News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Seijun's Dinosaur-a-Day

Started by Seijun, March 18, 2012, 08:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Seijun

Ah, that would explain it. Some of the very earliest German Carnegies were bluish-grey and white. I have seen an early German brachi, apato, and baby apato in that color. The para, tric, allo, steg, and trex I posted are all from the US. The UK *may* have also had a different set of colors for their first Carnegie releases.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

DinoFan45

This is the first time I've seen the originals that aren't in the green/black or other paint covering. They look great!
"Life will find a way."

Seijun

Tsukuda Styracosaurus, c. 1980 - c. 1990:

Papo Velociraptor, 2005 - 2009:

Carnegie Collection Apatosaurus Baby, original color scheme, c. 1988:

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

DinoFan45

The papo is bigger than I thought, The Styracosaurus is interesting, and the apatosaurus baby is really neat.
"Life will find a way."

Seijun

Alva Studios Corythosaurus (missing tail tip), c. 1950- c. 1960:

Alva Studios Iguanodon, c. 1950- c. 1960:

Alva Studios Trachodon, c. 1950- c. 1960:

Bokisaurus

Nice catch on those Alva figures :D

Seijun

Alva Studios Brontosaurus, c. 1950- c. 1960:

Seijun

Panini Cynognathus:

Alva Studios Stegosaurus, c. 1950 - c. 1960:

Seijun

Carnegie Smilodon, c. 1988:

Carnegie Baryonyx, 1998 - present:

Seijun

Carnegie Maiasaura, c. 1988:

Carnegie Amargasaurus, 2007 - present:

Takama

good to see some familier faces and colors from the carnegi line

Seijun

I didn't think there would be much interest in seeing any of the things still in production.

Gwangi

Quote from: Seijun on May 25, 2012, 06:04:41 AM
I didn't think there would be much interest in seeing any of the things still in production.

I don't mind it since your photographs are so good and all but I will admit that I really enjoy seeing the more obscure figures.

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Seijun on May 25, 2012, 06:04:41 AM

I can't speak for everyone else of course, but I don't mind seeing still-in-production pieces, especially if they're good. I don't care much for the "classic" Carnegies, personally. I would like to see some Definitely Dinosaurs just out of nostalgic value. I still think they were great for what they were, especially given the time.

DinoFan45

I don't mind newer models. It's just that the older ones are really neat. So that's who made that Cynodont? I have one just like that labelled SAFARI on the bottom. Same size too...
"Life will find a way."

Seijun

Pics? I didnt know safari made one.

Seijun

Sega Stegosaurus (large), 2006:

Kaiyodo Series 6 Stegosaurus, one of two color variations:

Kaiyodo Series 6 Allosaurus, one of two color variations:

DinoFan45

They look great. Just, whats with the plates on the kaiyodo Stegosaurus?

Piccture wise, I'll have to find it again.
"Life will find a way."

Himmapaan

Quote from: DinoFan45 on June 02, 2012, 06:18:43 PM
They look great. Just, whats with the plates on the kaiyodo Stegosaurus?
Do you mean that they seem small? I expect it's meant to be Stegosaurus armatus, whose plates are much smaller than those on the better known stenops.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: