News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Quote from: Faras on May 23, 2022, 02:45:29 PMThat guy lives close to PNSO warehouse and paid extra on Aliexpress to be the first, pretty nuts...

Not all heroes wear capes.

Faras

Quote from: Concavenator on May 23, 2022, 03:06:23 PM
Quote from: Faras on May 23, 2022, 02:45:29 PMThat guy lives close to PNSO warehouse and paid extra on Aliexpress to be the first, pretty nuts...

Not all heroes wear capes.

Yeah, or there would be no images for a week. Seems PNSO intentionally delayed domestic release to limit in-hand pics online during 23rd-27th Aliexpress sale, bleurgh.

Faelrin

avatar_SRF @SRF There does appear to be some color on the face in this image:

avatar_SenSx @SenSx Could be a tad bit, but I do think it could be the angle of the one image at play. Hard to know without it in hand. I do think it looks better in the below pic though.

I'm really relieved the paintwork of this one is very close to the box/promo images, especially on the body. Now if only my new card can get here before the sale is over with, otherwise I'll wait until it hits the states.

Edit: Then again I need to move next month. Hmm, maybe I'm better off waiting a little bit for now anyways. That said, super stoked to get my hands on this one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Can someone please post the pictures here. I cannot open them

Faelrin

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 Can you see these? Cause I can see them on my end.

Edit: Even more here:
Spoiler

[close]
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Sorry, it does not work on my end.

Edit: it works now. I just hope they are just weird  pictures , because I am not liking the look of this guy. He looks too small and all the proportions are off

Faras

btw Taobao's big mid-year sale on 1st-3rd and 16-18th June, they'll probably launch corresponding sales on AliExpress (though maybe less discounts on Acrocanthosaurus).

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 Can you see them in spoiler? (might need to open in new tab for bigger img)

Spoiler

[close]

Bread

Does this mean the figure will be $42.99 like all other medium-size therapods in this line?

This sale makes the figure cost about $34, plus $8 in shipping, making the figure really come out to about $42. So really, unless you are worried about quality going down which happens with some pnso figures, I'd wait on this one to become available in your local amazon warehouse(s).

I am liking this figure, but I definitely want it repainted and maybe the addition of lips plus removal of those spikes on the spine.

Concavenator

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 23, 2022, 03:27:32 PMCan someone please post the pictures here. I cannot open them

avatar_Faras @Faras beat me to it.

Stegotyranno420

Thank you everyone
avatar_Faras @Faras those additional images restores some hope in me. I will just have to wait and see some more.

JohannesB

Quote from: Concavenator on May 23, 2022, 01:11:12 PMavatar_SenSx @SenSx the first pics are out already:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7846902843

Nice as a reference for colouration, but the shape seems distorted. Maybe taken with a wide-angle lens (on a smartphone). On the other hand, the pictures from the top give a nice view of the relative size of the tail. I am still on the fence about this figure, though.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I haven't had a chance to comment since the Acrocanthosaurus was revealed, but I have to say that I liked it from the start. In fact, as I've said elsewhere, it is the only Acrocanthosaurus beside the tiny Kaiyodo that I actually like. I have the Battat for now but despite everything I'm not fond of it. I have had in the past the Papo, Wild Safari and Carnegie, and haven't liked any of them either. The CollectA, Schleich and Rebor never appealed to me in the first place.
I'm not bothered about the tail, I'm used to PNSO doing undersized tails. As long as it can balance okay its fine. That said, having this as well as the Allosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus may be a bit much, might have to drop the Allosaurus.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SRF

I've decided to pass on the Acrocanthosaurus for now. Out of all the PNSO figures I own, I get the least enjoyment out of the theropod figures that aren't Tyrannosaurs. I also expect PNSO to release a Gorgosaurus, Daspletosaurus or Albertosaurus somewhere down the line and at least one of these in this year. Those would have a lot more priority for me, just like an Edmontosaurus would have. I also still have to get the Olorotitan which I maybe just get on short notice.
But today, I'm just being father

SidB

Quote from: SRF on May 25, 2022, 09:07:18 AMI've decided to pass on the Acrocanthosaurus for now. Out of all the PNSO figures I own, I get the least enjoyment out of the theropod figures that aren't Tyrannosaurs. I also expect PNSO to release a Gorgosaurus, Daspletosaurus or Albertosaurus somewhere down the line and at least one of these in this year. Those would have a lot more priority for me, just like an Edmontosaurus would have. I also still have to get the Olorotitan which I maybe just get on short notice.
Yes, avatar_SRF @SRF , any Laramidian tyrannosaur would be most welcome, so I hope that you are right. I notice that PNSO has released 5/6 of the dinosaur figures originally promised, with the exception of the Sinraptor (still to come), though the Zeuchentyrannus was a most pleasant surprise, being inserted into the sequence. So now I'm wondering if there are others yet to come this year. Normally I'd be quite optimistic, but the pandemic situation in China seems to make the whole scenario questionable at the moment, IMO.

suspsy

The Sinraptor has been revealed on social media, and it looks pretty nice!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Carnoking

Quote from: SidB on May 25, 2022, 11:38:36 AM
Quote from: SRF on May 25, 2022, 09:07:18 AMI notice that PNSO has released 5/6 of the dinosaur figures originally promised, with the exception of the Sinraptor (still to come)

Speak of the devil!

Carnoking

Unfortunately the tail is looking a little ratty once again but other than that I'm liking what I'm seeing. Here's hoping that tail is all just bad perspective.

Gwangi

The Sinraptor is looking spectacular. I didn't know I wanted a Sinraptor until now.

suspsy

I'm rather neutral about this one just like I was about the Acrocanthosaurus last week. The tail does look too small, though.

I'm also pretty bored by now with all these big theropods and ornithopods and ceratopsids. I don't understand why PNSO doesn't start tackling dromaeosaurs, ornithomimosaurs, oviraptorosaurs, therizinosaurs, dryosaurs, and small ceratopsians already. Not to mention pterosaurs, Paleozoic beasts, and Cenozoic beasts.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: