News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Someone from another thread said it was a meerkat, but my guess is also thylacine, now that you mentioned it. Also reminds me of a numbat, which is also an Australian marsupial. What seems off is the color however,  and it looks more like a Yowie figure than an imaginext toy.

PumperKrickel

It's supposed to be a Meerkat.

Lynx

Does anyone know of some Halszkaraptor figures? Not sure if this was the right place to ask, if it's not then feel free to delete it mods.
An oversized house cat.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Lynx on January 23, 2021, 07:26:18 PM
Does anyone know of some Halszkaraptor figures? Not sure if this was the right place to ask, if it's not then feel free to delete it mods.
unless someone did a 3D printed one, there are no figures of Halszkaraptor whatsoever.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

Quote from: PumperKrickel on January 21, 2021, 03:47:39 AM
It's supposed to be a Meerkat.

Correct. Searching "Imaginext meerkat" returns lots of results that look like this figure.

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono I took a look at Dinosauriana and learned that the eurypterid came with item G8744 ("Razor the T rex") and item J4508 ("Ripper the Spinosaurus and Spike the Stegosaurus"). The former came with a light green version, and the latter came with a more metallic teal version.

Given the morphology of the telson, I think the best match for it is probably Megalograptus, for anybody interested in that.

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 23, 2021, 08:23:41 PM
Quote from: Lynx on January 23, 2021, 07:26:18 PM
unless someone did a 3D printed one, there are no figures of Halszkaraptor whatsoever.

Yeah, I'm not aware of any. Only maybe 20 maniraptoran taxa have a half decent figure of them (excluding crown-group birds, for the pedants).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Thanks for the ID! A cursory eBay search shows that the Spino came in two colors and with both colors of eurypterid, so I don't have to besmirch my collection with a T-rex. The Spino is cool, but dang they're pricy complete in package.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

stargatedalek

I had many of these as a kid and regret not keeping more of them, though I kept the few small creatures I had. I think I have both of these scorpions though the blue one got damaged at some point.

*edit*

Found them, I guess I dug them out at some point somewhat recently because they were with the Dinotales in storage rather than wherever the other imaginext are. Green one is fine but the blu has one claw detached and packed with it and the other long missing. I have a bunch of the weird lizard, a griffinfly and some Archaeopteryx but those will be harder to find.

Lanthanotus

Never seen this derpy before,... if anyone knows what it is and is interested, it is currenty on German Ebay

Halichoeres

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 25, 2021, 05:22:29 AM
Thanks for the ID! A cursory eBay search shows that the Spino came in two colors and with both colors of eurypterid, so I don't have to besmirch my collection with a T-rex. The Spino is cool, but dang they're pricy complete in package.
avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono outstanding, wouldn't want to sully oneself with dirty old Ty***nosaurus.

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

agee

Looking for help identifying the large sauropod in this image.
I suspect that this is a mid -90's kit. While the Kaiyodo and Horizon kits were pretty available, I have not been able to locate any information about the "brontosaurus" model. Any information regarding manufacturer, date, vinyl or resin, etc would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

edit: having difficulty posting the image....attachments not allowed for a first post?
a little help? "attachments and other options" doesn't allow attaching a file....

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: agee on February 12, 2021, 01:07:24 AM
I suspect that this is a mid -90's kit. While the Kaiyodo and Horizon kits were pretty available, I have not been able to locate any information about the "brontosaurus" model. Any information regarding manufacturer, date, vinyl or resin, etc would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

edit: having difficulty posting the image....attachments not allowed for a first post?
a little help? "attachments and other options" doesn't allow attaching a file....

you have to host the image somewhere then post the link here

agee

Ok, second try.

I suspect that this is an early/mid -90's kit. While the Kaiyodo and Horizon kits were pretty available, I have not been able to locate any information about the "brontosaurus" model.
I referred to it as a suspected "brontosaurus" kit because the head looks like it was based on the camarasaurus skull. The Horizon apatasaurus model would indicate the photo was taken post 1993.....

This photo was originally posted on US ebay to show the scale of the Kaiyodo brachiosaurus model and made no mention of the other kits/figures.

Any information regarding manufacturer, date, vinyl or resin, etc would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

https://www.flickr.com/photos/14966370@N07/50934369723/in/dateposted-public/

Halichoeres

H A @agee, welcome to the forum!

I'm afraid I don't recognize the sauropod, but maybe this will expose it to more eyeballs:

dino1 by govrowest, on Flickr

That's the bbcde generated from Flickr if you hit the share arrow, I copied and pasted it here. You can also do a more barebones version like so:

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50934369723_fce5263f44_c.jpg[/img]

It takes some getting used to compared to social media image posting. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

It looks like a Camarasaurus. My best guess is maybe a Keith Strasser piece? Looks like around 1:15 or 1:10 or larger? Could be a custom too I guess. The Brachiosaurus there has a bit more of a curve and tilt to it's neck than the kit should have. I'm pretty sure that baby saltasaurus is something I've never seen before either.

agee

Halichoeres,
Thank you for the help with the image posting and formatting tips.

Fembrogon

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on November 17, 2020, 01:38:15 AM

Has anyone seen this before? The eBay seller lists it as Imperial. It looks like a Spinosaurid to me, but I don't think I've ever seen it before.
Oh, WOW, that is a blast from the past! I had one of those a long time ago; I always assumed it as a Baryonyx. I have no idea what brand/company it was, though - I completely forgot this existed until just now!!

----

I recently adopted some dinosaur toys from my grandparents; and while I'm guessing most of them are generic chinasaurs & knockoffs, these three have me intruiged:

These have names and lengths printed on the sides, and they look nicer than the other figures, but they don't match what I've seen of Marx or MPC. Are they just higher-end knockoffs with more variation, or are they original molds from a unique company??

Doug Watson

Quote from: Fembrogon
/quote]
I recently adopted some dinosaur toys from my grandparents; and while I'm guessing most of them are generic chinasaurs & knockoffs, these three have me intruiged:

These have names and lengths printed on the sides, and they look nicer than the other figures, but they don't match what I've seen of Marx or MPC. Are they just higher-end knockoffs with more variation, or are they original molds from a unique company??

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  Those were produced originally for the Sinclair Oil Company and debuted at the 1964 Worlds Fair Sinclair Dinoland exhibit. There were six in the set and came packaged in a bag with an information booklet. You can see the complete set and booklet in my collection thread on page 6 reply #111. After the Worlds Fair Sinclair offered them at their gas stations. They were reissued by other companies into the 1990s but these look like originals.

Fembrogon

Quote from: Doug Watson on March 02, 2021, 03:11:12 AM

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  Those were produced originally for the Sinclair Oil Company and debuted at the 1964 Worlds Fair Sinclair Dinoland exhibit. There were six in the set and came packaged in a bag with an information booklet. You can see the complete set and booklet in my collection thread on page 6 reply #111. After the Worlds Fair Sinclair offered them at their gas stations. They were reissued by other companies into the 1990s but these look like originals.
Oh, that's very cool! Thanks for the info. The other figures in the line look pretty neat, too; I just might try looking for the rest sometime.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Fembrogon on March 02, 2021, 03:42:18 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on March 02, 2021, 03:11:12 AM

Oh, that's very cool! Thanks for the info. The other figures in the line look pretty neat, too; I just might try looking for the rest sometime.

They show up from time to time on eBay, that is where I got mine.

brontosauruschuck

I found this little guy in with my teaching things. Some kid must have left it on accident. I quite like it with it's teeny tiny tail.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.