News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo's next herbivore for 2018

Started by Irritation, July 21, 2017, 08:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which herbivore do you want Papo to make in 2018?

Iguanodon
16 (41%)
Centrosaurus
11 (28.2%)
Sauropelta
6 (15.4%)
Edmontosaurus
8 (20.5%)
Corythosaurus
10 (25.6%)
Tuojiangosaurus
7 (17.9%)
Gallimimus
8 (20.5%)
Torosaurus
7 (17.9%)
Lambeosaurus
11 (28.2%)
Stygimoloch
5 (12.8%)
Kentrosaurus
4 (10.3%)
Protoceratops
4 (10.3%)
Baby Parasaurolophus
1 (2.6%)
Dracorex
3 (7.7%)
Camptosaurus
6 (15.4%)
Plateosaurus
10 (25.6%)
Ouranosaurus
16 (41%)
Psittacosaurus
0 (0%)
Stygimoloch
0 (0%)
Pawpawsaurus
2 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Irritation

Hope you have a good time voting. Just note this is for fan made purposes only.
Plus you can vote for more than one.

Jose S.M.

I would buy an Iguanodon even if I already have the ws one, I would never replace it but I do want one a bit bigger and don't mind having 2  if they are both as great as the W.S one.
Centrosaurus would be nice, I think they can make a good one. I don't see Papo making herbivores like Edmontosaurus or Camptosaurus, I would love it if they do, but I think they go usually for more "adorned animals, thats why I voted Torosaurus and Ouranosaurus for the other two, the Tuojiangosaurus would be cool too.

Irritation

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on July 21, 2017, 08:30:12 PM
I would buy an Iguanodon even if I already have the ws one, I would never replace it but I do want one a bit bigger and don't mind having 2  if they are both as great as the W.S one.
Centrosaurus would be nice, I think they can make a good one. I don't see Papo making herbivores like Edmontosaurus or Camptosaurus, I would love it if they do, but I think they go usually for more "adorned animals, thats why I voted Torosaurus and Ouranosaurus for the other two, the Tuojiangosaurus would be cool too.
I really hope they make Iguanodon as well! I would get a whole herd of the model.

Takama

I voted Iguanodon, Because it was rumored for years, and i want it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also Voted Corythosaurus because they need more Ornithopods

And I voted Plateosaurus, because I had a dream that I found one made by them in a bookstore.

Irritation

//
Quote from: Takama on July 21, 2017, 09:48:37 PM
I voted Iguanodon, Because it was rumored for years, and i want it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also Voted Corythosaurus because they need more Ornithopods

And I voted Plateosaurus, because I had a dream that I found one made by them in a bookstore.
I can relate to dreaming Papo and Schleich making unexpected dinosaurs. Papo with a Diabloceratops, an Edmontosaurus and a Therizinosaurus and Schleich with a blue suchomimus and a red carcharodontosaurus

Shonisaurus

My votes are: centrosaurus, tuijiangosaurus, ouranosaurus and centrosaurus.

I would like a centrosaurus not made to scale in the style of styracosaurus Collecta as maximum or pachyrhinosaurus of the same factory at least as far as size. It is a very underrated figure in the toy market among so many other dinosaurs and prehistoric animals.

I would also like a stygimoloch is not well represented or better represented in the toy market.

On the other hand the tuijiangosaurus and ouranosaurus are two species still quite dark and of ouranosaurus except the one of Battat we do not have figures within which it fits acceptable of the Recur is not made of solid PVC, the one of Collecta belongs to his dark time, the one of Schleich is out of the picture and very bad.

And for now ouranosaurus has not made the Safari or Favorite company to put two examples.

ZoPteryx

I voted for Centrosaurus, Gallimimus, Plateosaurus, and Ouranosaurus because none currently have particularly good figures in production.  I'm not sure Papo could do that... but it's worth a shot!  :))

BlueKrono

Quote from: ZoPteryx on July 24, 2017, 02:03:14 AM
I voted for Centrosaurus, Gallimimus, Plateosaurus, and Ouranosaurus because none currently have particularly good figures in production.  I'm not sure Papo could do that... but it's worth a shot!  :))

You don't think the Battat Ourano's any good?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Jose S.M.

Quote from: BlueKrono on July 24, 2017, 02:24:12 AM

Maybe he meant The currently easy and not expensive to get Ouranosaurus are not that good. The Battat one is lovely but elusive (and most times expensive) now.

laticauda

A Papo Corythosaurus would be gorgeous.   I also voted for Centrosaurus, Tuijiangosaurus, Ouranosaurus. 

Halichoeres

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on July 24, 2017, 04:16:11 AM

Maybe he meant The currently easy and not expensive to get Ouranosaurus are not that good. The Battat one is lovely but elusive (and most times expensive) now.

Yeah, Zopteryx said "in production," which, as far as we know, does not apply to the Battat. Maybe soon...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Patrx

Camptosaurus would be great! I'm not sure anyone's made one yet.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Patrx on July 25, 2017, 03:49:54 PM
Camptosaurus would be great! I'm not sure anyone's made one yet.

He did one in his day Collecta. It is still in the market.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 24, 2017, 04:42:37 PM
Quote from: Jose_S.M. on July 24, 2017, 04:16:11 AM

Yeah, Zopteryx said "in production," which, as far as we know, does not apply to the Battat. Maybe soon...

Precisely.  I do think the Battat Ourano is very good, probably the best, but it's not exactly easy to get.  ;)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.