News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane

That Torosaurus without Prime eligible shipping...just can't pull the trigger on it.

JohannesB

Lowest (total) I can get the Torosaurus for is $75. I'll need to wait..

Andre

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on March 28, 2022, 01:07:10 PM
Quote from: Andre on March 28, 2022, 01:00:13 PM
Doesn't work.. I don't know why, but it always takes me a couple of days to see the new ones.. I don't know if it's a different data base for different countries, or what.. but when someone posts a link, I can access it.
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005004080311454.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2deu&spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.1.4244589b0o9TEW

Thanks!!!

CARN0TAURUS

Guys, I've never shopped on Aliexpress before, is it safe?  Do I need to create an account to get the discounts.  I'm concerned because on the one hand I would like to make a large lump purchase and get that extra $3 off every thirty but were talking about like 12-15 bucks depending on how much I order and I still have to wait for it for several weeks.  On prime right now I can get the 20% off and get everything in the next couple of days.  I just wouldn't get the added discount but is it worth compromising my bank information for $15 bucks?  IDK, plus I don't mind placing the orders separately it takes a few seconds and I've done that before...

SRF

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on March 28, 2022, 06:37:04 PM
Guys, I've never shopped on Aliexpress before, is it safe?  Do I need to create an account to get the discounts.  I'm concerned because on the one hand I would like to make a large lump purchase and get that extra $3 off every thirty but were talking about like 12-15 bucks depending on how much I order and I still have to wait for it for several weeks.  On prime right now I can get the 20% off and get everything in the next couple of days.  I just wouldn't get the added discount but is it worth compromising my bank information for $15 bucks?  IDK, plus I don't mind placing the orders separately it takes a few seconds and I've done that before...

Normally my AliExpress orders take about 9 to 12 days to reach my doorstep. For me as a European, shopping on Amazon is more expensive because I have to pay an extra 10 Euro or so for shipping. So AliExpress for me is the best option to purchase PNSO figures. Apart from Wilson, I've made all my PNSO purchases through AliExpress. Yes you need to create an account, but I never experienced any trouble concerning my bank information. I'm not sure, but the extra coupon that I could use on AliExpress, could also have to do with the fact that I'm using the app for quite some time now, as a buyer program or such a thing.

If ordering seperately on Amazon gets you almost the same result when it comes to discounts however, I can imagine that just sticking to Amazon is the better option for you.
But today, I'm just being father

Faras

avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS Hmm haven't used AliExpress myself, tho AFAIK it's primary official international platform of Alibaba (309 billion USD market value, one of the biggest internet enterprise here with 23 years history), I've been shopping on their Chinese platforms for over 10 years and never had bank accounts issue :)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on March 28, 2022, 06:37:04 PM

On Aliexpress you can use Paypal (same as Ebay).
On Amazon your credit card is still required.

-

CARN0TAURUS

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow
Thanks for the feedback guys.  I ended up sticking with Amazon.  My stuff will all be here within the next 48hrs and everything across the board was 20% off on Amazon.  On Aliexpress some of the older stuff I wanted was only discounted 5% so even with the added $3 for $30 spent it came out to like a 5 dollar difference on the total and I don't have to wait until May 2nd to get my stuff.  For me it just didn't make sense this time because the biggest savings were mostly restricted to the museum line pieces, the zhuchengtyrannus being an exception.  It seemed like I already owned the exceptions, LOL.  If aliexpress had discounted everything 20% across the board it would've been worthwhile to get that extra $3 would've added up to an extra dinosaur but I still would've had to wait until May to get my stuff.

Thialfi

Ugh I really want that Livyatan but can't justify paying 46 EUR for it. Ah well, hopefully another time, a better sale..

SRF

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on March 29, 2022, 03:28:05 AM
avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow
Thanks for the feedback guys.  I ended up sticking with Amazon.  My stuff will all be here within the next 48hrs and everything across the board was 20% off on Amazon.  On Aliexpress some of the older stuff I wanted was only discounted 5% so even with the added $3 for $30 spent it came out to like a 5 dollar difference on the total and I don't have to wait until May 2nd to get my stuff.  For me it just didn't make sense this time because the biggest savings were mostly restricted to the museum line pieces, the zhuchengtyrannus being an exception.  It seemed like I already owned the exceptions, LOL.  If aliexpress had discounted everything 20% across the board it would've been worthwhile to get that extra $3 would've added up to an extra dinosaur but I still would've had to wait until May to get my stuff.

The estimated dates for when you receive your order on AliExpress are a bit of a mess to be honest. When I ordered the Torosaurus it indeed said that I would receive my order on May 2nd. The most up to date track & trace info now says I will receive it on the 9th of April. The Zhuchengtyrannus would arrive on April 20 and the track & trace info gives that estimated date as well. Wouldn't surprise me though if both packages arrive within a few days from each other.

At least I've got something to look forward to. :)
But today, I'm just being father

Psittacoraptor

Is there any info about a potential paint downgrade on the Pinacosaurus? It's a late 2020 figure, so it should be fine still, no?

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on March 29, 2022, 10:19:15 AM
Is there any info about a potential paint downgrade on the Pinacosaurus? It's a late 2020 figure, so it should be fine still, no?

I got one this January and it seemed fine. But it's not like I have an earlier one to compare with.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on March 29, 2022, 10:19:15 AM

I got mine in late 2021 and it looks great

SidB

Thanks, avatar_Prehistory Resurrection @Prehistory Resurrection , I've been anticipating this review.

Halichoeres

Here's my Pinacosaurus from early 2021 if you want to compare. Looks pretty similar to Eocarcharia's to my eye.

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Psittacoraptor

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia B @bmathison1972 avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Thank you! Looks like it is still safe to buy, I want to avoid another Ankylosaurus situation. Hopefully PNSO learned from the feedback they received and we won't see another paint downgrade like that again.

The Torosaurus looks so good in that video. Many small improvements compared to the Triceratops.

EDIT: To anyone using Aliexpress: use the app if you can. Sometimes a coupon randomly pops up when you view your cart. I just bought the Zhuchengtyrannus for 30 USD incl. VAT and shipping! Without VAT it was 25 USD (that's what non-Europeans would have paid). I wasn't planning on getting it, but for that price I couldn't say no. The Pinacosaurus was sadly almost the same price, I'll get it another day.

CARN0TAURUS

I received Jennie the Centrosaurus today and something bothered me about the figure.  It's been cool here all week the temperatures in the low to mid sixties and overcast.  But Jennie is really rubbery, like if the temperature was in the 80s and 90s.  My other pnso figures are harder plastic and I'm wondering if this is something wrong with this particular example or if it's something that happened with all the Jennies.  Because it's so small and light I wonder if it'll even be a problem in the long run but she is really rubbery and none of my other pnso figures are this soft.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on March 31, 2022, 10:49:13 PM
I received Jennie the Centrosaurus today and something bothered me about the figure.  It's been cool here all week the temperatures in the low to mid sixties and overcast.  But Jennie is really rubbery, like if the temperature was in the 80s and 90s.  My other pnso figures are harder plastic and I'm wondering if this is something wrong with this particular example or if it's something that happened with all the Jennies.  Because it's so small and light I wonder if it'll even be a problem in the long run but she is really rubbery and none of my other pnso figures are this soft.
Mine is like that too. I assume it's just a naturally softer plastic that PNSO has used for the figure.

Dromaenychus

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on March 31, 2022, 10:49:13 PM
Same with mine. For some reason they used a softer plastic. Hopefully it will be fine in the long run.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: