News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

I'll also say the paint job also looks a bit uninspired, perhaps a bit too similar to their Tabrosaurus. Again, I would have much preferred something closer to the poster art but it's not a deal breaker for me as well as it's well applied.

SRF

Sinraptor isn't a genus I'm particulary interested in, but I do like this one probably a bit better than the Acrocanthosaurus. I wonder what its price will be, since it's a smaller release. But after the Tsintaosaurus we know that doesn't mean that much.  ::)

Now with all expected releases done, I'm curious what PNSO is up to next. Probably it will not stop with these two figures the way that they've announced the Acrocanthosaurus. They did however release the figures by number in the right order, something they haven't done before.
But today, I'm just being father

GojiraGuy1954

The sculpt is so good aside from the stupid tiny tail aaaaaaaaa
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Medzo

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 25, 2022, 01:45:44 PMThe sculpt is so good aside from the stupid tiny tail aaaaaaaaa

Does not seem tiny to me, the cover photos cut it down. It's clearly longer on the one where the figure is visible above the box.

Lynx

This figure looks a lot like a Papo figure, not gonna lie. The teeth, the skin, the eye..
An oversized house cat.

Bread

Quote from: Medzo on May 25, 2022, 02:30:25 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 25, 2022, 01:45:44 PMThe sculpt is so good aside from the stupid tiny tail aaaaaaaaa

Does not seem tiny to me, the cover photos cut it down. It's clearly longer on the one where the figure is visible above the box.
It does look a little short, but I think Vitae's looks better.

KrazyKaprosuchus

I quite like the look of it, tail and lips aside. At this point I just want to see something other than a theropod, though.

Pliosaurking

I quite like this figure I must say

Medzo

Quote from: Bread on May 25, 2022, 02:46:52 PM
Quote from: Medzo on May 25, 2022, 02:30:25 PM

It does look a little short, but I think Vitae's looks better.

Well, you just compared the image where it is cut off.

Bread

avatar_Medzo @Medzo the cutoff is very small. To me it is really the bulk of the tail that is missing. Making it seem the tail is too short.

Blade-of-the-Moon

They really shouldn't post pics of the figures with the more accurate art work, really shows where it's off.

I can't say I know a lot about Sinraptor, the figure looks nicely detailed, though the pose, color and teeth make me think of Nanmu's Indominus Rex figure.

KrazyKaprosuchus

I do think from the image with the figure standing on the box it looks better length-wise. I do wish the tail looked a bit beefier but it could be the way the tail/figure is positioned or something.
And yeah, I really feel more sad when they include that beautiful and more accurate artwork - what could have been.

Bread

I realize what this figure reminds me of!!!!

The V-Raptors from Peter Jackson's King Kong!

JohannesB

I think I will have to pass on this Sinraptor. First of all, I am not really interested in this genus, and secondly I am waiting for a figure of a whole different family of dinosaurs. (I am still on the fence about the Acrocanthosaurus.) The tail on this figure should be fatter, in my opinion. The head does not appeal to me either. (And it seems to be too big.)

Faelrin

Nice to finally see the last of the rumored bunch for now. I wonder what they'll do next from here. Glad to see another figure of Sinraptor. I wonder how it will compare alongside Vitae's version. I don't know much about this dinosaur, but if I recall right it has pretty good fossil remains. Coloration kind of reminds me of WWD's Allosaurus, but more subtle I guess.

Also is it just me or does anyone else get Indominus rex vibes from the teeth (more so in the up close shots)?

Edit: Saw it was up on Amazon already with prime shipping for release in late July. Here's the link for anyone that wants it:

https://www.amazon.com/PNSO/dp/B09Q348WTN?ref_=ast_sto_dp
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Fembrogon

Does anyone else think the coloration around the teeth looks kinda gross?

I agree that more diversity would be nice to see again. I get it, big theropods sell best, and ceratopsids are probably hits as well; but that Atopodentatus from 2020 was SO good...

Lynx

I think PNSO is just scared to mess up again like they did on the Microraptor. They want to make money, that is the goal. Whatever sells best gets pumped out.
An oversized house cat.

Baryonyx

This is easily the most overtly JP/monster style head we've seen from PNSO which is surprising considering all they've achieved. It undermines the 'real-animal' aesthetic they have pioneered.

I think the pose of the arms is very nice and different from what we've seen. (Though it's probably a JP hangover too so I'm being a hypocrite!)

bmathison1972

I don't know much about Sinraptor, but given it's a theropod, I'll probably just hold out and hope Safari makes an updated version for their WS line.

Strepsodus

B @bmathison1972 Vitae's Sinraptor is a good investment, and from the looks of it it's better than PNSO's

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: