News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samrukia

beautiful figure but

was Therizinosaurus plantigrade or digitigrade?

and don't you find it strange that artwork pictures Therizinosaurus as a plantigrade while the figure seems to be digitigrade?

Lynx

Quote from: Renecito on October 27, 2022, 04:41:15 PMED dinosaur also posted this: "This beautifully crafted dinosaur model will join the feathered Nanotyrannus, and Jacques the Deinocheirus"

Does PNSO's Nanotyrannus have feathers?

It is very odd how many inconsistencies there are within the blog post, I do question the reliability of this source.
An oversized house cat.

stargatedalek

Quote from: erlectric on October 27, 2022, 04:44:35 PMbeautiful figure but

and don't you find it strange that artwork pictures Therizinosaurus as a plantigrade while the figure seems to be digitigrade?

It was digitigrade.

ceratopsian

An explanation from ED's blog on the surprise timing of the Therizinosaurus. Sounds like PNSO pushed their schedule forward to give an early release.

"As Everything Dinosaur understands the situation, this [ie the Therizinosaurus] is the last PNSO dinosaur figure to be announced this year. The factory was keen to get this model launched and so, there is no beautifully painted life reconstruction as part of the official publicity photographs. Instead, the model has been photographed against a simpler background giving the impression of a forest environment."

Leyster

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 27, 2022, 05:04:36 PM

It was digitigrade.
Not according Sennikov (2006) and Sennikov (2021)
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Bread

Quote from: ceratopsian on October 27, 2022, 05:21:34 PMAn explanation from ED's blog on the surprise timing of the Therizinosaurus. Sounds like PNSO pushed their schedule forward to give an early release.

"As Everything Dinosaur understands the situation, this [ie the Therizinosaurus] is the last PNSO dinosaur figure to be announced this year. The factory was keen to get this model launched and so, there is no beautifully painted life reconstruction as part of the official publicity photographs. Instead, the model has been photographed against a simpler background giving the impression of a forest environment."
Would this be due to the popularity surge in this genus? Because of JW

Sim

PNSO's Nanotyrannus doesn't have feathers.  I imagine Everything Dinosaur meant Yutyrannus instead.

I think Everything Dinosaur got 1:50 scale for the Therizinosaurus by using the maximum length estimate (10m).  However comparing the PNSO figure to a size comparison from Wikipedia where the Therizinosaurus has the same proportions as the PNSO figure, the Therizinosaurus is 4.9m tall.  With that more reliable size estimate the PNSO figure is 1:33 scale.

I'm happy to see PNSO is increasing diversity among their figures with the Deinocheirus and Therizinosaurus!

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim Thanks for that size estimate. I think this would be a banger next to both their Tarbosaurus and Deinocheirus (huh I guess not quite unlike the Dominion end scene, but like in a way that makes much more sense, with these all being contemporaries), especially if there's a consistent range of scale among all three. Considering the Tarbosaurus and Deinocheirus poses compliment each other rather well, I'm looking forward to seeing how this one will look among them. 

Can't believe how long I wanted figures of these three that could work side by side each other, and PNSO finally delivered on that front. I mean as much as I was satisfied with the Safari Ltd Deinocheirus for years, there weren't many other options for the latter two that worked well with it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Samrukia

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 27, 2022, 05:04:36 PM

It was digitigrade.

honestly, i was hoping more for a sort of discussion supported by sources. As Leyster mentioned, there is a paper by Sennikov..
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1134/S0031030121100087

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Thialfi on October 27, 2022, 02:33:23 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on October 27, 2022, 11:59:58 AMI'm calling it: That's the finest Therizinosaurus model yet.
I agree, though it has to be said there aren't that many great ones on the market. I own the big CollectA one which is actually surprisingly nice, but this PNSO one definitely ups the game. Can't really think of any other worthwhile ones? Papo perhaps, but I feel it takes too many creative liberties.

This one is my personal favorite: https://dinotoyblog.com/2010/10/30/therizinosaurus-dinotales-series-4-by-kaiyodo/

Also, my fellow dino hunters(TM), is there a good store to buy PNSO figures that isn't, well, ebay?
I'm ready to begin.

Carnoking

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on October 27, 2022, 07:40:15 PM
Quote from: Thialfi on October 27, 2022, 02:33:23 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on October 27, 2022, 11:59:58 AMI'm calling it: That's the finest Therizinosaurus model yet.
I agree, though it has to be said there aren't that many great ones on the market. I own the big CollectA one which is actually surprisingly nice, but this PNSO one definitely ups the game. Can't really think of any other worthwhile ones? Papo perhaps, but I feel it takes too many creative liberties.

This one is my personal favorite: https://dinotoyblog.com/2010/10/30/therizinosaurus-dinotales-series-4-by-kaiyodo/

Also, my fellow dino hunters(TM), is there a good store to buy PNSO figures that isn't, well, ebay?
I'm ready to begin.

Lana Time Shop, Happy Hen Toys, EverythingDinosaur, Dan's Dinosaurs, MiniZoo, Aliexpress, and Amazon all carry them with the latter two having direct PNSO storefronts.

EmperorDinobot

Thanks Hayden. I'll go with Dan's Dinosaurs. I avoid Amazon like the plague. I mean there's no ethical consumption under capi... I mean, I'll go with Dan's Dinosaurs. Been meaning to buy some other stuff from them, too. Gotta get this year's Safari fix!

SenSx

Are we sure it's the last PNSO figure of the year ?
I mean there are still two full months left...

ceratopsian

No we are not sure. It's PNSO after all!

Quote from: SenSx on October 27, 2022, 08:34:59 PMAre we sure it's the last PNSO figure of the year ?

Concavenator

Quote from: SenSx on October 27, 2022, 08:34:59 PMAre we sure it's the last PNSO figure of the year ?

I was wondering about that as well... it sounds weird, so the factory "rushed its release"... well, we're still in October. And the Deinocheirus was supposedly the last. This Theri pulled up at what seems their usual rate now (1 figure/month). So if another 1 or 2 more figures were released I wouldn't be surprised.

Remko

Quote from: Lynx on October 27, 2022, 04:06:06 PM
QuoteThe model measures 15 cm tall and has an overall length of 19.5 cm. Although PNSO does not declare a scale for their mid-size model range, we estimate that based on an adult length of 10 metres, this model is in approximately 1:50 scale.

Ah, I see. I'm not familiair with ED's blog.

ED takes the overall standing length of the figure as shown on the release photo's. A better length would be to measure the figure along the spine. It will be quite a bit longer than the given 19,5 cm.

EmperorDinobot

Who is ED? I thought I was ED.

Concavenator

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot ED is usually referred to Everything Dinosaur here.

Maritimer

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on October 28, 2022, 12:48:25 AMWho is ED? I thought I was ED.

(>__<)

Everything Dinosaur, maybe?

Played catch-up today ... Torosaurus, Sinraptor, Lingwulong, "Sinopliosaurus", Deinocheirus and Therizinosaurus, along with a couple of those black platform stands. (Amazon wouldn't let me order more than one set of stands, for some reason . . . ) Couple of those were just "can't miss" for me.

Also, re: Amazon - yes, there's a 17% coupon available on non-museum-line figures, but only one coupon per order - and it defaults to the least expensive figure in the order. In order to utilize the discount on more than one figure, even on a PC, I had to order each one separately. Annoying, but between shipping and U.S. State taxes . . . I'll take what I can get.

~B.

EmperorDinobot

So I could just order a different dinosaur every day and use the coupon? Where can I find this coupon?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: