News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo Vinyl Dinoland Reference Thread v2

Started by tyrantqueen, January 28, 2018, 01:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: agee on March 19, 2021, 07:47:11 AM
Which leads me to a favor. I posted a photo on the "identification" thread and got no real hints. As you are more Kaiyodo fluent, perhaps you may have an idea about the large, unidentified brontosaur model in the photo. I found the photo in an ebay listing for a Kaiyodo saltasaurus. The seller posted an image he found online, which includes multiple kits for scale reference, including the Horizon Jurassic Park brachiosaur, the Kaiyodo brachiosaur, the Horizon Apatosaurus, Kaiyodo saltasaurus and an unnamed brontosaur. 

I am guessing the kit(?) would have been produced in the early nineties

If anyone has any information on it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Here is the posting; thanks!

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=84.2420
Hi, I think I answered it HERE.
No chance of getting it - probably one of a kind - made for an EXPO and priced for few thousands.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: sauroid on March 19, 2021, 01:22:16 PM
you guys are lucky, i only have this one Dinoland piece...
This is not exactly 'DINOLAND' -
It's an assembled kit based on the 100mm DINOLAND T-rex.
I think it was sold in the Fukui Museum :

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

agee

Thanks again for the tip, BrontoScorpio.

I was in the Los Angeles area in the early 90s and recall getting a flyer from an an independent seller in the downtown LA area. That pre-internet catalog had a poorly xeroxed paper catalog of Kaiyodo kits and may have included that argentinasaurus. If it was that kit, the argentinosaurus was the most expensive item in the catalog. I think it was listed was around $500. I do recall that it was resin.

Thanks again for helping me connect the dots.

BrontoScorpio

Absolutely no chance that flyer have included that argentinasaurus.
I suspect This argentinasaurus is one of a kind, built for some show or expo - and than sold for thousands.
That independent seller was probably either Don Glut ( of the 80's - 1st picture ) or J.P. Carlson of Monstrosities ( the 90's - 2nd picture ).
And I imagine that "catalog with a poorly xeroxed paper catalog of Kaiyodo" is that one in the 3rd picture.

agee

Nice to see these, although none of these are the one I am referencing.
The catalog was "cut and pasted" and xeroxed. It was more like someone who went to Japan, got a lot of kits and brought them back to sell.
Regardless, thanks for your help and posting the these.

Over9K

I just noticed that this thread doesn't have any photos of the ultra-rare 1/20 Dinoland "Striding" Tyrannosaurus.

(Photo borrowed from avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow's Flickr)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Over9K on September 20, 2022, 10:53:44 PMI just noticed that this thread doesn't have any photos of the ultra-rare 1/20 Dinoland "Striding" Tyrannosaurus.

(Photo borrowed from avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow's Flickr)

(Not mine) On this thread, from 2018,  page 1:    http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6500.msg192974#msg192974

-

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.