News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PWRXerXes's sculptures

Started by PWRXerXes, April 15, 2019, 01:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PWRXerXes

I had to try few times more.
I ve done about 20 wings or part wings.
I am searching for technique which can allow doing realistic feathers/wings.
Wings and feathers are my nightmare. Scales of dinos in my opinion are quite easy, I do it in random way.
But with wings there is no place for random feathers:/ so I had to learn sth about feathers, their shape, size, number and also their place.
Every clay has its own pros/cons ofc but only polymer clay gives a chance for thin and elastic feathers. So monster clay (feathers will not be thin) and epoxy - milliput (feathers are not elastic) won't work.
Today I ll show you another attempt to wings:

These are 4 attempts of primary feathers with using different tools and techniques of wings (the same part x4).
I chose the one with aluminium wire. I will try with the rest of the wing:)

Newt

I admire your dedication! Out of curiosity, did you use wire in the vanes of the individual feathers of your chosen wing?

PWRXerXes

Quote from: Newt on March 10, 2021, 01:17:20 PM
I admire your dedication! Out of curiosity, did you use wire in the vanes of the individual feathers of your chosen wing?
I tried but it doesn't work :/
I made some kind of aluminium flat bar with cutting edge. It is the best way for feathers if you want to make them thin

Newt

Thanks, I'll remember that!

Lanthanotus

Woah, those feathers look really great, there must be quite some hours of work that went into that. Am excited about future updates :)

PWRXerXes

I can't do it better :/
One side is guite good but other is not :/

PWRXerXes

irimali

Wow!  Those feathers are so precise! 

paintingdinos

Agreed! I think the detailing work on these looks incredible.

PWRXerXes

Thank you guys:)

Little update