieces. Definitely an improvement from the first one I had gotten, but it still ended up leaning just a tiny bit as my Winston is now doing as well.

Ceratosaurus

Thinking about purchasing this model. Has anyone else purchased this model recently? Just wondering if the leaning issue has been completely fixed or if a whether a clear polycarbonate rod is necessary?
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Atokensis

Does anyone know if the Utahraptor still falls down over time?

Thanks.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Atokensis on March 11, 2018, 06:41:10 AM
Does anyone know if the Utahraptor still falls down over time?

Thanks.

I got mine a couple months ago from Everything Dinosaur. The peg that is inserted into the leg and the base is slightly longer than the old version. Make sure it goes in as far as possible. So far mine hasn't dipped where I notice. I also believe they start it at an upward angle just in case it does dip slightly.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Shonisaurus

My utahraptor gives himself in terms of stability. It is also true that I bought that figure when it was put on sale from the first moment in online stores.

Atokensis

Thank you for the responses, both of you.

According to Rebor (on their facebook), it has already been fixed 3 years ago.

Atokensis

I think I will pass on rebor's Utahraptor, I do really ADORE the paint scheme but I really hands bother me every time I look at it.

It should look like this!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.