News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Seijun's Dinosaur-a-Day

Started by Seijun, March 18, 2012, 08:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Quote from: Himmapaan on June 02, 2012, 09:19:40 PM
Quote from: DinoFan45 on June 02, 2012, 06:18:43 PM
They look great. Just, whats with the plates on the kaiyodo Stegosaurus?
Do you mean that they seem small? I expect it's meant to be Stegosaurus armatus, whose plates are much smaller than those on the better known stenops.

Indeed. The real puzzler about that model is the grin it's wearing  :o

Himmapaan

Quote from: Pixelboy on June 02, 2012, 11:46:24 PMIndeed. The real puzzler about that model is the grin it's wearing  :o
Haha, I noticed that too. Though I say it's more of a coy smile. ;D

No, I didn't have anything to do with the design of this figure.  ;D

DinoFan45

It's just that I thought that Stegosaurus plates were all symmetrical. The smile I just noticed when you mentioned it. The allosaurus has one too.
"Life will find a way."

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Seijun on May 25, 2012, 06:04:41 AM
I didn't think there would be much interest in seeing any of the things still in production.

One thing you might not have considered about posting shots of the newer figs......I would assume some of us do not have all the repaints and redo's of the various figures. Sometimes I am lucky to purchase one, and then when they repaint or resculpt that figure several times, it is nice to be able to compare that to the one I have and determine if I want to pursue adding others . I see a great value in the work from that standpoint, at least for myself.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Himmapaan on June 02, 2012, 09:19:40 PM
Quote from: DinoFan45 on June 02, 2012, 06:18:43 PM
They look great. Just, whats with the plates on the kaiyodo Stegosaurus?
Do you mean that they seem small? I expect it's meant to be Stegosaurus armatus, whose plates are much smaller than those on the better known stenops.

...Which brings to mind a question... Does it bother anybody else that species names are almost never used for replicas? If this figure is meant to be armatus rather than stenops, then it should be labeled and sold as such. Or am I just being anal retentive?

Seijun

Kaiyodo UHA Collectors Club Protoceratops:

Kaiyodo Chuanjiesaurus, Dino Expo 2004:
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Metallisuchus

Ah nice Protoceratops, minus the seam lines. Tail looks a little bulky though, but great-looking piece nonetheless.

Seijun

The proto is one of my favorite kaiyodos :)

Kaiyodo Capcom Mamenchisaurus, Dino Expo 2004 2009:
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

brach81

Quote from: Seijun on April 28, 2012, 09:43:05 AM
Placerias. I don't know the company or year.

Ah so it has a name :)) Picked up this little guy afew weeks ago with a bunch of other chinasaurs at museum near me.  Thought it was some made up thing, lol. 

Cool thread seijun btw.

Seijun

I am glad this thread is being useful :)
BTW, if I ever get a date or company name wrong on any of these, please feel free to correct me. Some figures are not clearly marked as to who made them and when.

Kaiyodo Capcom Guanlong, Dino Expo 2009:

postsaurischian

The Dinosaur Expo 2009 figures were made by Capcom, not Kaiyodo ;).
The Mamenchisaurus is from that series too.

Seijun

Metallisuchus

Guanlong's color scheme is really nice.

Bokisaurus

Ah, lovely expo figures! Now, if only I can find some ::) ;D

Seijun

Do you live in the USA? Maybe we could collaborate on a Jauce order to save ourselves some shipping. These guys are not too expensive there, until you get to the shipping part (over $100 for the last package I got).

Seijun

Kaiyodo Protoceratops (series 5), one of two color variations:

Seijun

Capcom Edmontosaurus, Dino Expo 2009:

DinoFan45

The edmontosaurus looks neat. The protoceratops kinda looks like it has teeth though....
"Life will find a way."

Seijun

They did have fangs. Well, "fangs" is probably the wrong term...

DinoFan45

Yeah, but if you looks at the picture, there is a line of white that goes down the side of the mouth, and it looks like theropod teeth.
"Life will find a way."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: