News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Blade-of-the-Moon

Placement of the baby makes sense if it's trying to protect it. I keep thinking all the pieces would look best on islands for display.

Are there pegs in the baby's feet? If not it could placed wherever you want it.

I'd say the Trike is scaled well against the Rex from the pics so they can go together. Triceratops was HUGE, not long but just massive.

joossa

Guys, I'm eying the Tyrant King statue from afar. He may end up in my possession soon. Every time I look at it, it keeps looking better and better.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Dyscrasia

I got notified that mine will arrive sometime in mid August  :-[

But I can't wait to put it along with the T. rex statue though  ;D

J.R.S T REX

I like the Stegasaurus Maquette (new version), T Rex the Tyrant King, and the Carnosaurus Maquette.

Dobber

Well, I was just notified that my first payment for the Ceratosaurus was made. I hope it turns out nice. I don't want another Carnotaurus situation.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Charlie P. on March 06, 2016, 02:39:58 AM
I'm not into Sideshow, but I wonder what's the difference between maquette and statue? Aren't all Sideshows polystone sculptures?

Maquettes are small scale, "rough draft" models, used by sculptors in preparation for larger sculptures. If we were to make a comparison with 2D media, it would be the same thing as a sketch. So really, SS statues aren't maquettes at all, at least in the classical context of the word.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Charlie P. on March 06, 2016, 02:39:58 AM
I'm not into Sideshow, but I wonder what's the difference between maquette and statue? Aren't all Sideshows polystone sculptures?

There isn't really a difference. This is just the way Sideshow name their products.
They labelled their single species pieces as "maquettes".
Lately (with the release of the Mosasaur) this has changed. The solo pieces are now called "statues". Don't ask me why :-\.
I thought it was best to give the models the exact Sideshow labelling.

postsaurischian

:)  Page 1 of this thread has been repaired and is Photobucket-free now.
       Because we have new statues, the poll has been updated and all vote counts have been reset to 0.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.