News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

joossa

What a monster!  :))

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 10, 2015, 07:00:53 AM
Quote from: joossa on May 10, 2015, 04:41:15 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 09, 2015, 07:26:06 AM
Quote from: joossa on May 09, 2015, 06:35:39 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 09, 2015, 04:03:17 AM
Nice pics!  I think natural sunlight always makes a piece look best!
I agree. Very nice!

I still cry myself to sleep at night over the Carnotaurus and how the paint app turned out. I really wanted one. :(

You could always purchase it and have it repainted.  Martin I think is working on a couple of his now.

Problem is, I don't know how to paint/airbrush. I would have to commission it and it would likely come at a pretty penny. Do you have a ballpark estimate on how much such a commission would cost so I can get a general idea?

I'd ballpark around 50-100.00 from Martin? Just my guess. If you email him he could give you an exact quote.
Oh, that's not that bad at all. I may consider it in the future when my bank account has recovered a little bit for the previous months' purchases. I'll PM you since you seem to have the right connections. ;) And pardon my ignorance, but I think I have knowingly only come across Martin's work only on a few occasions. I would want to see more and any Carno repaints to see how they turn out.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: joossa on May 13, 2015, 06:54:15 AM
What a monster!  :))

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 10, 2015, 07:00:53 AM
Quote from: joossa on May 10, 2015, 04:41:15 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 09, 2015, 07:26:06 AM
Quote from: joossa on May 09, 2015, 06:35:39 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 09, 2015, 04:03:17 AM
Nice pics!  I think natural sunlight always makes a piece look best!
I agree. Very nice!

I still cry myself to sleep at night over the Carnotaurus and how the paint app turned out. I really wanted one. :(

You could always purchase it and have it repainted.  Martin I think is working on a couple of his now.

Problem is, I don't know how to paint/airbrush. I would have to commission it and it would likely come at a pretty penny. Do you have a ballpark estimate on how much such a commission would cost so I can get a general idea?

I'd ballpark around 50-100.00 from Martin? Just my guess. If you email him he could give you an exact quote.
Oh, that's not that bad at all. I may consider it in the future when my bank account has recovered a little bit for the previous months' purchases. I'll PM you since you seem to have the right connections. ;) And pardon my ignorance, but I think I have knowingly only come across Martin's work only on a few occasions. I would want to see more and any Carno repaints to see how they turn out.

I'd keep an eye on his facebook page or DA account :
https://www.facebook.com/martin.garratt.18 or http://baryonyx-walkeri.deviantart.com/

joossa

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Arul

No doubt for that trex extraordinary

rfdelgado

I was sad to see the Euoplacepholus not get love in the poll, it's one of my favorites, though I'm having a tougher time naming a favorite these days, the line is so cool.

Dobber

Does anyone know if the Apatosaurus and Camarasaurus vs. Allosaurus statues are relatively in scale with each other?

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Dyscrasia

Quote from: Dobber on May 26, 2015, 11:26:13 AM
Does anyone know if the Apatosaurus and Camarasaurus vs. Allosaurus statues are relatively in scale with each other?

Chris

I think they are in similar scale. Actually, the Krent T. rex is also in similar scale to those two statues.

Dyscrasia

Quote from: rfdelgado on May 25, 2015, 09:31:41 PM
I was sad to see the Euoplacepholus not get love in the poll, it's one of my favorites, though I'm having a tougher time naming a favorite these days, the line is so cool.

One of the main reason might be because not a lot of SSC Dinosauria fans actually own that one :-[ . I hope that a repaint version of it may be available sometime in the near future.

Arul

Have you ever seen this before ? Is this include to the new sideshow for 2015 or its just customed by someone ? I got it on Fb without any explanation by the thread starter...

Dobber

It's a limited edition repaint of the Mosasaurus statue. It's called the Amber Mosasaurus. SS sent me an email about it a few weeks ago. I think it's due out very soon.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Arul

Ohh okay. I prefer the old mosasaur but for the base i prefer the new one. Well sideshow mosasaur is very beauty its my favorite

tyrantqueen

It's nice but I prefer the old paint. The grey colouration made more sense for a large marine animal. It reminds me a lot of their Stegosaurus too.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Dobber on June 26, 2015, 01:12:42 PM
It's a limited edition repaint of the Mosasaurus statue. It's called the Amber Mosasaurus. SS sent me an email about it a few weeks ago. I think it's due out very soon.

Chris

The Sideshow Mosasaur "Amber" is a 400 worldwide limited edition and it's still available (  https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dinosauria-mosasaur-amber-sideshow-collectibles-2003613/ ).
But I prefer the original paint scheme....   ;)

Arul

Emm btw what is Amber actually means ? Hehe

tyrantqueen

Quote from: ARUL on June 29, 2015, 04:44:31 PM
Emm btw what is Amber actually means ? Hehe
Amber is a colour, in between yellow and orange. It also refers to fossilised tree resin. It looks like this:

I think the name of "Amber" is referring to the bright colour the artist chose for the paintjob. Also there is the connection of amber to the JP movies, where there was a mosquito trapped in amber.

CityRaptor

Yes, it looks amber in color. Isn't it also a female name? Great, now I clearly see this one as a girl.  If one has both Mosasaurs, they could make a dance of seadragons!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tanystropheus

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 29, 2015, 05:06:03 PM
Yes, it looks amber in color. Isn't it also a female name? Great, now I clearly see this one as a girl.  If one has both Mosasaurs, they could make a dance of seadragons!

..or a heart-shape embrace.

I'm not sure which color I like better, though.

CityRaptor

Well, that is what I meant with a dance of seadragons. Ofcourse it would be rather expensive to do that.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Arul

Ohh so its a color name okay now i know thx  :D

omgmarclol

over at sideshowfreaks, it looks like the first of the trikes have started shipping. user simfeliz has posted some shots

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: