News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Poll: best JURASSIC PARK scene

Started by dragon53, April 29, 2020, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acro-man

Not the "T-rex breaks free" scene though?

There was a time in the 90's when 50% of stores would play this scene on their TVs to demonstrate to customers how impressive the visual and sound could be achieved on the products.
Then I would stop and watch everytime.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Gwangi

Always a fan of the Gallimimus scene myself.

PumperKrickel

Quote from: acro-man on April 30, 2020, 02:54:19 AM

There was a time in the 90's when 50% of stores would play this scene on their TVs to demonstrate to customers how impressive the visual and sound could be achieved on the products.

The fact that this scene isn´t mentioned at all automatically invalidates those results.

Over9K

Quote from: PumperKrickel on April 30, 2020, 07:31:13 AM

The fact that this scene isn´t mentioned at all automatically invalidates those results.

This.

That scene isn't just the best scene in Jurassic Park, it's the best scene in the Jurassic Park FRANCHISE. It encompasses the mixture of animatronics and CGI, practical effects, acting, art design, set design and decoration, sound editing/mixing, score, it stands to this day as the single greatest technical achievement of the incredible list of technical achievements in the storied career of the iconic special effects master, Stan Winston, it not only terrified an entire generation, it finally laid to rest the erroneous idea of dinosaurs as dimwitted, plodding, walnut-brained lizards and gave us the most beautiful Tyrannosaurs ever put to screen, to this day unsurpassed as a representation of a living dinosaur on screen.

That scene stands equal to scenes like Kong meeting Ann Darrow for the first time in 1933, Lector telling Clarice he knows she dreams of the screaming of the Lambs, Vader's reveal to Luke on Bespin, the Chestburster in Alien, Dorothy's arrival in Oz, "What's In The Box?!?", "I drink your milkshake!", "El-i-ot.", "Get away from her YOU BITCH!"

That scene is why we go to the movies. That scene IS Jurassic Park, that scene IS iconic, historic cinema. 

ITdactyl

I agree that "Rexy's rainy night breakout" IS the definitive Jurassic Park scene and was also surprised that it wasn't listed.

On a sidenote, I'm torn between 2 scenes as my favorite: "Brachiosaurus welcomes you to Jurassic Park" and the Gallimimus scene.

Sarapaurolophus

Yeah, T.Rex getting out of her enclosure is the scene in JP. Also, it's scary as f-
Especially if you watched it as a child. I did and to this day I still get anxious watching Lex and Tim shuffle around in that car. Everything in that scene is masterfully done, slowly building up the suspense and danger then fully revealing the T.Rex for the first time. It's also a major turning point in the plot.

The Brachio scene is just as memorable but has a different effect. I always saw the T.Rex breakout as a sort of sister scene to the Brachio encounter.

That being said, the entire movie might be one big favorite scene for me ;D
Simply the best, no sequel can come close to it. Ask me what my favorite scene from the other movies is, I would have some examples for 2 but 3 is already hard and JW I can't even talk about with a straight face because that franchise is one big joke to me.

Faelrin

For me it is also the breakout scene, and if not that, then the ending sequence from the raptors in the kitchen all the way to the end with the rex roaring triumphantly with the banner falling down. These are the scenes I immediately think of (other then the initial Brachiosaurus scene and the following visitor center one) when I think of this film, and they were certainly the ones that held my attention the most growing up in the early 90's, and perhaps even to this day although I now appreciate much more from the film (particularly the dialogue, such as the lunch scene, etc) then just those particular dinosaur action scenes.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gwangi

I was 9 years old when I first saw Jurassic Park in the theater. For me it wasn't the T. rex breakout or raptors in the kitchen scenes that scared me the most. Those scenes certainly transfixed me, maybe I was in too much awe to be scared. The T. rex breaking out and roaring still sends chills down my spine. But for me the most frightening scene was Nedry and his encounter with the Dilophosaurus. I knew something bad was going to happen to this man and couldn't handle the build up. Once he crashed the Jeep and was fumbling with the winch, and I heard the hooting in the woods, I was out of there. I hid my fear, I just casually left for a "bathroom break". I don't know how long I stood in that bathroom trying to gauge when the scene might be over but I stayed long enough that I missed the scene entirely, I could hear Nedry scream through the bathroom walls. Of course I went back to the theater a second (and third) time and I was determined to sit through the scene, which I proudly I did. That scene will always be significant to me, and is also why I have a soft spot for the JP Dilophosaurus.

Takama

Ian Malcolms Opinon at the Dinner Table?

We can pick any of the Dinosaur scenes we like. But I feel his speech about John Hammonds newly aquired abilitys is just as memorable as the Brachiosaurus Introduction, and the T.rex Break out Scene.

Honestly  I dare Say this is the Citizen Kane of Dinosaur movies if you ignore its sequils.   

DinoToyForum

Quote from: PumperKrickel on April 30, 2020, 07:31:13 AM

We should make our own poll here.

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on May 06, 2020, 11:08:45 PM
Ian Malcolms Opinon at the Dinner Table?

We can pick any of the Dinosaur scenes we like. But I feel his speech about John Hammonds newly aquired abilitys is just as memorable as the Brachiosaurus Introduction, and the T.rex Break out Scene.

Honestly  I dare Say this is the Citizen Kane of Dinosaur movies if you ignore its sequils.

All of the scenes involving character interactions are iconic and memorable. Grant scaring the kid, Hammond in the trailer, the helicopter ride, Ellie and Hammond at the table, Malcolm and Ellie in the Explorer etc. The movie is just over 2 hrs long and has only 15 minutes of dinosaur screen time. The movie is carried by its actors, writing, character development, pacing. A lot of movies, not just the sequels, could take a page from Jurassic Park. But of course, this is Spielberg we're talking about. Yeah, yeah, I know Spielberg is also responsible for The Lost World, it's a rare miss for him at the time though.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Gwangi on April 30, 2020, 03:46:40 AM
Always a fan of the Gallimimus scene myself.

I second this. As a Kid i always loved this scene the most, because it felt like the Animals were in a natural habitat, not created by man. The Humans in this scene were the intruders in this moment.

Animals acted like Animals, and not like Monsters. It still has a very special feeling, that no other scene in the whole franchise can give me.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.