News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: Concavenator on May 26, 2022, 02:57:23 PMWasn't expecting to see more rumours so soon, but Paleofiguras have said PNSO might be releasing an ichthyosaur and a plesiosaur (no concrete names) for their Marine Museum line and also a Lingwulong.

I would be thrilled with Lingwulong and a plesiosaur.

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Concavenator on May 26, 2022, 02:57:23 PMWasn't expecting to see more rumours so soon, but Paleofiguras have said PNSO might be releasing an ichthyosaur and a plesiosaur (no concrete names) for their Marine Museum line and also a Lingwulong.

All three of those would be delightful. We need more dicraeosaurids that are not Amargasaurus.

I also keep hoping PNSO will do a Deinocheirus. I like the Safari, but it's a bit too small for me.
Check out my customs thread!

Carnoking

Lingwulong could be fun! Here's hoping the marine critters won't have the glaring seams of their predecessors.

SenSx

I was hopping they would have more actual dinosaurs planned before going back to the marine animals :(

KrazyKaprosuchus

Honestly i'm overjoyed we're going back to non-dinosaurs for a bit. AND a lesser-known dicraeosaurid? I hope these turn out well. (If these rumors are true that is)

Faras

Hmm I'd take Paleofiguras' rumours with a grain of salt, as I don't know if all info (namely ichthyosaur and plesiosaur in this case) came from trusted source.

Meanwhile the Chinese forum moderator who posed previous list wrote some stuffs in WeChat group:

Sauropods (no clue of the scales as he didn't ask)
Lingwulong
Suchomimus

Again, just *rumours* ;)

SenSx

Quote from: Faras on May 26, 2022, 03:47:44 PMHmm I'd take Paleofiguras' rumours with a grain of salt, as I don't know if all info (namely ichthyosaur and plesiosaur in this case) came from trusted source.

Meanwhile the Chinese forum moderator who posed previous list wrote some stuffs in WeChat group:

Lingwulong
Suchomimus

Again, just *rumours* ;)

Suchomimus would be incredible.
I was resigned to get the Safari one in the end, the only one out there.
The figure is ok, but felt a bit lower quality compare to their later products, I don't like the pose, and find it maybe too small (that thing is huge).
The vitae one hypped me a lot, but it seems to be cancelled for good.
Hope that rumor is true !

Bread

Interesting list of new rumors. I was originally planning on adding the GR Toys Dicraeosaurus to my list of future purchases of 2022, but I guess I'll wait for PNSO's to be revealed.

My only worry is that it will be a museum line figure... In that case I'd rather just go for GR Toys.

Now, with plesiosaurs being on this list of rumored releases, I am hoping for Tuarangisaurus since it was shown on Prehistoric Planet. Would also encourage me to buy their Tylosaurus that I keep putting off.

With the other rumors avatar_Faras @Faras has mentioned, I am more intrigued with.

Suchomimus is definitely one I'd be interested in the most out of all these rumors. I am hoping for a somewhat noticeable spine protruding, but not too large. Correct me please if I am wrong about Suchomimus having a small spine, or if it even would be protruding in life.

Sauropods could mean anything. Heck PNSO could release a third irritation of the Mamenchisaurus.

Carnoking

Quote from: Faras on May 26, 2022, 03:47:44 PMHmm I'd take Paleofiguras' rumours with a grain of salt, as I don't know if all info (namely ichthyosaur and plesiosaur in this case) came from trusted source.

Lingwulong
Suchomimus

Again, just *rumours* ;)

Looks like there does seem to be some overlap with Lingwulong. Other sauropods could be welcome, though I shudder to imagine the price.

Suchomimus sounds awesome! Was always sort of lukewarm to Safari's older offering and I can't think of any decent alternatives in recent memory, so hopefully PNSO deliver.

Concavenator

Suchomimus!!! I have just lost it. Bring it on, please! 🥹 One my most requested genera over the years, I'm very excited about this. It is so overshadowed by Baryonyx that I wasn't really expecting anybody to make figures of it anytime soon. I think avatar_Sim @Sim also wanted a Suchomimus.

