News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andre

Quote from: Fembrogon link=msg=330687 date=1666819410
Did I miss which line this is part of? I may have to seriously consider it regardless.
/quote]

Thank God it is not museum line!! Instant buy for me!!!! Love it!

postsaurischian

Quote from: SidB on October 26, 2022, 07:32:33 PMOther than the cost, I'm glad ED was wrong to call the Deinocheirus the last PNSO release of the year. ED's usually right, so this does indicate the opacity of PNSO, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian .

I don't think so. I didn't believe in Deinocheirus being the last release of 2022.
It was pretty clear that there would be at least one more model, because Deinocheirus was No.64, "Sinopliosaurus" was No.66 and No.65 was still open.
I have always thought that PNSO would fill up this gap before the end of the year.

Stegotyranno420

Not a fan of it.
Still respectful regarding the sculpting and manufacturing

suspsy

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 26, 2022, 11:00:27 PM
Quote from: suspsy on October 26, 2022, 06:46:42 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 26, 2022, 06:17:42 PM
Quote from: suspsy on October 26, 2022, 01:13:03 PMQingge the Therizinosaurus looks amazing. Sadly, I already know he's not in my budget, especially in light of the fact that CollectA's 2023 reveals are starting next week!
Really???

Yes. They always do their reveals in November. Such reliability is one of the many things I like about CollectA.
Do we know specifically that its next week though

Yes. They always begin right at the start of the month. Usually on a Thursday.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bokisaurus

Yes, we have another winner! Beautiful model and exciting to see see it with the rest of the collection!😃

Halichoeres

Quote from: Faelrin on October 26, 2022, 03:00:13 PMTo think I was seriously considering Favorite's for a hot minute and then we get this beauty.

Ha, yeah, after the huge disappointment of the GR Toys Therizinosaurus, I was getting ready to go for the Favorite Co version, but this will save me the trouble.

I guess Everything Dinosaur just meant the last they'd get in this year, after all.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

I feel a little bad for the favorite figure, because...god...this just leaves it in the dust. I mean, it's likely to be, what, 4 times as much? So, I'd expect that. But still, as a collector with no concept of monetary value, I'm eager to buy this thing.

ceratopsian

I really wanted very badly to like the GR toys release - so glad I stood firm and didn't press "buy".

ED - no I don't think that's what they meant, at least from how specifically it was phrased in an email I had. Maybe they were using a form of shorthand for "in stock". But I'm not completely convinced!

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 27, 2022, 04:17:47 AMHa, yeah, after the huge disappointment of the GR Toys Therizinosaurus, I was getting ready to go for the Favorite Co version, but this will save me the trouble.

I guess Everything Dinosaur just meant the last they'd get in this year, after all.

EmperorDinobot

I'm calling it: That's the finest Therizinosaurus model yet.

Thialfi

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on October 27, 2022, 11:59:58 AMI'm calling it: That's the finest Therizinosaurus model yet.
I agree, though it has to be said there aren't that many great ones on the market. I own the big CollectA one which is actually surprisingly nice, but this PNSO one definitely ups the game. Can't really think of any other worthwhile ones? Papo perhaps, but I feel it takes too many creative liberties.

Lynx

It is rather small, being in 1:50 scale.
An oversized house cat.

Remko

Quote from: Lynx on October 27, 2022, 02:55:05 PMIt is rather small, being in 1:50 scale.

What are you talking about?
The figure is about 15 cm tall.
In 1:35th scale that means 5,25 meters tall.

Now, eventhough the known Therizinosaurus fossils itself are far from complete, we have a pretty good idea of it's size:

Therizinosaurus was a colossal therizinosaurid that could grow up to 9–10 m (30–33 ft) long and 4–5 m (13–16 ft) tall, and weigh possibly over 5 t (5.5 short tons).

So if you're talking scale, at 15 cm high for the figure it would be 7 meters tall in 1:50th scale.
If at all, giving an average of 4,5 meters tall, that would make it 1:30th scale.

It's only 5 cm's shorter than Papo's figure, but that is in a straight up stance, while PNSO's is more horizontal.
And it will still tower 5 cm's over PNSO's Tarbosaurus.

So in my opinion, this figure fits perfectly with a 1:35th collection.

Dromaenychus

PNSO dinosaurs have a 17% off coupon on Amazon (USA). If you are using the mobile app, you need to order each figure separately if you want more than one. It only applies the coupon to one figure per order for some reason. I ordered the last three figures and saved about $26 total.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Lynx

Quote from: Remko on October 27, 2022, 03:27:16 PM
Quote from: Lynx on October 27, 2022, 02:55:05 PMIt is rather small, being in 1:50 scale.

Now, eventhough the known Therizinosaurus fossils itself are far from complete, we have a pretty good idea of it's size:

Therizinosaurus was a colossal therizinosaurid that could grow up to 9–10 m (30–33 ft) long and 4–5 m (13–16 ft) tall, and weigh possibly over 5 t (5.5 short tons).

So if you're talking scale, at 15 cm high for the figure it would be 7 meters tall in 1:50th scale.
If at all, giving an average of 4,5 meters tall, that would make it 1:30th scale.

It's only 5 cm's shorter than Papo's figure, but that is in a straight up stance, while PNSO's is more horizontal.

That is what Everything Dinosaurs blog said, I am unsure if they got the calculations wrong.
An oversized house cat.

Lynx

QuoteThe model measures 15 cm tall and has an overall length of 19.5 cm. Although PNSO does not declare a scale for their mid-size model range, we estimate that based on an adult length of 10 metres, this model is in approximately 1:50 scale.
An oversized house cat.

Lynx

By "rather small" I PURELY mean the scale, I am not talking about proportions in itself. Thanks.
An oversized house cat.

Andre

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 27, 2022, 03:50:59 PMLana has the Theri up for sale : https://lanatime-shop.com/collections/in-stock-pnso/products/pnso65

Amazon too: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B6J7Z4MN?ref_=ast_sto_dp

I need to wait for it to be available in AliExpress... apparently it's taking longer to be available there..

Lynx

Quote from: Remko on October 27, 2022, 03:27:16 PM

I didn't intend to imply the figure was minuscule, but that by the scale implied by Everything Dinosaurs it felt small. I don't have the figure in hand, so I wouldn't know much in that degree. I do admit, again, my wording should not have been the way it was. I am unsure and uncertain at this point, and just don't feel like getting this figure.
An oversized house cat.

Renecito

ED dinosaur also posted this: "This beautifully crafted dinosaur model will join the feathered Nanotyrannus, and Jacques the Deinocheirus"

Does PNSO's Nanotyrannus have feathers? 
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: