News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Just seen the JWD Pyroraptor through a toy leak, My heart has shattered.

Started by Reuben03, March 01, 2021, 11:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Reuben03 on March 05, 2021, 04:05:13 PM
Quote from: Chubi on March 05, 2021, 03:52:57 PM
Fortunately, this very forum isn't the worst place a kid can join and comment on ; it does have a very gentle and understanding community (some as myself with a rough understanding of english ; which translate sometimes with misleading phrasing, among other things...)
But yeah, put them children in front of nature documentary ! Watching girafees, birds and whales all day long wont hurt their brain ; and maybe even help them appreciate the World they're part of. . .
absolutely!! i made sure to keep my little brother interested in wildlife, i even showed him how to care for wild lizards for a week once, he did a good job!
Sure occasionally my little kid self would had watched cartoons like Tom and Jerry and Shaun the sheep, but mainly i watched documentaries such as the walking with series. While other kids watched some Mouse with Pants just dancing around, i watched a baby Gastornis get devoured by a colony of giant ants, or a gorgonops hunt a old scutosaurus, and some Neanderthal dude get hit by a rhino.
Looking back, that may explain a lot about me

Stegotyranno420

Everyone, lets just leave everything behind, there is no point in going over the past( unless its paleontology). I'm sure we are now all changed and we all have learned. And if we don't stop, more serious issues might rise, causing bans and locks. I suggest we just stop or even lock this thread.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Stolpergeist on March 05, 2021, 10:34:58 PM
Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on March 05, 2021, 10:05:47 PM
About his age, how should I know he's a kid when everyone can just put anything as their age here. His says "N/A" just like mine and I don't keep track of people mentioning their ages in passing.

You know his age, you were in the discussion in the forum etiquette thread, you made fun of me when I said it would be better if forum members were to state their age so people wouldn't lash out at children, when I said I was uncomfortable with disclosing my gender you said:

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on November 11, 2020, 02:56:35 PM
Said the one who wants age statements to be mandatory ;)
People can lie about their personal infos on the internet, just as a reminder. Making any info mandatory won't stop people from just crafting an online persona. We all have to assume people are acting in good faith but you'll never know for certain.

That'll be my only contribution in this heated thread ;D

At the time I didn't want to state my gender as I didn't know if it would be a violation against rule 7 as in many online spaces it would be regarded as political.

No, I didn't remember his age as I said myself I don't keep track of when people mention their ages in passing. I know myself.

If you felt like I was making fun of you you should have adressed it back then. I went back to that thread and I was being sarcastic about people being able to write anything they want into those age brackets. People on the web aren't always for real, especially if they want to guard their RL identities.
That quote you just posted also reenforces what I wrote in here, that people can lie about their age online, so why make people put it in their info? I stated myself I have my own age set to "N/A". If Stego had put his age down, would I have reacted differently? Probably not. Because, like I stated upthread, I stand by what I wrote. I also assured him it wasn't personal and he replied back to me. I think we're cool now.

Let it go or feel free to take it to my inbox, because you appear to have an axe to grind with me. I'm not shy, anyone can send me a PM if they want to. I don't want to derail this thread further.

Gwangi

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on March 05, 2021, 10:05:47 PM
I was away and suddenly we have an animal abuse discussion going on, which wasn't my intention. I'm sorry.

Quote from: Gwangi on March 05, 2021, 03:25:17 PM
EDIT: I want to clarify that none of what I just wrote is directed at Sarapaurolophus, even though my initial post was prompted by her "strangely obsessed with seeing CGI dinosaurs get tortured and die" comment, which I felt was going a bit too far. I'm just speaking generally here. I've been on this forum a long time and I've watched a lot of interactions between adults and children that just didn't play out right. We have members in their 30's, 40's and older talking down to pre-teens as though they're on a level playing field. It's weird and often inappropriate, and I'm just using this as an opportunity to call it out since we're on the subject. But my intent is not to pick on any one individual.

Well, now that you typed my name I appear like Beetlegeuse! :))
Thing is, I felt his comment went too far. I am sensitive to depictions or descriptions of violence and I am going to express that. I was creeped out, so that's the word I went with and I still stand by that.

About his age, how should I know he's a kid when everyone can just put anything as their age here. His says "N/A" just like mine and I don't keep track of people mentioning their ages in passing.

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 I have no issue with you as a person. I hardly know you.

No worries avatar_Sarapaurolophus @Sarapaurolophus, I am also sensitive to animal abuse so I get where you were coming from too. And yes, Stegotyranno does not display his age so although his age may seem obvious to me doesn't mean it does to everyone else. I don't know his exact age, I can just tell from his writing that he's young. In a confrontation between adults and children I'm usually going to defend the child. A boy that likes watching movie monsters fight on screen is not unusual, or creepy. It's a major part of the appeal with dinosaurs in the first place. I agree with you that his phrasing could have been better but, well, he's a kid. And with that I'm done, this certainly was not the place for this discussion. In trying to get back on track Stegotyranno is acting as the most mature person in this thread.

Reuben03

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 05, 2021, 10:13:57 PM
but mainly i watched documentaries such as the walking  i watched a baby Gastornis get devoured by a colony of giant ants, or a gorgonops hunt a old scutosaurus, and some Neanderthal dude get hit by a rhino.
Looking back, that may explain a lot about me

LOL

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Reuben03

Quote from: Stolpergeist on March 05, 2021, 10:34:58 PM
At the time I didn't want to state my gender as I didn't know if it would be a violation against rule 7 as in many online spaces it would be regarded as political.

ahh yeah dw about it, it's all good. we totally respect u here 100 percent. ur a core member here and when u take your breaks (which we totally get dw) it's not the same! we all try our best to be mindful of each other, you are not an acception. we do our best to make u feel at home here like u deserve : )

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03 i dont want to hurt you or anything but you should get this thread locked, I'm detecting high amounts of unrest here.
Im sure we can all get together, but i do not want to risk anything. Its no body's fault, everyone is in the right. I just believe the multiple and separate misunderstandings here might lead to bigger problems.
Once again, no one is in the wrong, and no one should be blamed. I just believe its best to end the possible chaos that might spring.

Reuben03

ohh ok if u both say so, no clue how but i'll figure it out for you two bc i like u both sm lol

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on March 06, 2021, 12:46:16 AM
avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 is right, this has derailed too far from the core topic.
Not to mention the core topic itself also had some bad energy. There were literally replies saying Reuben was just overreacting and being dramatic. Its just the way Reuben talks, and I understand that they probably would not had known, but to go out and say it in a forum like this is not good at all.

Reuben03

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 06, 2021, 02:50:38 AM
Quote from: Stolpergeist on March 06, 2021, 12:46:16 AM
avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 is right, this has derailed too far from the core topic.
Not to mention the core topic itself also had some bad energy. There were literally replies saying Reuben was just overreacting and being dramatic. Its just the way Reuben talks, and I understand that they probably would not had known, but to go out and say it in a forum like this is not good at all.

lolll ty but they're right  ::) ::) ::) ::)
i'm like, highkey obsessed with this. i need to see an accurate pyroraptor on screen and then i need to get an accurate pyroraptor in lego and toy form.

i t  i s  a  n e e d.

but yeah haha i got no clue how to lock this post ngl

Stegotyranno420

I believe you must contact Doctor Admin. On the bright side, things had seemed to calmed down, so its not super important.

Reuben03

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 06, 2021, 07:22:44 PM
I believe you must contact Doctor Admin. On the bright side, things had seemed to calmed down, so its not super important.
ah epic! u inspired me to draw a utahraptor btw lol

Chubi

Hey, to end on a high note : someone shared faithful (if we trust him/her ; i don't even know who shared it first and i'd make a terrible journalist) reproduction of JW Dominion concept art, and it seems Pyroraptor won't be getting prognated wrist in the movie. . .

Yay !!! Pick up your shattered heart avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03 and repair it, kintsugi-style ; coz that stuff precious, dude

Reuben03

Quote from: Chubi on March 06, 2021, 11:53:32 PM
Hey, to end on a high note : someone shared faithful (if we trust him/her ; i don't even know who shared it first and i'd make a terrible journalist) reproduction of JW Dominion concept art, and it seems Pyroraptor won't be getting prognated wrist in the movie. . .

Yay !!! Pick up your shattered heart avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03 and repair it, kintsugi-style ; coz that stuff precious, dude
currently putting the pieces into a pile and mushing them together with factory grade meat glue. thanks! ;D ;D ;D

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.