News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Seijun's Dinosaur-a-Day

Started by Seijun, March 18, 2012, 08:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Himmapaan

Quote from: Seijun on April 06, 2012, 12:44:04 AMSadly, I don't have any extra invicta lambeos, Himmapaan, but you are welcome to paint a Dinosaur Studios one in Bongo for me!  ;D (when I get one)

Gwangi

I have no real preference on the monochrome vs. color debate. With the Invicta figures at least I prefer the monochrome over the painted ones. Some toy lines though, I cannot imagine without color. The Invicta lambeo however is beautiful just the way it is and is in my opinion one of the best hadrosaur figures ever produced.

tyrantqueen

QuoteOh, there are certainly some figures in my collection that I do prefer painted (Dino Riders, Tsukudas, Papos). And I wouldn't turn down a well-sculpted figure painted by Martin, Himmapaan, Copper, or any of the other great painters we have seen here. I would absolutely love to own all of my favorite resins in both unpainted and professionally-painted form.
I agree 100% with you there. I usually hate factory paint jobs. That's why customisation rocks :))

postsaurischian

Quote from: Tylosaurus on April 05, 2012, 09:34:12 PM
Hmm Imagine if the entire world would be monochrome arrghhh! nooooeeesss!   Yikes! hahaha  xD

No matter that is your choice afterall mate :) So each to themselves I'm like 8)

Imagine Auguste Rodin's sculptures being painted in realistic colours ::).
That would look awful - even if it was the best paintjob in the world.
I'm not interested in any painted Invicta figure.

to Seijun: All Dinosaur Toy companies should release their figures in painted & unpainted versions ;D - like Favorite does with the 'softmodels collection'.

Tylosaurus

That is your choice, each to themselves ;)

Seijun

Invicta Glyptodon, 1975 - c. 2005:
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Gwangi

Oh I love that little Glyptodon. I just got the painted one today actually but as with other Invictas I prefer the unpainted one. Still, it is nice to have both.

Tylosaurus

I still have that Monochrome Glyptodon, it was a gift from the Queensland Museum back in 1981 with my first school trip and I kept it ever since 8)

Seijun

AAA Entelodont (large), c. 2001 - present:
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

postsaurischian

....... that mean & ugly thing brought me luck the other day :).
Still a great figure!

Seijun

Invicta Glyptodon. A light green color, most likely a result of sun-fading (his underside is still pink). 1975 - c. 2005

Takama

At least it was monochorme in the first place.

Seijun

Invicta Iguanodon, 1980 - c. 2005

postsaurischian

My very first Invicta :D!
I bought him at the London Museum of Natural History in 1981. As a boy I only had enough money for two medium sized figures with me :'(. I decided for the Iguanodon because it looked the same as the life-sized stone statue at the backdoor of the Berlin Aquarium.

Horridus

Ah, a classic. I have him sat next to the Invicta Muttaburrasaurus and they make for quite a contrasting pair.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Himmapaan

Quote from: Horridus on April 10, 2012, 06:14:56 PM
Ah, a classic. I have him sat next to the Invicta Muttaburrasaurus and they make for quite a contrasting pair.
Funnily enough, my two are next to each other, too. But I suppose that would be the 'default' mode of display in their case.

Seijun

Invicta Baryonyx, 1989 - c. 2005

ZoPteryx

That Baryonyx has got to be my favorite Invicta!

Seijun

Invicta Scelidosaurus, c. 1973 - c. 2005:

postsaurischian

Quote from: Seijun on April 13, 2012, 10:53:09 AM
Invicta Baryonyx, c. 1973 - c. 2005:
??? ;D                (sorry)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: