News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

I think this figure looks great, color seems duller than promotional images but that's usual with PNSO; however, the colors still seem vibrant and prominent.

Now, I am not familiar with ceratopsian leg proportions, but to me at least, the Styracosaurus' back legs seem large? Or at least the knee to the foot seem large in proportion to the rest of the figure.

Duna

Oh great, the styracosaurus real paint is much much better that the Centrosaurus.  :) What a gorgeous head and frill (and no endless mouth) .I can't wait to get that figure.

CARN0TAURUS

Abobo, thanks for posting those images!

The paint scheme and application look very nice and closer to the promotional photos than on some of the recent pnso releases.  Do we know what the price for Anthony will be in the US?  Ceratopsians in general might not be my favorite types of dinosaurs but I've always liked the look of Styracosaurus even more than the more popular Triceratops. 

One of the few ceratopsians I have in my collection is the 2013 Favorite soft model version, although he's a tad emaciated and looks like he hasn't eaten in weeks ;) 

I love the lighter colors, the realistic camouflage patterns, and the conservative pose on this one.  I don't know why but simple standing or strolling poses is something I've always preferred. Anthony looks like he's ready to go to market, young, healthy, and juicy.  This is definitely one I will get once it becomes a prime item on Amazon but I might have to wait a while for that to happen which is fine, it'll give me time to save up the cash ;)

Concavenator

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi 's comment about PNSO forcing their prices to the maximum level one is willing to pay is painfully accurate LoL. It feels almost taunting by their part (though they're perfectly able to price their products at the prices they want, if people keep buying them or not that's a different story). I know that they are more reasonably priced in China, but still things like the Olorotitan is more expensive than the Lambeosaurus or that the new Centrosaurus and Styracosaurus are more expensive than the Sinoceratops (which for some reason is even more expensive than their Pachyrhinosaurus and Machairoceratops) annoy me. I admit they have improved the quality of their models but it's not like it's night and day difference. At the end of the day, it's the lack of consistency in their pricing that frustrates me.

avatar_Faras @Faras if I recall correctly, you said the next AliExpress sale is on March, didn't you? If so, do you know if it affects all AliExpress sellers or only PNSO's official store? How much are usually the discounts? And BTW, do you know if some of last year's releases like the Yutyrannus are also receiving the manual / posters treatment on their package, or is it only for some random older models like the Ankylosaurus? (tbh the original booklets they used to include were more than enough for me, but if they include even more stuff I would appreciate it) I ask you since you clearly know a lot more of PNSO than the rest of us do LoL. And we thank you so much for you sharing the info with all of us.

Skorpio V.

Quote from: Bread on January 21, 2022, 05:50:45 PM
Now, I am not familiar with ceratopsian leg proportions, but to me at least, the Styracosaurus' back legs seem large? Or at least the knee to the foot seem large in proportion to the rest of the figure.

Yeah the hind feet look weirdly proportioned. Again, I liked how their original ceratopsian feet were sculpted, like in the Machairoceratops that Anthony's conveniently compared to.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

SidB

Quote from: Skorpio V. on January 21, 2022, 11:43:53 PM

Yeah the hind feet look weirdly proportioned. Again, I liked how their original ceratopsian feet were sculpted, like in the Machairoceratops that Anthony's conveniently compared to.
I hadn't noticed that before, so I took a look - yeah, I see what you mean. Well, I'll have to wait and see how it looks in hand.

SRF

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator with the last sale on AliExpress, others stores were affected as well. Discounts were up to 20%. What models the discounts are applied to, differs for each store.

I've purchased the Pachyrhinosaurus as well during the last sale and that one has the new manual and poster. I think I've read somewhere that the Tarbosaurus has gotten the same treatment so I guess the Yutyrannus will have it as well.

Hope this helps.
But today, I'm just being father

Brocc21

Quote from: Duna on January 21, 2022, 12:11:14 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 21, 2022, 10:37:43 AM
Centrosaurus:

(more pictures on my collection thread :  http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3228.msg310591#msg310591  )

:)
Night and day ...  :o What has happened to the head colours?

Now I'm fearing that the one I decided to buy, the Styracosaurus, ends up looking like that ...  :-[
Pesky promo images
https://youtu.be/fx5EzeE-1Mc
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Faras

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator The pleasure is all mine :) Yup probably around early March judging from last year's Taobao calendar (could be a week earlier since early CNY), sale should affect all, discounts are probably the same as recent one (~20% as SRF said, sorry I'm not very familiar with flat % discounts on AliExpress, on Taobao it's 10-40% depends on how many coupons one can stack).

Bet PNSO adds new manual and poster when producing new batches (and leaving old ones as they are) as half of best sellers got them judging from comments. I couldn't find more recent info on Yutyrannus, though likely it still have old booklet: Yutyrannus - on Taobao total sales are 200+, 28 in last 30 days, 17th Nov. pic shows old booklet; Spinosaurus - 700+ sold in total, 57 in last 30 days, 10th Dec. shows old booklet.

On the bright side, old booklet means the figure was probably produced before New Mamenchisaurus in August 2021. :)

Concavenator

Thank you both.

Quote from: Faras on January 22, 2022, 10:16:38 AM
On the bright side, old booklet means the figure was probably produced before New Mamenchisaurus in August 2021. :)

Hopefully this means the paint job quality hasn't gotten much worse. Although I prefer the more subdued paint on the newest releases.

SRF

Paleofiguras posted on Facebook that Wilson now comes with all the extras that also come with the Iguanodon and the Triceratops. Meaning a lot of artwork and posters but unfortunately no skull or other extra to go with the model.

The model itself remains unchanged, although I wonder if the paint job will differ from the initial release like we've discussed here.

Dinoxels

PNSO Wilson Economic Inflation Variant
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

SRF

Quote from: Dinoxels on January 22, 2022, 11:03:57 PM
PNSO Wilson Economic Inflation Variant

If I'm not mistaken, this new packaging offers more for the same price.

CARN0TAURUS

I appreciate a figure coming in bubble blister pack of plastic or something like that to avoid warping, but other than that I could care less about the posters etc.  if they want to put out an artbook based on their releases that's fine but personally  I'd much rather pay $40 for the figure without a fancy box or posters or booklets. 

Even the packaging on the prehistoric line is pushing the price up.  A plain white box with a PNSO logo and species name is all that's required to get the product out safe.  I bought paul, gamba, and connor and amazon shipped them in either white or grey plastic bags, LOL.  The cardboard boxes where squished and crushed so the fancy images printed on their are all messed up anyway.

Bread

Gosh, I'd pay an extra $10 for that artwork to the left of the figure be applied to Wilson.

SRF

Quote from: Bread on January 23, 2022, 03:14:30 AM
Gosh, I'd pay an extra $10 for that artwork to the left of the figure be applied to Wilson.

What do you mean by that? The color scheme of the artwork applied on the figure?

JohannesB

I might get the Styracosaurus figure. From what I can glean from those bad in-hand photographs, it looks very nice.

JohannesB

I think this figure looks great, color seems duller than promotional images but that's usual with PNSO; however, the colors still seem vibrant and prominent.

I assume there is a lot of distortion going on in these images. It looks as if they were taken with a smartphone camera. Or maybe even a tablet :P

Bread

Quote from: SRF on January 23, 2022, 07:08:59 AM
Quote from: Bread on January 23, 2022, 03:14:30 AM

What do you mean by that? The color scheme of the artwork applied on the figure?
Yes exactly.

Shadowknight1

I wonder if Styracosaurus will be the last reveal before the Chinese New year.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: