News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mammal figure suggestion

Started by Brocc21, October 07, 2019, 10:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brocc21

So I've been meaning to expand my collection from mainly Dinosaurs to other prehistoric animals. And right now I'm looking for mammal figures. Does any one have suggestions for extinct mammal figures?
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Faelrin

Both Safari Ltd and CollectA have some really nice ones available currently. Mojo used too have some nice ones as well but they may or may not be retired now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

CollectA Elasmotherium for sure!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Ravonium

Do you have any scale preferences?

If so, then I'll post an updated reply later (although it is nighttime where I live, so that'll be a while).

If not, then here's some of my recommendations:

Smilodon: CollectA (newer one)
Woolly Mammoth: Carnegie*
Woolly Rhino: Papo*
Cave Bear: Schleich*
Macrauchenia: Safari Ltd
Daeodon: Safari Ltd
Hyaenodon: Safari Ltd
Uintatherium: CollectA
Arsinoitherium: CollectA
Megatherium: Safari Ltd
Andrewsarchus: CollectA
Megacerops: CollectA EDIT: After thinking about it, I think I'd say Safari Ltd now.
Steppe Mammoth: EoFauna
Deinotherium: Wait for the upcoming EoFauna version
Basilosaurus: PNSO
Gomphotherium: CollectA

*discontinued

These are all the ones I can think of right now that have multiple non-miniature PVC/vinyl figures.

BlueKrono

The CollectA Andrewsarchus is one of my all-time favorites. I also love their "Hell Pig", the Daeodon.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

SBell

If you can find them, several of the Bullyland prehistoric mammals are excellent.

The Eofauna Palaeoloxodon is also good.

Shonisaurus

My recommendations are as follows:

Elasmotherium Collecta 2019 (highly recommended)
Megacerops Collecta (highly recommended)
Amebelodon Safari
Andrewsarchus Collecta
Hyaenodon Safari
Entelodon Collecta
Hyaenodon AAA (can sometimes be found on Amazon or eBay) even if discontinued
Deinotherium Eofauna (highly recommended)
Palaeoloxodon antiquus Eofauna
Mammoth Carnegie (discontinued) (highly recommended)
Smilodon Collecta (modern version)
PNSO Basilosaurus (highly recommended)
Diprotodon Soutland Replicas (highly recommended)
Thylacoleo Soutland Replicas
Macrauchenia (Safari) and the discontinued Schleich the latter you can find mainly in the European market
Megatherium Bullyland discontinued
Kelenken Collecta
Coelodonta antiquitatis (woolly rhinoceros) Safari 2018
Mammoth Americanum Safari (highly recommended)
Uintatherium Collecta or Safari the two very good figures and is one of the most rare and exotic mammals for me by its rare body.
Entelodon Mojo (highly recommended)

I hope this helps.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 08, 2019, 09:04:18 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 07, 2019, 11:28:56 PM
Kelenken Collecta

"I'm not a mammal, but I eat them."

True, I said it on purpose is a bird of terror but to the Cenozoic being included for that reason, it is a figure that is not mammalian but equally impressive as the titanoboa, moa or haspagornis morei for giving three examples.

stegosauria

Nobody mentioned the CollectA Moropus. Bullyland had a few interesting species but those could be challenging to find (Anchitherium, Eusmilus, Megaloceros). You can check what's easy to track at EverythingDinosaur- they have a distinct category for prehistoric mammals.

Takama

Quote from: stegosauria on October 08, 2019, 05:05:17 PM
Nobody mentioned the CollectA Moropus. Bullyland had a few interesting species but those could be challenging to find (Anchitherium, Eusmilus, Megaloceros). You can check what's easy to track at EverythingDinosaur- they have a distinct category for prehistoric mammals.

Dejankins has some of them left (Megaloceros is not avalible though)

Geoworld has some Unique species that no one has made yet.  However, the Qulity is hit or miss

Libraraptor

Should you like "mammal-like reptiles", too (I know this term is obsolete, but I don´t know a better one), then I recommend Bullyland Procynosuchus, still highly collectible and already a classic.

And I recommend the AAA Entelodon, too - both versions are great, although the legs tend to bend over time.

Brocc21

Quote from: Libraraptor on October 09, 2019, 06:34:41 PM
Should you like "mammal-like reptiles", too (I know this term is obsolete, but I don´t know a better one)
Oh yes any suggestions for members of that family is very welcome. And I believe a better way to describe them is stem mammals.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I hope you don't mind, but since this is asking for mammal figures, does anyone know whether Machairodus or Homotherium have ever been made into figures? Or whether there is a figure of a sabre-toothed cat that looks similar enough to pass?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 10, 2019, 10:55:19 PM
I hope you don't mind, but since this is asking for mammal figures, does anyone know whether Machairodus or Homotherium have ever been made into figures? Or whether there is a figure of a sabre-toothed cat that looks similar enough to pass?

The Bullyland 58376 saber-toothed cat looks more like Machairodus than Smilodon, although I don't think it's labeled with either genus name. Starlux also made a Machairodus, but, well, it's Starlux.

My only mammal figures are:
Alphadon (Vivid)
Henkelotherium (Yujin)
Kollikodon (Yowie)
Koreasaltipes (Sonokong Dino Mecard)
Repenomamus (PaleoCreatures)
Steropodon (Yowie)
All of which can be seen on the Mesozoic mammals thread:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1838.0

For stem-mammals, I recommend this thread:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4938.0
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.