I hadn't heard of Lingwulong up until these news, but I have done a quick search and it appears to be a very important genus. At the time of its description (2018) it was the first diplodocoid discovered in Asia, the oldest diplodocoid and the oldest neosauropod ever found. It's also known from an almost complete skeleton. Clearly an excellent choice for a figure, well done PNSO.

Not holding my breath, but hopefully one of those sauropods is not a sauropod but a prosauropod like Plateosaurus.

Faelrin

I've been wanting a figure of Lingwulong for years now since it was described. It has very near complete remains from numerous specimens too, so it is one of the better understood sauropods. In fact I think I may have had it down in my 2021 PNSO wishlist. Suchomimus is another that's been sadly neglected for years so that would be a sight to see as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: SenSx on May 26, 2022, 04:02:33 PM

Lingwulong
Suchomimus

Again, just *rumours* ;)

The figure is ok, but felt a bit lower quality compare to their later products, I don't like the pose, and find it maybe too small (that thing is huge).

PNSO should do more Spinosaurids, they're the only dinosaurs that would reasonably be lipless
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

Hoping for a Shonisaurus and Styxosaurus

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Concavenator on May 26, 2022, 04:16:25 PMSuchomimus!!! I have just lost it. Bring it on, please! 🥹 One my most requested genera over the years, I'm very excited about this. It is so overshadowed by Baryonyx that I wasn't really expecting anybody to make figures of it anytime soon. I think avatar_Sim @Sim also wanted a Suchomimus.

I hadn't heard of Lingwulong up until these news, but I have done a quick search and it appears to be a very important genus. At the time of its description (2018) it was the first diplodocoid discovered in Asia, the oldest diplodocoid and the oldest neosauropod ever found. It's also known from an almost complete skeleton. Clearly an excellent choice for a figure, well done PNSO.

Not holding my breath, but hopefully one of those sauropods is not a sauropod but a prosauropod like Plateosaurus.
No thanks, lipless Plateosaurus would look especially hideous

SenSx

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 26, 2022, 05:01:38 PM
Quote from: SenSx on May 26, 2022, 04:02:33 PM

Lingwulong
Suchomimus

Again, just *rumours* ;)

PNSO should do more Spinosaurids, they're the only dinosaurs that would reasonably be lipless

I agree but it is a bit too late for me now.
We have enough Spinosaurus, and I'm very happy with the Safari Baryonyx.
So the Suchomimus would be a very good choice indeed !

Renecito

A Suchomimus finally!!! and from my favorite brand. YES!!!!!!! 
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

CarnotaurusKing

A Suchomimus would be nice. Safari's one is good, but tiny and a bit too crocodilian. Lingwulong is even more exciting. If the rumour of an ichthyosaur turns out to be true, I'm hoping for Temnodontosaurus or Kyhytysuka. For plesiosaurs, maybe Mortuneria, Ophthalmothule, or Cryptoclidus.

suspsy

At this point, I have zero interest in a Suchomimus, or almost any other large theropod from PNSO. But Lingwulong sounds intriguing.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

It's a good observation that PNSO's Sinraptor represents S. hepingensis.  However I'm not sure we can tell what its uncompressed skull looks like and PNSO's reconstruction looks reasonable to me.  The paper that names it says its skull is "Slightly compressed".  Also Dan Folkes previously reconstructed it like this which seems plausible to me too: https://www.deviantart.com/alternateprehistory/art/Sinraptor-hepingensis-and-Sinraptor-dongi-794052484

That said it looks hideous to me because of what they've done with the paint on the teeth.  It looks like the Indominus rex and I have to ask "Just why did they have to do that?"

The rumoured list of new figures sounds interesting though!  Suchomimus would be a dream come true, as would a long-necked plesiosauroid, I'm hoping for a Styxosaurus.  A prosauropod like Lufengosaurus or Plateosaurus would be great too if they had their mouth open to help disguise their lack of lips.

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on May 26, 2022, 07:15:06 PMAt this point, I have zero interest in a Suchomimus, or almost any other large theropod from PNSO. But Lingwulong sounds intriguing.

Agreed, with all!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: