News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

avatar_Renecito @Renecito I would really like your number 2: Suchomimus;)

So ED was wrong. Anyways, this is a great looking Therizinosaurus, easily the best one so far. Just in time to defeat Favorite's try. I find it uncanny that after quite some time of focusing on basically the same groups (tyrannosaurs, ceratopsids, hadrosaurids...) Prehistoric Planet comes out and they've now released Deinocheirus and Therizinosaurus, their first representatives of those groups which funnily enough also appeared in the series. And I'm not saying this in a negative way (whether they were inspired to do them by PP or not is speculation anyways), if the documentary did inspire them to explore more groups, then that's great!

Personally I don't plan to get it as Therizinosaurus is fragmentary. A more complete therizinosaur like Falcarius, Nothronychus, Segnosaurus or Neimongosaurus I would find more interesting.

bmathison1972

I have yet to buy a Therizinosaurus as I never knew which was the best and hoped Safari would release one in their WS Dino line. That being said, this PNSO Therizinosaurus is hard to resist. Darn; I was hoping I'd stopped adding to my 2022 wishes thread...

Faelrin

To think I was seriously considering Favorite's for a hot minute and then we get this beauty. Best Therizinosaurus period. Definitely need to snag this alongside the Deinocheirus and Tarbosaurus. Truly glad they did some of the best figures of those Nemegt formation theropods. I hope it doesn't stop there. Saurolophus and Mononykus would be great to see from them as well.

I'm just wondering when Happy Hen toys will get them. Sometime early next year, hopefully? Would like to order all three of the above.

Also kind of an appropriate reveal with Halloween coming up, what with its giant claws.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Pliosaurking

It looks really good, but I personally prefer the Deinocherius.

Duna

Quote from: 5aurophaganax on October 26, 2022, 02:31:43 PMPersonally I don't plan to get it as Therizinosaurus is fragmentary. A more complete therizinosaur like Falcarius, Nothronychus, Segnosaurus or Neimongosaurus I would find more interesting.
In my case if it was one of those species, I wouldn't get it.  ^-^ But Therizinosaurus? OF COURSE.

The best therizinosaurus now by far. My girls are going to be very happy when I give my Papo figure to them - and because I know they will take good care of it (it's a very good figure, but the short nails bothered me a lot).

Now I need to get the Deinocheirus, too. The colours were nicer, though.

Lynx

Quote from: Pliosaurking on October 26, 2022, 03:02:04 PMIt looks really good, but I personally prefer the Deinocherius.

I like the paint of the deinocherius but the sculpt of this one. I think they'd look nice near one another on a shelf.
An oversized house cat.

Renecito

avatar_Concavenator @5aurophaganax You are right I had forgotten that we didn't get the rumored suchomimus. It is still missing my number 2.

A closer look at the head:
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Lynx

I would like to assume that the plesiosaur figure was probably mistaken for suchomimus at first and thus put on the rumored list
An oversized house cat.

Dusty Wren

What a beautiful figure. I didn't love either Favorite's or GR Toys' attempts at this genus this year, so I'm glad PNSO came through for us.
Check out my customs thread!

Remko

Quote from: Bread on October 26, 2022, 02:06:46 PMI feel as though the Deinocheirus was way better than this Therizinosaurus due to the color scheme being way more appealing.

Otherwise, I love this! It's definitely a candidate for a repaint!

The PNSO Deinocheirus looks great, but I think I will have my figure repainted like this:

Faelrin

So like I just realized this year is like the year of Therizinosaurus figures. Mattel, GR Toys, Favorite, and now PNSO. Maybe Nanmu as well, but I don't expect that to release in this year. To be fair it also starred in both a film, and a documentary. I'm sure you can guess which.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

PrimevalRaptor

Not as much of an exciting color scheme like the Deinocheirus but wow, this is a stunning Therizinosaurus, probably the best on the market right now.

KrazyKaprosuchus

My god it's gorgeous! And with the fourth digit touching the ground too! And probably my favorite theropod dinosaur. Another instant buy from me. I wish it had some more coloration like in the illustrations, but oh well.

Mellow Stego

Finally a Therizinosaurus that's not in some crazy pose! This thing is beautiful.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on October 26, 2022, 01:13:03 PMQingge the Therizinosaurus looks amazing. Sadly, I already know he's not in my budget, especially in light of the fact that CollectA's 2023 reveals are starting next week!
Really???
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SenSx

Would you call me crazy to say that I still like the Papo one very much despite its flaws ? (feathers, claws and pose mainly).
I don't know if I'm getting this one.

I hope they do Gigantoraptor next

suspsy

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 26, 2022, 06:17:42 PM
Quote from: suspsy on October 26, 2022, 01:13:03 PMQingge the Therizinosaurus looks amazing. Sadly, I already know he's not in my budget, especially in light of the fact that CollectA's 2023 reveals are starting next week!
Really???

Yes. They always do their reveals in November. Such reliability is one of the many things I like about CollectA.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Love the claws. The lack of appropriately long ones is my major complaint on the Papo Therizinosaurus, which will now be retired to storage from my display shelves, once this one becomes available.

Other than the cost, I'm glad ED was wrong to call the Deinocheirus the last PNSO release of the year. ED's usually right, so this does indicate the opacity of PNSO, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian .

Fembrogon

Oh snaaaaaaap, that's a lovely-looking scythe lizard. Did I miss which line this is part of? I may have to seriously consider it regardless.

I do agree, though, that more toys of other, better-known therizinosaur genera would be welcome at any time.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on October 26, 2022, 06:46:42 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 26, 2022, 06:17:42 PM
Really???

Yes. They always do their reveals in November. Such reliability is one of the many things I like about CollectA.
Do we know specifically that its next week though
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: