News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Seijun's Dinosaur-a-Day

Started by Seijun, March 18, 2012, 08:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seijun

Yeah, didn't you know they made two versions? The green one is more accurate, but I love the smaller one's extreme retro appeal :D

(I'm so tired today it took me a bit to figure out what you were laughing at--scelidosaurus post corrected! Beware the dangers of copy/paste.)
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

stoneage

Quote from: Seijun on April 13, 2012, 07:31:44 PM
Yeah, didn't you know they made two versions? The green one is more accurate, but I love the smaller one's extreme retro appeal :D

(I'm so tired today it took me a bit to figure out what you were laughing at--scelidosaurus post corrected! Beware the dangers of copy/paste.)

Do we get to see the green one?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Seijun on April 13, 2012, 07:31:44 PM
....... scelidosaurus post corrected! Beware the dangers of copy/paste.)

Ha, ha ... I know too well about these :).

BTW: Still my favourite Scelidosaurus toy figure ..... after all these years! That's one thing that makes Invicta so special.

Tyrannosaurid lover

:( :(I always want the iguanodon an the baryonix of INVICTA, but here in Mexico I dont think posible that one of thoese come :( :-\
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Tyrannosaurid lover on April 14, 2012, 09:52:11 PM
:( :(I always want the iguanodon an the baryonix of INVICTA, but here in Mexico I dont think posible that one of thoese come :( :-\

It is possible ;D. I have a spare Iguanodon I could send to Mexico.
You can send me an e-mail if you want to.

Seijun

Invicta Triceratops, 1975 - c. 2005:
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

stoneage

:)  I really like the effect of your figures against the white background.  How do you get it to look like that?  Is it photoshopped?

Seijun

I am using the photo studio at my work. The camera is attached to a monostand, similar to this:
http://www.cambo.com/Html/Images/MonoStand002.jpg
And there are two very large softboxes on either side, attached to a rail system near the ceiling. For the background, I am using a 99-cent sheet of white posterboard. The front of the posterboard has a very nice semi-gloss finish.

Tyrannosaurid lover

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 15, 2012, 06:27:45 AM
Quote from: Tyrannosaurid lover on April 14, 2012, 09:52:11 PM
:( :(I always want the iguanodon an the baryonix of INVICTA, but here in Mexico I dont think posible that one of thoese come :-\ :-\ :'( :( :-\

It is possible ;D. I have a spare Iguanodon I could send to Mexico.
You can send me an e-mail if you want to.
OMG MAGICAL CHARLIE LIOPLEURODON LISENT ME!!
mmm surre, the thing is that I havent money yet, ;D but if you like you can send me the Email
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

Seijun

Kleinwelka Iguanodon, early "light plastic" version in grey, c. 1977 - c. 1985:

postsaurischian

I'd love to see a comparison shot in this style with the Invicta :).

Horridus

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 17, 2012, 10:04:31 AM
I'd love to see a comparison shot in this style with the Invicta :).
Me too. :)

That Klienwelka one is bigger than I thought. Keep 'em coming! ;D
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Seijun

I'm glad everyone is enjoying these!

Invicta Ichthyosaurus, 1986 - c. 2005:

Seijun

Invicta Muttaburrasaurus, 1989 - c. 2005:

copper

the color on that muttaburra is simply delicious! i have to start looking one for myself too : )

Tyrannosaurid lover

Quote from: Seijun on April 20, 2012, 07:36:04 AM
Invicta Muttaburrasaurus, 1989 - c. 2005:

That is one cute mutta <3

Seijun

Timpo Brontosaurus, c. 1955 - c. 1980:

Timpo Dimetrodon, c. 1955 - c. 1980:

DinoFan45

(mouth drools at all of the Invictas)

Your collection is impressive. The older pieces are really neat to look at, and the invicta's make me drool. They are some of the best older ones I've seen, and ones I want for my collection. Any-who, Great Collection.
"Life will find a way."

Seijun

Timpo Triceratops, c. 1955 - c. 1980:

Timpo Megatherium, c. 1955 - c. 1980:

Seijun

Dino Riders Brontosaurus, 1989 - c. 1992:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: