News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Paleokhris 1:35 3D resin models

Started by danmalcolm, August 17, 2023, 05:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danmalcolm

I discovered Christopher Chavez on Instagram, he makes some awesome looking 3d models in 1:35.

I put an order in for his Utahraptor, Gallimimus, Stegouros, and Jakapil. I'm stoked to get scale models of these species, Utahraptor in particular has no good 1:30-1:40 model anywhere else imo.

Here are some links:

To his gallimimus: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv1K17MsZ8Z/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

To his utahraptor:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CwBzBovsGYY/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

To his main profile:
https://instagram.com/paleokhris?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

He has a lot more creatures as well, those are just the ones I ordered from him. When I get them I'll post updates here

Bread

Here is the original thread for Paleokhris work:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10367.20

I've had a few of his pieces before, you'll enjoy yours for sure  ;D

SenSx

Yes I'm interested in his Deinosuchus, since the Rebor is nice but way too big for 1/35 scale.

What would be for you the proper size to it ?
I red it could go to a max of 13 meters.
So a 34cm figure seems reasonable, 37cm max I guess.

thomasw100

Quote from: danmalcolm on August 17, 2023, 05:40:17 PMI discovered Christopher Chavez on Instagram, he makes some awesome looking 3d models in 1:35.

I put an order in for his Utahraptor, Gallimimus, Stegouros, and Jakapil. I'm stoked to get scale models of these species, Utahraptor in particular has no good 1:30-1:40 model anywhere else imo.

Here are some links:

To his gallimimus: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv1K17MsZ8Z/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

To his utahraptor:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CwBzBovsGYY/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

To his main profile:
https://instagram.com/paleokhris?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

He has a lot more creatures as well, those are just the ones I ordered from him. When I get them I'll post updates here

I just checked out his Insta accounts and indeed very interesting and nice stuff. In which country does he actually reside? Would you think he could  be commissioned to make a model of a particular species?

Bread

T @thomasw100 yep you can do that. He'll make-up a commission for you, but it has to be sure it's printable.

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on August 23, 2023, 01:13:22 PMT @thomasw100 yep you can do that. He'll make-up a commission for you, but it has to be sure it's printable.

Thank you Bread. I am trying to solve my Europasaurus issue. We just saw some live sized replica in a dino park in Denmark and the story of these nice dwarf sauropods that went extinct by an ingression of predators just touched me. Also this story of dwarf species developing on islands is fascinating.

SenSx

Paleokhris is from Chili it seems, and his shippment are not lower than 35$ for Europe, at least for France, but it will not increase no matter how many figure you order.

I'm waiting a little bit, and I think I will order the Deinosuchus, Purusaurus, Barinasuchus and inostrancevia.
Apparently the Deinosuchus, Purusaurus and Barinasuchus have articulated jaw.

Bread

Quote from: SenSx on August 23, 2023, 09:19:08 PMPaleokhris is from Chili it seems, and his shippment are not lower than 35$ for Europe, at least for France, but it will not increase no matter how many figure you order.

I'm waiting a little bit, and I think I will order the Deinosuchus, Purusaurus, Barinasuchus and inostrancevia.
Apparently the Deinosuchus, Purusaurus and Barinasuchus have articulated jaw.
Correct, usually shipments are $35, but he does offer specials (sometimes) to USA for free depending on price, usually $100+.

Also, if you're waiting I'd suggest to place an order as soon as you decided. He has a backlog of orders, as I tried to place an order with him and was given a nearly two month wait time.

Takama

I just tried to contact him yesterday via instagram, to try and order his Utahraptor. Should I wait a bit longer?

Also i looked at his main profile, and noticed that some models are abscent from the gallery profile.  Does that mean they are discontinued?    Or can they be brought back? 

Edit.  He got back to me and answerd my qustions :)

thomasw100

Hi there, I have been in contact with him about his Omeisaurus model a while ago. This has worked out nicely. Now however I have the problem that when I send an e-mail to him I get the answer that the message was not delivered because his mailbox is full. As I do not have any social media accounts, could perhaps someone who has inform him that he would need to clean out his mailbox because no e-mails are going through and he will pretty much miss on orders and other stuff.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Cenozoic Fauna

These are awesome models, cool to see barinasuchus, and the model maker has recently showcased one of there new models, quinkana! A new terrestrial crocodile model, a lot of cool prehistoric  models from species in the Mesozoic, Cenozoic, Triassic, and other eras. Really cool! Also awesome there models have jaw articulation.

Halichoeres

Quote from: thomasw100 on October 17, 2023, 01:27:05 PMHi there, I have been in contact with him about his Omeisaurus model a while ago. This has worked out nicely. Now however I have the problem that when I send an e-mail to him I get the answer that the message was not delivered because his mailbox is full. As I do not have any social media accounts, could perhaps someone who has inform him that he would need to clean out his mailbox because no e-mails are going through and he will pretty much miss on orders and other stuff.

T @thomasw100 I advised him of the problem, and he sent another email address that you can use. I'm hesitant to post it here lest bots inundate him with spam, but I can send it to you in a pm.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

thomasw100

Hi there, thank you very much. Yes please send me the E-mail address in a PM.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.